What's new

GastroGrower's Ganja Garden

Bobbo4200

Veteran
I'm interested in the little Ebb & Flow design you came up with, are using. Can you take pics when you get back?

Thanks meng.

GastroGrower

I'm interested in the little Ebb & Flow design you came up with, are using. Can you take pics when you get back?

Thanks meng.

Absolutely - I understand the biggest issue with running coco in ebb and flow setups is keeping your PPM/CEC in line. My roommate sent me a few phone pics and it looks like everyone in that tray is doing ok - I filled the res with around 200 PPM so it has plenty of extra room to bounce around. If it ends up working I'll be keeping that as my main method for my veg tent. So much easier than hand watering twice a day.

GastroGrower

I see dtog tester is going great did u not like the Cunfusion breath?

Oh I'm loving the Cunfusion Breath! I just took a trip to the Midwest and back this past week and chiefed on the #4 pheno the whole time. I'm going to be making a video for the final comparison between the #2 and #4 phenos once I get a chance. Here's the breakdown of what I've found so far:

#1 - male
#2 - more dense buds with a beautiful purple hint that comes out along the edges of the sugar leaves.
#3 - male
#4 - lighter buds without any distinct color. Still very nice
#5 - seedling stage right now, will be vegged out and ready to flower out in a few weeks.

The smell and taste on the #2 and #4 pheno were very consistent. Really nice berry/hash profile. I can definitely taste the purps in it's lineage. Here's the youtube playlist for these testers: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEnG6a4KfkAtHSDsybZLtn_lZg4jm-5Se

I lost the clone I took of the #4 pheno, but I prefer the #2 anyway. I've got it vegging out and getting ready to be topped. I'll be running it a few more times to see what kind of color I can pull out of it.

GastroGrower

Thanks, yeah I hand water some but some are hooked up to hydro halo's and those are a bunch easier.

So the setup is really simple. I have a 3' x 3' tray under 600 Watts (450 W blurple LED/150 W CFL). Under that is a reservoir with 12 gallons of nutrient solution. A pump runs for about 2 minutes twice a day pushing solution up into the tray. It fills up to the bottom of the taller drain in the image below and then begins to overflow back into the res. Here's a couple shots:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

These small Mendo Purp clones seem to have done just fine while I was gone.
picture.php

The Pink Breath on the other hand looking a little haggard. Haven't had a chance to really look at her and identify all the deficiencies.
picture.php

GastroGrower

This male Pink Dawg is hella rootbound and probably looks the worst out of the plants. I think this is mostly just a result of it needing to be moved up.
picture.php

Pink Glue #2 doing just fine
picture.php

The Critical Kush was a bit toasty before it went in because it had been neglected. I'm going to get her cleaned up and probably topped a bit more, then throw her into a flower tent.
picture.php

Pink Karmdown isn't super healthy but has grown quite a bit in the past week.
picture.php

I had to walk my roommate through topping off both of my reservoirs while I was out of town and unfortunately they had to use tap water as there wasn't enough RO made. They all got a little dosed with chlorine so I'm sure that doesn't help. As far as the res status, I started at 6.0 and it was showing at 6.2 today. Not bad for being away over a week. PPM increased by about 50.

GastroGrower

I definitely prefer the hydro halos for when I'm blooming stuff out, as top feed seems to work best in my setup. But I've got lots of different size and shape pots in this veg tent and it's just easier to flood them.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Yeah guy, looks good. I started using the halo's then I found these blackhole hydro things which are basically a square version of a halo.

Have been interested in a flood & drain setup though.

Do you have much room with the rez under the plants like that?

Thanks.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
I run perpetual in two 4 x 4 tents so I don't really have the room for a flood & drain unless it was with a 2 x 2 tray that would prob only fit one or two plants...

GastroGrower

Yeah guy, looks good. I started using the halo's then I found these blackhole hydro things which are basically a square version of a halo.

Have been interested in a flood & drain setup though.

Do you have much room with the rez under the plants like that?

Thanks.

Yeah - since I'm just using this to veg plants out, height isn't a huge issue. I kind of like being forced to keep plants low though as it keeps me in line for flowering later on. The nice thing about this setup is I can just switch out the ebb and flow attachment for a 9 output manifold and switch over to a drip system really easy.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Yeah - since I'm just using this to veg plants out, height isn't a huge issue. I kind of like being forced to keep plants low though as it keeps me in line for flowering later on. The nice thing about this setup is I can just switch out the ebb and flow attachment for a 9 output manifold and switch over to a drip system really easy.

Sweet.

Yeah I kind of would like to work one someday, I need more room though.

GastroGrower

I bumped the PPM in my flood system up to 2/3 strength and they are much happier in tent #2. The extra wattage is really vegging em out well.

I've got 6 Mendo Purp clones that are the same size and about ready to be moved up to 2 gallon pots. They'll replace everything in tent #3 once that run finishes in 6 weeks and will probably be ready to flip right away.

GastroGrower

A couple pics. This is about an hour after lights out so everyone is a bit droopy.

Here's the 6 Purp getting ready for next round
picture.php

A single Mendo Purp and the #2 Pink Karmdown in 4 gallon pots. This is the largest pot size I've done with coco and I think they'll get pretty big after 6 weeks of veg once they're ready to flip.
picture.php
picture.php

The whole veg tent. Everything yellow in there was a result of the first week in this setup. I'm thinking about doing a foliar feed to see if that helps shape things up a bit.
picture.php

GastroGrower

Got footage today for week 5 - here's the Youtube update. My friend brought their camera over for some fun multi camera shots of the opening bong hit. I resolved the issue associated with the dry pots, but still getting some yellowing, so I'll be increasing their feed PPM to see how they react.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NBprIEY1OM

GastroGrower

Week six - still going on strong. Everyone has bounced back from the issues they encountered in week 4 and minus a few spots here and there, all the leaves have greened back up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wTVJvSq680

The test clone of the Pink Dawg #2 finished drying yesterday so it's just started it's curing process. I'm not blown away with the smell on it now so hopefully something will come out in the curing processes.

GastroGrower

We're back to hand watering in Tent #2 and the 4 Gallon pots are much happier. The Pink Karmdown is getting it's color back and all the new growth is nice and perky. Some yellow leaves on the bottom half from earlier but I'll snip those off today or tomorrow.

Mendo Purp
picture.php

Pink Karmdown
picture.php

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I went looking thru your albums....God damn son!! You document just as well, if not better than I do, lol. So far out of all the pink hybrids you've run, I think the Pink Karmdown looks the best. But in all fairness, I haven't seen the finished close-up shot's of the Pink Dawg.

GastroGrower

Yeah I'm really excited to run the Karmdown again. I just tried out the Pink Dawg #2 I harvested last week or so and it has that same artificial cleaning solution smell the Pink Glue has. I'm curious if the #3 Dawg pheno is that way or not. The Gluebreath is definitely the most flavorful of the four but it doesn't bulk up like the Karmdown.