What's new

Ghost ha#22 x Sour Diesel test by Chomsky

nickman

Veteran
Karma just curious about your cure process?

I'm never in a huge hurry but I do like to get em ready quick...

I usually hang for a week to 10 days at 50% RH in the dark then I paper bag for 10 days then burp in jars 10 days. The bud I keep I continue burping in mason jars for a month or so...

I do almost the same : I try to keep RH around 50-60%...
but I only put buds in brown paper bags for 1-2 days... I'd b afraid of them getting too dry if I kept them in the bags that long...!!!...

this last harvest of mine - my buds gotta little too dry for my liking ...

nickman

Veteran
Nice pics ....

They're swelling real good now it looks...!!!... any whole plant shots or canopy shots.

chomsky

Harvest....

Harvest....

Ok so heres the scoop.

I decided to go ahead and harvest. I was seeing yellowing trichs and the rest were white as ghosts. In other words, perfectly ready(they prolly could have taken another week, but I don't like many amber trichs). Plus the pictures do not really do justice to the hairs. Most of them have turned from white to a light brown color more so than a red. I didn't get the yield I wanted however, I think this cross can be a huge yielder... I flipped a bit too soon and these girls did not stretch anywhere near what I usually get (I normally grow a Sativa dom Kush that more than doubles in stretch). These barely doubled in height so if i grow this again Iwill veg a bit longer... After chopping the main colas there was an entire forest of smaller sugar coated colas below that if I had the patience, and let grow another three weeks probably could have increased my overall yield by almost 1/2. I would advise trimming fan leaves at the top and midway down to allow more light penetration to the world below the canopy or grow in a slightly wider space than 4x4... I have an awesome powerful light but these girls are dense and I grow in a pretty tight space.

During the harvest these girls let out the strongest odor, which was a surprise because during growth the small was very nice but not overpowering. I have never encountered such a blast of smells during harvest. It was so strong in fact, I got a bit nervous. It stunk my entire house to high heaven and I'm sure all around the outside of my house too. Thank god it was a very cold windy day out there... Still, I burned about 10 sticks of Nag Champa just so anyone walking by outside (the mailman) smelled that if anything...

The smell was of intense lime and other citrus hints mixed in with the smell of way too strong bathroom cleaner. One you might smell in a strip club bathroom (my strip club days are long gone, lol)... STRONG AND SOUR...

The trichs on this cross are deceiving. They don't really creep out on and cover the leaves but man they are dense inside the nugs. My fingers were so sticky every 20 minutes or so I had to destick with a rag and denatured alcohol... Scissors too.... I did a prelim manicure to get rid of the leaf, I'll tighten it up before finishing.

If you look at the pics, I got 25 hangers full of the big colas and 10 or so hangars of the nice smaller colas that weren't fully developed lower down. Interesting though the smaller colas that were buried had more trichs running out on the leaves and were frostier, possibly due to less intense light??? My best guess is I'll get a bit over 2lbs. of prime smokable bud out of this grow. If I let the rest of the bud mature I prolly would have got 3 or more lb's.

The rest of the trimmings and popcorn, I have in boxes cut up and going to be made into some insane cookies. I chopped so much good bud instead of waiting for them to finish that if Karma knew where I lived he may stop by and smack the shit out of me for my impatience. Rest assured though Karma. That bud is going to make a shit ton of killer edibles... Which translates to a few very happy patients(I give edibles to a few folks going through chemo)...

I'll take a few final pics of the nugs once cured and I'll follow up with a smoke report in a few weeks...

Hope you enjoyed... Karma let me know if you need any other info...

Happy to test for you anytime and thanks a million

PS I wish I had sharper pics. the buds were hanging and moving a bit. The final bud shots will be sharp as a tac... Promise...

PPS for all future grows im going back and sticking to Canna Coco and full line of Cana nutes. Its expensive but in my experience easily the best I have used...

Last edited:

Karma G

Vendor
Veteran
Hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Thanks for running these, i know there not your preferd type genes.

Looking forward to your smoke expierence

nickman

Veteran
Very nice harvest Chomsky...!!!... those buds are huge... makes me a little nervous how tightly packed that drying tent is...!!!...

Are u getting any Sour smells or more Fruity???
What final day did u harvest them on ??? (Sorry if I missed it).

I'd b very happy with that harvest by the looks of it...!!!...

chomsky

Very nice harvest Chomsky...!!!... those buds are huge... makes me a little nervous how tightly packed that drying tent is...!!!...

Are u getting any Sour smells or more Fruity???
What final day did u harvest them on ??? (Sorry if I missed it).

I'd b very happy with that harvest by the looks of it...!!!...

Hey nickman thanks and definitely fruity. VERY fruity but there is a teal strong sour industrial bathroom cleaner kinda smell too. My yield is deceiving. As I mentioned I got just over a couple pounds of primo bud. At least another pound of lesser matured and at least a pound of butter making sharf.... I could have really blown up the yield if I thinned the fan leaves and worked some supplemental lighting down into the jungle.... or if I harvested the top ten threw out the undergrowth another two week it would have been INSANE, I'm not that patient. I'm working on it though

chomsky

I personally haven't puffed it yet but getting good reports. I'm going to give my own smoke report asap. I need to find a good time to sit down and really puff

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great job with this thread Chomsky. You keep any clones and if so you going to run these again?

chomsky

Smoke report

Smoke report

I only use a vaporizer. The smoke was incredibly smooth and very flavorful. Hints of all kinds of different fruits believe it or not. Very sweet flavor. It was definitely creeper. About 10 minutes after I puffed I got hit like a wall with an unbelievable high.

The initial intensity lasted for about a half an hour and then I mellowed into it. It was a very satisfying surprisingly up buzz for an Indica. It lasted quite a long time too (5 hrs) and I would even say lingered and fizzled over an extra 2 hrs...

But I did sleep like a baby.

EXCELLENT KARMA. This should be a keeper in your line up!!!

Last edited: