What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GFxB, Mental Floss, C-Plus, and Calizahr

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
First grow day 31 flowering. 0 pruning and only training was tieing string to it to draw them under light more. All Chimera genetics...more people need to check his stuff out for sure top notch.

Grape Fruit x DJ Short's Blue Berry:

This pheno smells unmistakebly like grape tape bubblegum. It is amazing simply put:

Check out the resin on the fan leaf stem:

This is the pheno of the more grapefruit leaning one (I am keeping both as mothers):

Side branch cola:

C-Plus (I wish I would've taken my time on this plant very frosty next time I will it was 3:30 am though lol) :bashhead:

Pheno 1 of 2

Last edited:

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Calizahr

This plant has the most amazing sweet creamy orange smell I have ever smelled in my entire life. I have had very tangerine smelling bud but this is just amazingly sweet as well as citrusy that it tops it in the orange category. Again short on time but here some pics:

A little light burned but oh well heh

This is a lower bud notice the yellow but notice the frost lol...doesn't get much light at all.

Mental Floss

I will post more on this one later too amazing plants I have 5. 4 of them are really looking nice....

Last edited:
G

grapepunched

wow looking absolutely wonderful!
did you say this was your first grow??
hats off and keep up the green thumbs 40
you'll be chillin in no time

-gp

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
grapepunched said:
wow looking absolutely wonderful!
did you say this was your first grow??
hats off and keep up the green thumbs 40
you'll be chillin in no time

-gp

Yea, I am really excited at how these are looking. These are just random 4 from the closet. I didn't try picking prettiest ones etc as it was like 3 am and I couldn't wait till next day to take pictures (hadn't had my camers for like 13 or so days)

Heres a peak inside the closet...

The two colas on the back right are killer...keeping both as mothers. I think I will take the chance of popping those Drizzle seeds of yours next go around :jump: not so worried anymore heh

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow, i have been waiting for a thread like this for at least a few years. i have heard so many good things about chimera, have been interested in running calizhar specifically. is she not cali o x shiskaberry? looks great so far. keep it up and keep us updated......sub

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
subrob said:
wow, i have been waiting for a thread like this for at least a few years. i have heard so many good things about chimera, have been interested in running calizhar specifically. is she not cali o x shiskaberry? looks great so far. keep it up and keep us updated......sub

Calizahr (California Orange x Shishkeberry Red) 56 days

Chimera Strain guide:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=32187

If you like orange you need to try this!!!!!!!! I can't express to you how amazing the smell is on this thing. It was absolutely overwhelming when I moved this plant in the grow room I freaked out and ran and grabbed my significant other as they had never smelled real citrus dank like I have over the years. It is so sweet. I got 7 more seeds I can't wait to pop. The packs come with 12 instead of 10. I popped 5 of my 12 and got 3 females.

This being my first grow I took a chance on the genetics in my opinion. I notice dhis forum wasn't very busy as res dog and many others and this kinda made me second guess but I took the plunge anyways because I too had read quite a few things about Chimera over the years all positive including Jorge Cervantes noted respect of him and his knowledge in his book where he had Chimera do the chapter on breeding.

To sum it up I am incredibly happy I took what I thought was a risk in my choice of genetics for my first grow...it seems to have not been much of a risk at all. Not to turn this into an advertisement, but damn it sure as hell isn;t my experience that produced these...I give all props to the orchestrator of these plants.

I'll update at day 45 moderately again I don't want to move my plants too much and stress them out. I don't have any training going on and most of the colas were falling to the gorund because the other plants were supporting them staying up so I want to be careful.

40- :joint:

AbaZabba

Looking good there 40.

I have 4 mental floss's that just flipped to 12/12 in what looks like the same cab as you (DR150). How much have those girls stretched, do the pheno's seem pretty similar?

Keep up the good work, you got the natural green thumb :rasta:

O ya, if that's a DR150, you working with 600 or 1000 in there?

Last edited:

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
AbaZabba said:
Looking good there 40.

I have 4 mental floss's that just flipped to 12/12 in what looks like the same cab as you (DR150). How much have those girls stretched, do the pheno's seem pretty similar?

Keep up the good work, you got the natural green thumb :rasta:

O ya, if that's a DR150, you working with 600 or 1000 in there?

My mental floss happened to have done the complete opposite of what I thought heighth wise. They ended up almost all predominantly sativa and very tall. They are the tallest and number 5 of 15 plants. I have a giant one that is 62 inches bent...2 others are like 50 some inches and look like nice yielders. All very sativa dominant leaves real thin and long and very tall. They all definitely seem to grow more naturally like a single cola rocket straight up as described. We'll see how the yield goes on these sativa phenos it will be interesting in my opinion.

I flowered everything when the first plant neared 15 inches out of 34 plants to give you an idea of stretch. I learned my lesson heh Next time I think I will go 20 plants single cola instead of 15 natural. I was mother searching this time tho so wanted to see what and how they naturally produced. I have an extra pack of Mental Floss I will pop in a run or two to see what those do as the ones this time seemed very different from everyone elses results I have seen imo.

DR150: Thousand watt for sure in that cab need to exploit whole thing if your gonna do it in a 5x5! :joint:

Check out the thread in my sig I posted all information on equipment if you want to know more. I changed fan set up though I think to a vortex 6 in low speed 275 cfm cooling the light and a 4 in vortex on charcoal filter cleaning the air. Works 100% perfect amount of negative pressure with a cheap intake fan blowing in air from a duct.

AbaZabba

I flipped 4 floss's @ approx. 8 inches (2 preflowered female), so hopefully they don't overgrow their limits or their poor necks will have to be broken.

Looking forward to see the outcome from your Chimera tent, just started working with his gear and love the vigor.

What are the stand outs for you so far?

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
AbaZabba said:
What are the stand outs for you so far?

Honestly if I could keep them all I would :muahaha:

I mean this isn't pop 10 beans and hope you get one keeper genetics...cuz it sure as hell is not my skill:

:joint:

C-Plus:

Everyone of my plants is frosty as hell throughout all strains. The only plant I would not keep out of 15 is the 60+ inch Mental Floss that is just entirely way too tall! I am either extremely lucky or the genetics are just damn good...I have no other explanations lol :jump:

Last edited:

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alright so I thought I woud give you a teaser to enjoy until my next update heh These things are fattening up for sure now!

GFxBB

AbaZabba

Starting to bulk up nicely there 40, that GFxBB looks like a nice pheno.

All 4 of my mental floss's ended up being male, they showed their hairy balls @ 10 days flower :( I was hoping to get 1 female for a mother, but what can you do. From the 12 assorted beans that were started, only 4 ended up female (2 pineapple C99, 1 Kaui Kush, 1 Cozmo). One of the c99s appears to be a nice keeper, so at least not all is failed in this mom test run.

Keep up the good work, hard to tell it's your first rodeo.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
AbaZabba said:
Starting to bulk up nicely there 40, that GFxBB looks like a nice pheno.

All 4 of my mental floss's ended up being male, they showed their hairy balls @ 10 days flower :( I was hoping to get 1 female for a mother, but what can you do. From the 12 assorted beans that were started, only 4 ended up female (2 pineapple C99, 1 Kaui Kush, 1 Cozmo). One of the c99s appears to be a nice keeper, so at least not all is failed in this mom test run.

Keep up the good work, hard to tell it's your first rodeo.

Thanks for the compliments I certainly did my reading over the years but there is nothing like actually taking care of a plant.These are my first and a rodeo is a good term for it lol.

Shame about your MF's :badday: I hope you get to grow more out in the future so we can seewill you be popping anymore? Be sure to hit me up if you ever do so I can tag a long :jump:

KindHypnos

Looking great man, excellent work on your first show btw! Keep in mind that just because that 60+in lady is uber-tall this run, doesn't mean she can't be controlled later with proper training.... just saying don't rule her out by height alone, or atleast I wouldn't ;)

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
KindHypnos said:
Looking great man, excellent work on your first show btw! Keep in mind that just because that 60+in lady is uber-tall this run, doesn't mean she can't be controlled later with proper training.... just saying don't rule her out by height alone, or atleast I wouldn't ;)

Very true honestly I think may have made a mistake...I think the reason it is so behind is because it is root bound...its over 6' 7" inches tall and in a 3 gl container and shows all sorts of erradict deficiencies...6' 7" is the height of of the tent and its bent and still bumping it. It was no taller than 15" when flowered as soon as first one hit 15 I flowered.

I wish I had had the room to keep it and see what it did a 2nd time around but I had to make a decision :violin:

AbaZabba

Hey 40,

Unfortunately those were my last 5 Mental Floss seeds from some old stock, one of which didn't break surface. I was really hoping for 1 mom out of there, but what can you do ya know?

I can't imagine that kind of stretch on your tall gal, I've got a 2' tall square table in my dr150 so that would be out of the question without some training on her. How sativa dominant is that pheno, would love to see a cab shot of her leaning in all her glory hehe.

Now that they're starting to put on some weight, whose starting to be the standouts in terms of vigor, smell, and bud development?

Keep it green, lookin good :rasta:

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
AbaZabba said:
How sativa dominant is that pheno, would love to see a cab shot of her leaning in all her glory hehe.
Ask and you shall receive...I may be kickin my self come harvest time...she's starting to purple and fatten up and its 80 in the tent...

So, I don't know you tell me how sativa it is lol. I haven't heard or seen anyone else getting an MF that is anything like this. If only it would fit anywhere near the light we could really see the yield.

Latest posts

Latest posts