What's new

GastroGrower's Ganja Garden

GastroGrower

Checked on the #2 HashBar OG this morning and finally see pistils! Still nothing on #3.

I'll start topping #2 and shaping it up to flower out with the Confusion Breath probably.

GastroGrower

This bud got a little to close to the COB, haha. Crispy.

picture.php

GastroGrower

Well, when it rains, it pours. Gone for 5 days and of course a breaker ends up being tripped in my apartment building. When it was turned back on, several of the outlets were not reset correctly. In the veg tent, the fan and lights both were off for 4 days. All my mother plants started to flower out of course. They're back on now and I think they will be able to bounce back.

In Tent #2, same thing, no lights or exhaust for 4 days. It looks like they will make it, just looking kind of floppy and of course, no sunlight for almost a week is going to really impact my yield on them.

Tent #3 is a complete loss. In this case, the light did come back on, but not the exhaust fan or pump for the drip system. They sat under 400 watts with no water or exhaust for 4 days and burned to a crisp. Maybe the bottom 20% of the plants were 'OK' but not really worth continuing to run them the rest of their flowering period as the yield would be shit and quality not really worth it. Biggest issue is that because there was no fan running, there was a FUCK TON of moisture built up inside the tent. All over the walls and the light. When I turned the fan back on water started dripping out of it :(

This tent costs me about $75 - $100 per run so not the end of the world, but I was probably looking at around 300 grams at least on the harvest, so street value here in WA about $3,000 worth of medicine just gone. Plus I'm probably going to end up having to replace some electronics which just adds to that cost.

It's very frustrating to not have any assistance at all in this. I can handle all the work but these types of losses make me really doubt my ability. I think I have enough medicine left over from my last harvest that I can stretch until tent #2 is done, but only time will tell.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Well, when it rains, it pours. Gone for 5 days and of course a breaker ends up being tripped in my apartment building. When it was turned back on, several of the outlets were not reset correctly. In the veg tent, the fan and lights both were off for 4 days. All my mother plants started to flower out of course. They're back on now and I think they will be able to bounce back.

In Tent #2, same thing, no lights or exhaust for 4 days. It looks like they will make it, just looking kind of floppy and of course, no sunlight for almost a week is going to really impact my yield on them.

Tent #3 is a complete loss. In this case, the light did come back on, but not the exhaust fan or pump for the drip system. They sat under 400 watts with no water or exhaust for 4 days and burned to a crisp. Maybe the bottom 20% of the plants were 'OK' but not really worth continuing to run them the rest of their flowering period as the yield would be shit and quality not really worth it. Biggest issue is that because there was no fan running, there was a FUCK TON of moisture built up inside the tent. All over the walls and the light. When I turned the fan back on water started dripping out of it :(

This tent costs me about $75 - $100 per run so not the end of the world, but I was probably looking at around 300 grams at least on the harvest, so street value here in WA about $3,000 worth of medicine just gone. Plus I'm probably going to end up having to replace some electronics which just adds to that cost.

It's very frustrating to not have any assistance at all in this. I can handle all the work but these types of losses make me really doubt my ability. I think I have enough medicine left over from my last harvest that I can stretch until tent #2 is done, but only time will tell.

Sorry to hear of your loss homie, and you definitely have the ability.

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Sux to hear that dude. Hope you bounce back fast. Reading this makes me even more crazy about visiting the grow atleast once a day....I'm never gonna be able to go on vacation :shucks:

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Shitty news man. If you need anything, give me a shout. I still have a bunch of Pink Karmdown seeds, if something happens to your mothers.

GastroGrower

The Pink Breath had some issues this run and definitely did not bulk up as much as usual. Still looking nice and sticky though and the smell is killer right now. This is mid week 9 for this girl - gonna have to do some major cat hair removal lol.

picture.php
picture.php

GastroGrower

Harvested tent #2 a few days ago and got both flowering tents torn down. I'll be traveling for like 3 weeks before too long so I'm just going to leave the veg tent up and automated.

picture.php

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Do you notice tighter internode spacing with using an LED in veg ? The couple times I have used them, the plants grew slower than usual, but the node spacing was closer than with CFL's or T5/T8's.

GastroGrower

Yeah I think so. Tighter spacing but larger fan leaves. Everything in this tent was under CFLs for a good while so it should be interesting to see how they react being under this new spectrum.

GastroGrower

Jarred up my harvest from Tent #2 today.

Pink Breath: 30.82 grams
Mendo Purps: 47 grams
Pink Karmdowm: 110 grams

A lot of the purps was kind of larfy and I ended up setting it aside for concentrates which is why the number above wasn't very high. Impressed with the Karmdown hybrid for sure. All nice chunky buds too.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Almost a QP form the Pink Karmdown ! That's awesome man! I'm so happy you like them so much. You should try some of these other PInk Bazooka hybrids I have. Double Strawberry Diesel x PB, Akorn x PB, Electric Larry Land x PB(that one will be a yield monster) . Just some food for thought for ya buddy.

GastroGrower

Hi guy! :wave:
Sorry for the delay, Really a Great Job! sorry for you for the mold!

We read it :tiphat:

Thanks! Got lucky and only ended up with a few spots. Everything else came out just fine. A bit less yield than it could have been but looks nice and healthy otherwise.

GastroGrower

Almost a QP form the Pink Karmdown ! That's awesome man! I'm so happy you like them so much. You should try some of these other PInk Bazooka hybrids I have. Double Strawberry Diesel x PB, Akorn x PB, Electric Larry Land x PB(that one will be a yield monster) . Just some food for thought for ya buddy.

Send em my way broskie :smoker:

I have a package with those Pink Karmdown x Pink Glue seeds sitting addressed to you I just need to send out.

GastroGrower

Everyone's enjoying the bump in wattage for this veg tent. Leaves are starting to get a lot bigger and healthier looking.

picture.php

GastroGrower

Finally able to get back at it. Got the 4' x 2' tent set up and the light fixed. Moved in the plants I'm currently keeping as moms.

From the left to the right
Jack's Cleaner II
Confusion Breath
Pink Breath I
Pink Breath I
Pink Breath II
Pink Breath III
The little one is the HashBar OG III cut I cloned.
'
picture.php
'

The other plants are going to be flipped tomorrow most likely. Some of them are really scraggly because they've been neglected the past month or so but I'm not interested in waiting for them all to veg out a bunch again. I'll get some pictures of that tent later this week.

GastroGrower

Been a bit. Veg tent is overgrown. Here's a pic of it before I trimmed everyone up.

picture.php

It's day 10 in the 3' x 3' bloom tent. The #1 pheno of the HashBar OG is now a confirmed male and will get chucked today or tomorrow.

picture.php

The other two HashBar OG phenos, the Jack's Cleaner and the GG#4 bagseed are all female so only having to pull one plant out. Here's a shot of the tent with the GG#4 plant in front.

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts