What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GastroGrower's Ganja Garden

justiceman

Veteran
I haven't been able to take the 6/9 formula above 2/3 strength. I'll usually do around 12 ml of the micro and 18 ml of the bloom to 3 gallons of RO water. Even then it's pushing it for a few of the strains I run. I feed pretty often on my drip systems though so that kind of makes sense.

Took a couple pics of the plants that are moving up in the queue from my veg tent.

Here is the GG#4xPB #4. Really loving the indica structure on this one. Nice healthy looking 7 fingered leaves on top. Hoping this turns out as a girl. If not I'll probably hold on to it for possible seed making. You can see the Gluebreath hybrid above it and the difference in strucure is pretty clear.

View Image View Image

And the Stardawg x PB seedlings. Burned em a bit on accident at first, but they're coming along nicely now.

View Image
That makes sense. I like lower feeds with higher frequency of irrigation as well. It's the way to go!

Hopefully that GG#4xPB #4 ends up being female. I can definitely see the difference between it and the GB hybrid.

These buds are finally dry and ready to start their curing process. The flavor and smell are there but I can tell the cure should bring them out quite a bit. I ended up pulling around 130 grams. I usually pay around $10/gram here in the rec shops so this is a huge help in reducing my cost of medication. That said, it looks like it works out to 0.25 grams/watt. Not exactly ideal.

I'll blame a lot of that on myself as I really did a poor job of growing this lady. I also think that while the LEDs I'm using in this tent are great in terms of upping resin production and producing a quality product, they just aren't doing much in terms of upping yield. I think the COBs I have rocking in tent #3 are going to end up pulling more weight per watt though so I'll have to make a final comparison once those plants get pulled.

View Image View Image View Image View Image

Final product is nice and frosty, but could be a little more dense.
The quality of those flowers look great. She may have not yielded as much as you hoped but better to have quality than quantity. I'm pretty sure those COBs will outperform the other LED's. They seem like the next level in LED grow lighting to me.

GastroGrower

Thanks Justiceman. I think it also is worth considering that it was a single plant in a 1 gallon pot. If I had a whole tent full of these girls I think I could get at least a 1/2 lb or more.

Here we are at day 41 of 12/12 in Tent #3.

picture.php

Some nice purple showing up on the Critical Kush
picture.php

picture.php

GBxPB #1a
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
I agree completely. I know I keep saying it but those COBS are really impressive. Great looking dense flowers. Not too much heat either I assume?

GastroGrower

Temps are perfect. Even with all the lights up all the way my canopy hangs around 70 - 75 degrees/50% humidity.

Tent #2 is looking decent right now. The lights make them look like they've got a lot of yellowing in the leaves but they're nice and dark green minus a few def issues. I'll be taking clones this week some time. Not able to tell sex yet.

picture.php

GastroGrower

Went ahead and topped the Pink Glue #4. The cutting I took looks good and I'm hoping it'll root quickly.

picture.php

Here's a quick shot of some plants I've got vegging. The two large plants are the Gluebreath mom's and then you've got the Critical Kush and SSSDH clones in small cups. I'll probably up pot them in a week or two.
picture.php

Dakine

Veteran
Are those dry shots of the Glue Breathe x Pink Bazooka #1 the exact same flwoers in the pictures of the GB x PB #1 plant flowering in the post above it?

OR are those totally different seed plants/clones? The Flwoers in the last picture of post 135# look so frosty for being so young.

Awesome stuff bro!

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I love coming into this thread. You are constantly killing it man! You ever want/need more seeds, you already know man.

GastroGrower

Are those dry shots of the Glue Breathe x Pink Bazooka #1 the exact same flwoers in the pictures of the GB x PB #1 plant flowering in the post above it?

OR are those totally different seed plants/clones? The Flwoers in the last picture of post 135# look so frosty for being so young.

Awesome stuff bro!

So all of the Gluebreath plants I have are from a single seed plant mom.

GBxPB #1 - seed plant I just harvested, that's whats dried up in the jars.
-#1a - clone taken from #1 - flowering in tent #3
-#1b - clone taken from #1 - flowering in tent #3
-#1c - clone taken from #1a - vegging out in tent #1 in a 2.5 gallon pot
-#1d - clone taken from #1b - vegging out in tent #1 in a 1 gallon pot
-#1e - clone taken from #1c - currently rooting
-#1f - clone taken from #1d - currently rooting

This strain has frosted up really early on both runs I've done so far. I think after one more run I'll be able to avoid the early yellowing I'm seeing in the fan leaves now. #1c is probably going to be my main mother plant moving forward.

I love coming into this thread. You are constantly killing it man! You ever want/need more seeds, you already know man.

Much appreciated man! I just hope I can manage to do them justice as I learn the ropes in growing.

GastroGrower

Beyond repair?

Beyond repair?

Checked on the Critical Kush #1 in tent #3 today and found a sad sight. :mad:

Looks like the watering line fell out of the pot and she was completely dry for at least 12 hours. Leaves are really showing the hit and I'm not sure she'll pull through the next few weeks. I still have another week at least until I can begin the flush. At least with these shots you can see the structure of the plant and flower development well.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

she's been watered but who knows what'll happen.

Dakine

Veteran
Oh she'll pull through easily bro! I've had way worst droughts and dehydrated looking plants lol.. You wouldve serioiusly thought some of my plants where dead and have been dead for A few days by looking at them.. But in the few hours after watering them, you could see A major difference, then A few hours after that. You could see them perking up lol.

GastroGrower

She's perked up a little today. Fan leaves are destroyed though so I don't know how that's gonna effect the nutrient burn off.

GastroGrower

She's coming back a little bit. Looking rough but I think it will make it through.

picture.php

Also took this morning to set up my little mother tent. I'm testing a small drip system to see if I can keep little rockwool clones in it. The size of the tent is 2'x2'x2'.

picture.php
picture.php

Dakine

Veteran
I always wanted one of those small tents. To keep seedlings and/or clones and mothers.. Does it seem big enough to hold the things id want to keep in there gastro?

Your plant looks fine, lokos like she rebounded back. The really badly hurt girls I had, lost alot of there fan leafs. But other then that everything was all good.

What do you think about using ice cold water to mimic the coming of winter during towards the end of flush? TnT brought that up in another thread but I havent found much info about it...

Copperfield

Checked on the Critical Kush #1 in tent #3 today and found a sad sight. :mad:

Looks like the watering line fell out of the pot and she was completely dry for at least 12 hours. Leaves are really showing the hit and I'm not sure she'll pull through the next few weeks. I still have another week at least until I can begin the flush. At least with these shots you can see the structure of the plant and flower development well.

View Image View Image View Image

she's been watered but who knows what'll happen.

I think your alright homie.... I think u caught it in time for sure.... good save r there.... any longer n u def woulda been shedding a tear... them plants are beautiful!!
Attaboy

GastroGrower

I think it's a pretty good space as long as you don't have any high intensity lighting, may get too hot for it. If you wanted to have some mother plants in there to veg out and take clones, you could probably do four 1-gallon pots and just do a lot of LST. I will probably use it to hold onto clones of strains I want to make sure I don't lose. You can pop a ton of little pots or solo cups in here.

And thanks Copper, I'm feeling better about the kush, it was just such a shocking site to wake up to.

GastroGrower

I took clones of all the Pink Bazooka hybrids in Tent #2 this morning and went ahead and set the timer to start 12/12 tonight. There are a couple that are definitely looking like they might lean male but we'll just have to see in the coming weeks.

Tent #2
picture.php

Pink Glues #1 and #2
picture.php

Karmdown x Pink Bazooka 5
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts