What's new

GH 3 part lab analysis (by Advanced Nutrients)

tester

This lab analysis (link) was a part of the newest attack on General Hydro by Advanced Nutes.

allabsreportjunglejuice.png

They tested 4 different batches, the results can be seen in the linked pdf above.

These are the differences between the batches and the label if mixed 5ml Micro + 5ml Bloom + 5ml Grow per Gallon calculating with the same densities individually for grow, micro and bloom*

ppms
anysegh3partnum.png

Ratios
attachment.php

Lucas Formula with different batches

ppms
anlucas.png

ratios
anlucasratios.png

There are significant differences especially with the Lucas formula and based on this lab analysis, it could lead to overfertilization.
For example: Lucas formula shoots for 100P relying on GH 3 Part labels, but if someone got batch#1, he will end up with 152P, while still using the same amount of fertilizers (16 Bloom + 8 Micro per Gallon).

*I asked the lab if they list their results as w/w% or w/v% for liquid fertilizer solutions, the reply was "Data is reported on a weight to weight basis as percentages." So it's w/w%.

Attachments

• AN analyse GH 3 part num.jpg
    AN analyse GH 3 part num.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 21
  • AN analyse GH 3 part ratios.jpg
    AN analyse GH 3 part ratios.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
G

Guest 18340

Whats your honest opinion on all this tester?
I ask because GH does 1/10 of the advertising that AN does, and never bashes another company, yet it seems that AN only goes after GH. GH must be doing something right...

303hydro

senior primate of the 303 cornbread mafia
Veteran
Lmao. Seriously, I think the State of Oregon has proved that AN mislabels almost every single product they have so what is their point?

The reason they go after GH is because they sell more product than anyone else in the business. ( at least in AN's target market ) Going after the market share.

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
The main point is it works. And for a fraction of the cost of other brands.

Good enough for me!!!!!!!!

tester

GH is their biggest competitor in the international market, that might be the reason for AN's continuous bashings.
Anyway, even thought AN's reasons are bad as they are, some useful info came out of it, and that's way more better than just a bunch of the usual baseless claims and lies so I'm happy for this.

Next step for AN or GH might be sponsoring side-by-sides done by a third party to actually prove something.

After that, nute companies might even start to research nute requirements of drug type cannabis plants.
So far the nute companies were only racing about who can tell bigger lies, instead of improving their products based on real research.
Right now the main question for them is : "What can be sold (...as an additive)?"
While this would be much better : "What actually WORKS?"

Don't forget that no research has been done so far to even try to determine the nute requirements to grow Cannabis for optimum THC content, althought every other cultivated plant (like tomatoes, corn, etc) nute requirements are well researched. So the farmer knows he have to raise K and lower N at the and of ripening to have better yields/quality and it's not just based on some hearsay but a reliable side-by-side research, done by researchers, not by marketing managers.

Meanwhile companies like AN and GH are selling preformulated watered down seriously overpriced uneconomical nutes and additives and there is nothing that would say these actually improves anything. Compared to what? There is not even a baseline established yet.

Anyway this topic should be about the findings of the lab analysis, not about the marketing battles from AN on GH.

I think Spurr has or will get GH 3 part analysed, so we can double check AN's results then.

I dont understand why the parts were not tested individually... Why did they induce the possible error of "mixing batches"? Very interesting though.

Great thread tester.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Next step for AN or GH might be sponsoring side-by-sides done by a third party to actually prove something.
Had a buddy that worked as a sales rep for AN.
I offered to do a side by side, if I got some free AN.
Well, the answer a week later was "I've already given away too many free samples, they won't let me do anymore".
And like that the R/W flood table side by side was killed.

Oh well, I am on Botanicaire PBP right now anyway. Yield lost, yes. Taste lost, no.
:blowbubbles:

P.S. AN doesn't want a side by side test. They want Grower X talking about how he can do 3 ibls per 1,000 watt. Except he uses 600 W lights, runs them vert and on movers. And about 2x the base price for all the additives he uses...
Additives, how one makes money in the nute game.
But hey, it's still 3 ibls per light, right?

tester

These were tested individually, check out the link in the first post. I just wanted to see how these differences would affect the end solution when mixed at usual rates like Lucas formula or 5+5+5.

tester

Had a buddy that worked as a sales rep for AN.
I offered to do a side by side, if I got some free AN.
Well, the answer a week later was "I've already given away too many free samples, they won't let me do anymore".
And like that the R/W flood table side by side was killed.

Honestly, I wouldn't trust a test that was done with some freebies by a grower like you or me, because it's really hard to conduct a side-by-side properly, closing out any factors that might affect the outcome, supplying an equal environment and measuring the outcome (like yield, cannabinoid content, trichome density), not to mention documenting the whole process.

A lab or a university would be more reliable, I just can't believe when a hear from a grower: "I did some side by sides, and product x gave better yields (or taste or whatever)". Then comes an other grower saying exactly the opposite.
One grower actually said he had better yields because of the drops I gave him. It was water.

G

Guest 16149

Interesting Tester
I agree if a side by side is to be done it needs to be done properly and by a impartial party.
Great info tho, keep bringing it

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
your being lied to by EVERY nutrient company. just kinda depends on who you like to be lied to by. no one puts every single ingredient on the label. i use a few of their products, only because i feel like they work (for me @ least). i could really give a shit if every ingredient is listed or not. :jerkit:

growshopfrank

Veteran
nice to see advanced trying to milk all they can out of their reverse engineering ripoff gig if you cant create steal others hard work kiss that rosebud

Y

YosemiteSam

It is just so much easier to buy your own salts and tinker with your formula noting what happens. Not exactly gonna pass a peer review but eventually even a stubborn bastard like me starts to notice a thing or two. The primary thing being that not one of these companies is worth buying a single thing from.

B

Bud Bug

When was the last time any nutrient company other then AN bashed another nutrient company?

Tells you exactly about the character of the people that own, run and work at AN.

B

Bud Bug

It is just so much easier to buy your own salts and tinker with your formula noting what happens.

98% of people that grow for a living don't give a flying fuck about mixing salts to save a few bucks on food. They want ready to go foods with feeding charts for a guide. Some of them do adjust the ratios but that's it don't don't care about salts unless is building up in soil.

Y

YosemiteSam

It is not about saving a few bucks. It is about knowing exactly what is in your nutes and finding the ratios that work the best.

So if 98% do not care about that (and you may be right) then 98% really don't give a fuck about growing

grow101

Just asking myself why GH3part or Lucas works so well then... I know, it's because plants take up what they need, if you keep your EC in check and have a quite balanced fertilizer. As if in nature soil would be all the same, even within an hour nutrient availability can change by the factor of 1000 (Plant Physiology Taiz/Zeiger, 5th Edition).

ijim

I bought AN products when I first came indoors for a winter hobby. Some 100% dissolvable powders clumped up and when grounded down would still not dissolve. Out of $1500 in gear the only thing I was satisfied with was the Humic acid. I will never give them another chance.

B

Bud Bug

It is not about saving a few bucks. It is about knowing exactly what is in your nutes and finding the ratios that work the best.

People who grow commercially most of the time will follow feeding charts from the manufacturers, stores or most likely from their friends. They don't care what chamicals are in the bottle or if they affect the end user. They just want a successful crop and this is what they will get with pre-made commercial foods, be it from GH or AN or etc...

So if 98% do not care about that (and you may be right) then 98% really don't give a fuck about growing

They don't they care about growing, they care about money after the crop.

Last edited:
Y

YosemiteSam

People who grow commercially most of the time will follow feeding charts from the manufacturers, stores or most likely from their friends. They don't care what chamicals are in the bottle or if they affect the end user. They just want a successful crop and this is what they will get with pre-made commercial foods, be it from GH or AN or etc...

They don't they care growing, they care about money after the crop.

I don't know that I would say most (maybe I just hope not most) but in general I see what you are saying. It is a shame that any of that goes on...but no question, it does.