What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GastroGrower's Ganja Garden

justiceman

Veteran
Thanks guys! It's got some real stank to it. I had to postpone moving anything into Tent #3 and hang everything in there to dry because it was making my whole building smell like dank. I overheard my neighbor talking about how good it smelled through the door haha.

Should be dry in a week or so and then I'll get em all jarred up.
hahahaha if the neighbors are talking about it that means you have the FIRE!

Thought I'd share an update on the one Pink Glue I haven't put into flower. I really like it's structure. Some thrip damage but I'm doing a neem spray before lights out tonight and then introducing ladybugs tomorrow morning.

View Image View Image View Image

Dang thrips! ya the neem will get the job done, or spinosad too like doublytripleog said. Whichever one. Gotta bring her back from those bastards.

GastroGrower

Just ordered some spinosad to try and it should come in tomorrow. I've got some fungus gnats as well so it should get both of them taken care of.

GastroGrower

Final weights on the harvest from Tent #3

Lighting: 480 watts / 6 Vero 29 COBs
Space: 8 sq feet (4'x2')
Total Yield: 220 grams
Grams/watt: 0.46
Grams/SF: 27.5

Plant totals:
GBxPB #1a - 70 grams
GBxPB #1b - 80 grams
CK #1 - 70 grams

I was surprised at how low of a yield the Kush ended up being. These buds really lost a lot of size as they dried. Part of this is light coverage. I had both of the Gluebreath plants in a SCROG while the Kush was only topped once and allowed to grow naturally. If I had it in a SCROG as well I'm sure it would have produced more. I want to run it at least once more under these lights to see if this is the case. That said, they're really beautiful once they're trimmed up and dried. There's a nice magenta hue to the larger buds. Smells are still fruity/lavender.

The Gluebreath girls performed pretty well this round despite the issues they encountered along the way. They seem to be a little less dense than the ones run under the 'blurple' LEDs but still really frosty. If I can head off the yellowing in week 4 - 5 I think I can end up with a better product at harvest. I'm also considering adding in a bloom booster in small amounts near the end of flower next run. Could be interesting to see how she reacts to something other than just the 6/9.

Now that everything is out of this tent - time to start another round! Any suggestions or requests on what goes in? I've got a Mendocino purp clone and a SSSDH clone that'll be ready to transplant to a larger pot in another week or so. The haze may not be the best option though since it stretches so much. I could also move the Critical Kush #1 mom in and replace it with another clone. It's in a 1 gallon and ready to get topped. Same thing with the GBxPB mom. She needs to be topped anyway since she's stretching up to the top of our veg space.

GastroGrower

Excuse me sir, I can see your balls....

Excuse me sir, I can see your balls....

Finally was able to sex the Pink Bazooka hybrids in Tent #2 today.

Pink Glue #1 = male (culled)
Pink Glue #2 = female
Pink Glue #3 = male (short, tight internode, indica pheno)

Pink Karmdown #2 = female
Pink Karmdown #3 = male (culled)
Pink Karmdown #5 = male (culled)

I have a 16"x16"x4' tent that I'll be moving the male Pink Glue to for the rest of it's bloom cycle, I just need to fix up a light for it and get it all plugged in. Once it drops pollen I'll hit a few branches on everything in Tent #2 - primarily hoping for some F2s of the Pink Glue. This male pheno was selected for it's stature and expected yield. I grow indoors so I prefer more squat plants. Not a ton of stretch on this guy compared to the other hybrids so it's ideal for me. Plus it was a clear winner in terms of density of male preflowers, looks like it'll be able to produce plenty of pollen. Most importantly, it looked the happiest with my feeding schedule and seems to be the most adaptable of the male plants to changes in it's environment. I have clones of everything so I'll be holding onto at least one of the karmdown males.

Pre-cull
picture.php

Post-cull
picture.php

The three male plants that were culled. One Glue on the left and two Karmdowns on the right.
picture.php

GastroGrower

Here's some detailed shots of the Pink Glue #4. He's looking really healthy with nice green leaves.

picture.php

Couldn't quite get the focus to the balls, but you can kind of see them.
picture.php

Dakine

Veteran
That would be awesome if the male you chose to keep frost up during flower. Why didnt you want to keep any male karmdowns? Why not just throw that male in with the girls since your planning on using the pollen from him on them anyways??

Damn bro your growing each week lol. You gonna get another tent next week? Haha nothin but love bro

Dak

GastroGrower

I still want to get a good idea of how the girls are going to produce bud by themselves, so I'll just hit some lower branches. If I left it in the tent to open pollinate then I'd lose a lot of yield. Plus I don't want to have to super clean everything in this tent once the pollen gets loose.

justiceman

Veteran
excuse me sir...... lmao! what an amazing title on the finding of the males post gastrogrower. You have outdoneyourself!:laughing:

I want to see some dried flower shots soon here hell ya.

As for requests is the Mendocino purp clone and a SSSDH clone the only options? All your genetics are pretty kick ass. In fact what are all the options that you'd be willing to do? Might as well brainstorm it here right.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Very nice Gastro!

So that tent is only 2' wide by 4' tall? How many will you flower in there at one time. My 4 x 4 is a cram fest most of the time.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Looking good my man!! I can definitely see the Glue in that Pink Glue male. Same for the Karmdown x PB male of the far right. Same structure as the momma. Need a name for that Karmdown hybrid. Think of a good one man, I never sat down to come up with a name for it.

EDIT: I had a little battle with fungus gnats recently. I went hard in the paint with the BTI. I use mosquito bits(I think they work better than the dunks). Two of the jugs/bottles they sell for like $17. Gave some to EVERY plant I had growing. I then let the medium go a little drier than normal. It took 2-3 weeks, but I haven't seen a flier in over a week. Time to get another jug of mosquito bits though. Cause just when you think you have them beat and stop applying, the stragglers come back full force. I think one more jug will wipe them out completely .

GastroGrower

As for requests is the Mendocino purp clone and a SSSDH clone the only options? All your genetics are pretty kick ass. In fact what are all the options that you'd be willing to do? Might as well brainstorm it here right.

So I had leaned towards the Mendo Purp and the Haze cut because they're both confirmed females, but since I posted last I've been thinking I'll probably move the haze into tent #2 with the Pink Bazooka girls. What I could run:

Mendocino Purp - proven performance, my most substantial yielder

GBxPB - run #3, I'd like to try this once more to dial in a bit so this wouldn't hurt, but I've run it twice in a row and kind of want to try something new.

Critical Kush - run #2, if I do this I'll SCROG it like I mentioned

Stardawg (Corey cut) x Pink Bazooka - I have two seedlings that are ready to transplant to a larger pot, but they're regular seeds and I haven't been able to test em yet. Hesitant to put the veg time into these plants in the event they turn out male.

Skunk #1 - seedling right now, feminised

Cheese - seedling as well, feminised

GG#4 x Pink Bazooka (#4 pheno) - regular seed but ready to flip now.

Now for some seeds which aren't started, but I want to run eventually.

Confusion Breath (private breeder)
Jack's Cleaner 2 (TGA)
Maple Leaf Indica (Sensi)
Neville's haze (seedsman)

All good options but starting from seed would add a ton of time to this run.

Hey Bobbo, this tent has a 2'x4' foot print and is 5 foot tall. My other flower tent is 3'x'3 and 6 foot tall. the 3'x3' cramps up a lot less than the 2'x4'. I could probably get 4 or 5 1 gallon pots in there without it being too smooshed.

GastroGrower

Took a couple pictures of this recent harvest today.

Starting off with a shot of the full harvest and then the Critical Kush #1.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
Beautiful man just beautiful. :peacock:Those trichs look so good on the gluebreath hybrid. Not to downplay the critical kush at all, that stuff looks superb. I bet you are super happy with that quality! I can't wait to have a fresh harvest myself. It's been too long.

Man you have some good choices. I want to see some classics run like the Skunk #1 and Cheese. Love those strains. Whichever strains you end up choosing to run will be a good show regardless.

GastroGrower

Ok I've made a decision.

Going into tent #3:

First, the Gluebreath and the Critical Kush. They're both ready to start topping heavily/get trained into the screen and are already in 1 gallon pots. Plus I know them a little bit.

Next, in smaller 1/2 gallon pots I'll be doing the Purp, the Pink Glue #4, and two of the Stardawg hybrids. I'm thinking I'll call it Pink Dawg right now. Here is the #2 seed I just transplanted.

picture.php

GastroGrower

Slight change in plans - the Pink Glue #4 got moved into Tent #2 last night with one of my SSSDH clones. It's starting to look like it may be a boy :(. But i'll give it a few weeks of 12/12 to show it's dirty parts. The other two Pink Bazooka hybrids are both showing lots of pistils at this point.

Here's Tent #2 tonight - going counter clockwise starting from the top left we have the Critical Kush #2, Karmdown x Pink Bazooka #2, Pink Glue #2, SSSDH #1 and the Pink Glue #4.

picture.php

And then the female Pink Glue in Tent #2
picture.php

Here's a shot of the male Pink Glue in another tent
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts