What's new

Gavita pro 600 x 2 / LEP 300 test grow

theherbalizor

Veteran
There we go, the master can explain best!

I know allot of folks want to see this with run a low energy flower, and I already have a plasma waiting to be hung in a small 90cm tent with probably a 150w hps.

My others will be rocking in the mother room.

whazzup

Veteran
The quality of the product grown under LEP alone is really good, nice compact trichone covered flowers and the plants stay green very long, but the yield, compared to HPS, is relatively low as the plasma light outputs half the photons per watt compared to efficient HPS. Actually it's a bit more than 50% when you compare to 600W HPS.

You will need to control the temperature in your growroom probably a bit more, or recirculate the warm air to your crop. You might even need to add extra heating, which of course will cost energy as well. So for generative development, which normally requires a bit higher temperatures than the vegetative phase, the addition of HPS is common sense. Though we are still experimenting to find out the optimal mix of HPS and LEP over the line we have seen quality improvement whenever LEP was added. One LEP per ~1000W HPS still gives a considerable positive result in quality and yield, as you are experiencing with two 600W HPS lamps. What you also encountered in your grow is the vigourous development of the plants. If you are not scrogging you should really take that into account. Outdoor growers will probably have a deja vue when they see the plants grow.

Here is an overview of the Flowery Field setup.

theherbalizor

Veteran
Great info there as always mate.

I was just showing the flower fields set up to a friend as I was making the hard sell on the LEP. Lol. Hey, I even have your t shirt on. I surely have seen the light.

And scrogging is the way forward. Unfortunately on this run I could not scrog as the 1.5m deep tent is too deep for me to work in. The next run will be a proper scrog like I used to run with just 2 plants per 80 cm squared. Perhaps even just one, but I needs my variety.

theherbalizor

Veteran
Day 45 update.

Cut out superior potash for a few days and from tomorrow I will be dropping all feed down to 1.2 ec, Bud XL and Top Shooter at 0.65g/L. This takes ec to 1.6.

But all is looking great and smelling better. The Chem D is a little upset from Calmag def. But shell be ok. Caseys are stomping home as per the norm.

Killa Queen has behaved herself on me this time and not gone all stretchy.

Any LSF is being treated daily to a dose of UVC.

Day 45

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
looking lovely bredren!!! always a treat taking in your pics...good vibez

S

speedemon

Day 45 update.

Cut out superior potash for a few days and from tomorrow I will be dropping all feed down to 1.2 ec, Bud XL and Top Shooter at 0.65g/L. This takes ec to 1.6.

But all is looking great and smelling better. The Chem D is a little upset from Calmag def. But shell be ok. Caseys are stomping home as per the norm.

Killa Queen has behaved herself on me this time and not gone all stretchy.

Any LSF is being treated daily to a dose of UVC.

Day 45

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Looking good herbs mate :) I take it your UVC light arrived then :) I am also ordering one from Germany :) £142 :)

whazzup

Veteran
careful with the UVC! Don't ever overdose and do mind the strict safety regulations. UVC does not work very well on a very dense canopy. Cheapest way to get UVC is to remove the glass window of the plasma lamp ;). Nah forget I ever said that, too dangerous for your eyes. That's why we put it there in the first place.

On of the UVB attributed effects btw is the early browning of the pistils.

theherbalizor

Veteran
Oh I am very careful where uvc is concerned. At the mo I have a cheap 4w uvc unit from eBay. I am just subjecting a few buds that are close to some LSF. Just ensuring it doesn't take a hold. I can assure I will not be removing the glass. I love my plants...l lol.

Arh. So the UVB is causing early pistil browning. Did you find that in general the plants mature quicker?

Truly can not wait for the next run, one LEP per 600 and scrog. 8 plants total. 30 days veg under plasma.

whazzup

Veteran
Arh. So the UVB is causing early pistil browning. Did you find that in general the plants mature quicker?
Yes, I have experienced this often under plasma. You will also see that the older trichomes get amber really early under plasma. You also see lots of new trichomes, right to the end. The mix of ripe and high amount fresh trichomes adds to the "oempf" effect ;). They ripen, but stay very green as well right until the end. With plasma you can often take an extra week if you want to, adding also to the ripeness of a lot of trichomes.

theherbalizor

Veteran
Excellent. Really excited to smoke my first plasma augmented nugs!

The buds are so dense and stink. The chem d is like pure goo to the touch, as is the killa queen. She is basking right under the plasma.

E

elmanito

You will notice in the high far more character thanks to the UVB like the buds grown outside.It's looking great btw :blowbubbles:

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

theherbalizor

Veteran
Festive update as per normal tomorrow. Christmas will be extra exciting this year. I may even celebrate by cutting down a plant I have gong in another tent.

Tinsel and bourballs to all!

theherbalizor

Veteran
Thanks Shhh.

Well its christmas day night and day 52.

Really quick update as I am shagged.

SOrry about lights on shots etc, no time today. Still not had a spliff yet.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php