What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GastroGrower's Ganja Garden

GastroGrower

Haha, yeah I just hadn't included one. Here's a couple shots of the Gluebreath this morning. Again, keep in mind this is one of the first plants I've run in coco and I fucked it a number of times. I think the second run of this pheno I have going on in tent #3 will produce a much higher quality product. I pulled one of the popcorn buds underneath the canopy and holy fuck, I've never grown anything this sticky. Definitely that glue showing through. A little foxtailing on the top buds but I'm pretty sure I caused that - not a genetic issue.

Sadly, while the bubble gum smell is still there, it seems to be overtaken by the Gluebreath in the last two weeks of flower. We'll see what she smells like once it dries.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

This is the closest thing I found to larf on the plant. Not as firm as the top buds but still nice and heavy.
picture.php

As far as the seedlings in the previous post, yeah they're all going to flower together. I will move them to 1 gallon pots once they go into Tent #2 and veg them for a week or two. Just long enough to get a few clones before I flip them. I don't want to put a ton of veg time into these since I don't know which ones are males. Should give me a good view of the phenos in this batch though.

justiceman

Veteran
:biggrin: hell ya man!!! That last picture is fire. That's going to be some fine smoke. It looks like it's covered in glue. Coco for the win!

GastroGrower

Thanks! Based on my schedule this week, I think I'll end up taking that plant down on Thursday.

Here are a few pics from Tent #3 today - day 29 of 12/12.

picture.php

Gluebreath x Pink Bazooka #1a
picture.php
picture.php

Critical Kush #1
picture.php
picture.php

GastroGrower

GBxPB Mom comes down this afternoon. I'll have pics tomorrow once I trim it all up.

Thought I'd give an update on the other Pink Bazooka strains.

Pink Glue #1
picture.php

Pink Glue #2
picture.php

Pink Glue #3
picture.php

GastroGrower

And the Karmdown #2 hybrids. These boys/girls are definitely more hungry than the GG#4 hybrids and I've had to up their PPM. I can tell there's gonna be some stretch in em.

KDxPB #2
picture.php

KDxPB #3
picture.php

KDxPB #5
picture.php

GastroGrower

I got the GBxPB #1 plant harvested and trimmed up last night. Very happy with the yield from this plant considering it's size and issues in development. I'll give a final weight of the yield once it dries completely.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
Nice pull buddy! That GBxPB #1 looks like it has a lot of flowers on it considering its size. Good flower to leaf ratio. I'm interested to hear the final weight.

Ya those little babes are hungry indeed. Little gluttons I tell you.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Those trimmed bud shot's remind me of how the Gluebreath grew a few times for me. Interested to see if she comes out the same in another run. The GB cam out different for me just about every time I ran it. It does look like a nice yield man. You definitely did those seeds justice.

GastroGrower

Yeah the second run I have in process right now is looking pretty different already. I've got it trained in a SCROG and it looks like it's going to develop buds that lean towards the cookie structure more than the Glue. There are a number of similarities in growth though, just hit the end of week 5 where she consistently increases water and nutrient uptake. PPM needs to be bumped up around the middle of week 4 with an increase in watering frequency to head off this change. It's really drastic compared to any other plants I've run. I think managing this transition seems to be the most important portion of the cycle for this strain in terms of setting it up to add mass.

GastroGrower

Pink Bazooka Pheno Search #2 Starts!

Pink Bazooka Pheno Search #2 Starts!

Today marks the official start of pheno hunt #2 for the Pink Bazooka hybrids I've been testing! I cleaned out Tent #2, moved all of the seedlings to 1 gallon fabric coco pots and moved them all into Tent #2 - so they're going from around 250 Watts to 600 Watts.

Pictured below from left to right:
Back row: Critical Kush #2
Middle row: Karmdown #2 x Pink Bazooka #5, #3 and #2
Front row: GG#4 x Pink Bazooka #3, #2, #1

picture.php

The damage on the kush is from some light burn earlier in veg and those leaves will get pulled soon. Some yellowing on they bottoms should clear up once I get feeding dialed in with these pot sizes.

I have a new pump and tubing coming in a few days that I'll be using for the new drip system in this tent. I need to get a separate set of timers for this pump since I'm currently sharing the timer on Tent #3 and it's not ideal.

GastroGrower

Here we are at day 35 of 12/12. Lots of happy little sugar leaves and budswell is starting to pick up with the Critical Kush. The GBxPB is stretching and stacking pretty much exactly the same this time as it did last time, so it seems to be a pretty consistent trait with this pheno, which makes it ideal for low, flat canopies.

I'm fighting some yellowing in the leaves on the Gluebreath hybrids. May be related to the PPM increase earlier.

Tent #3
picture.php

Critical Kush #1
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Gluebreath x Pinnk Bazooka #1
picture.php

GastroGrower

At first I was worried it wouldn't produce much bulk but the buds really ended up filling out that stretch better than I had expected.

GastroGrower

I haven't been able to take the 6/9 formula above 2/3 strength. I'll usually do around 12 ml of the micro and 18 ml of the bloom to 3 gallons of RO water. Even then it's pushing it for a few of the strains I run. I feed pretty often on my drip systems though so that kind of makes sense.

Took a couple pics of the plants that are moving up in the queue from my veg tent.

Here is the GG#4xPB #4. Really loving the indica structure on this one. Nice healthy looking 7 fingered leaves on top. Hoping this turns out as a girl. If not I'll probably hold on to it for possible seed making. You can see the Gluebreath hybrid above it and the difference in strucure is pretty clear.

picture.php
picture.php

And the Stardawg x PB seedlings. Burned em a bit on accident at first, but they're coming along nicely now.

picture.php

GastroGrower

Final dry weight - GBxPB #1

Final dry weight - GBxPB #1

These buds are finally dry and ready to start their curing process. The flavor and smell are there but I can tell the cure should bring them out quite a bit. I ended up pulling around 130 grams. I usually pay around $10/gram here in the rec shops so this is a huge help in reducing my cost of medication. That said, it looks like it works out to 0.25 grams/watt. Not exactly ideal.

I'll blame a lot of that on myself as I really did a poor job of growing this lady. I also think that while the LEDs I'm using in this tent are great in terms of upping resin production and producing a quality product, they just aren't doing much in terms of upping yield. I think the COBs I have rocking in tent #3 are going to end up pulling more weight per watt though so I'll have to make a final comparison once those plants get pulled.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Final product is nice and frosty, but could be a little more dense.

Latest posts

Latest posts