What's new

Gavita pro 600 x 2 / LEP 300 test grow

E

elmanito

Your vegetation are looking terrific, no words for it.:yes: Still curious what you will harvest :blowbubbles:

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

theherbalizor

Veteran
Thanks elmanito. I think already if I was to pull the casey jones today, which would smoke horrid as its far far too early, I would have a good 9-12 oz. a good 3 on each plant easy, one particularly. I reckon is nearly a 3rd more again.

I can not wait for harvest to see how much these lights pull me. A sativa seed run with minimal veg would be ridiculous. That has been my best yield so far.

Green81

Veteran
Lovely show your putting on for us herb, great work m8. I was thinking the same thing too bro, any tricks in avoiding bud rot other than the obvious?

G81

banging as always bro, do you use the plasma all the way through and have you done that before, ifso what diff would you say it makes?

hb

theherbalizor

Veteran
Thanks.

Greens... Nah man, as you say the usual.just good airflow and exchange with diligent removal of dying leafs etc.

Hey hb, ths is my first ever run with the plasma, and yeah on from start to harvest.

And on a side note, I havemy next run sorted. I want to go back to scrogging, but can't in dr150. I also hate the lack of headroom in tents. So was going to build a 2m x 1m x2.5m h cab. But had the thought of flipping a dr240w on its end. Giving me that extra 40 cm height and the perfect 2 m wide by 1.2 m deep. Nice

theherbalizor

Veteran
Day 38 update.

Nothing really changed in the feed. Still at 1.6EC base and 1.8-2.0 ec with Sup pot ash.

Will be stopping the amino treatment on day 42.

Think Chem D could do with another hit of calmag, but have run out but have some H&G trace mix so may try a little of that. Or just leave them.

So day 38 flower. All buds pretty much equal size in any corner of the tent.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

theherbalizor

Veteran
Thanks guys.

I have been chatting with gavita who strenuously recommend against flowering soley with the LEP.

It will produce equal weight to a comparible sized output lamp, but plants will be twice as stretched as normal, will not be fully colad up, but will be no popcorn.hard buds to the base of plant and much less leaf. The lack of far red and light heat radiance causes this.

You also have to remember that these put out only 300 micromoles of light. Where as the gavita pro 600 is over a 1000. So one can easily see that it just can not perform as well as half a hps of double the consumption

Agent-Smith

Actually if you want to flower with the Plasmas, they suggest that you put HPS in the room with it like theherbalizor does. You can replace HPS lamps with the plasmas as well if you run many lights but only a few. For example, if you had three 1000W lamps in a row --X--X--X--, you could replace the center 1000W with a plasma and as long as your room is efficient you can produce the same weight output as before but with the added benefit of better quality and a nice energy savings. Straight from the horse's mouth :D

R

RedOne

fine show of new 'toys' Herbalizor,really doing justice to them girls.
Some Gavita products are definitely on my shopping list for sure,just from what i have witnessed here,many thanks for sharing.

Herborizer

Veteran
Maybe a plasma with supplemental T5? Maybe some magical combo that would compete directly with a HPS 600w? Some of us medical people that grow for just personal, wouldn't mind saving energy costs. :)

whazzup

Veteran
not always commenting but I do follow you guys ;)

plasma = 1 micromol per watt
HPS = 2 micromole per watt

Even with more effective full spectrum light you miss a lot of red (not even the far red) and the infrared (heat radiation). So for yield you need the hps (more efficient per watt) with the plasma (for quality light and better morphology).

Plants generally don't stretch more under plasma, but they grow more like outdoor plants: so longer internode distance, faster leaf development with a better leaf ration. It's just a bit different from what you expect indoors. Flowery Fields cuts their cutting days early under plasma (3-4 days) and that's a lot of extra production.

Steady she goes Sir :)