What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

G13... Legends, Theories, and Facts

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
View attachment 18932071
View attachment 18932072
View attachment 18932073
View attachment 18932074
The project began in 1968 with Dr. Coy Waller

Is the University of Mississippi the only legal marijuana grower in the U.S.?​

Answer:​

Under the 1961 international Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs and the 1970 Controlled Substances Act, the federal government is the single “agent” allowed to provide marijuana for research. For many years the DEA only authorized one grower, the University of Mississippi, which grows marijuana under contract with the National Institute on Drug Abuse. As part of this contract, UM holds a DEA Schedule-I Bulk Manufacturer registration to cultivate plants for this purpose.

@GoatCheese it was bland iirc been 20+ years not a recreational sativa high
this indica strain is sedating enough to control epilepsy...nap and munches,
who is in Canada ?
There's one way to test those s1 beans...

Hopefully someone will elaborate on the (Lot 13) part ?

View attachment 18932087
View attachment 18932088
:thinking:
View attachment 18932089
Where are our Canadian Friends ?
Purchased 3 packs and it was all BUNK.
4d4725f8f5378bdb0a2b7863abcee9ebd9c8ea49.jpeg.jpg
87b96743daa6e4e5f457ad93b2d3a2e780781d52.jpeg.jpg

Other people have reported the same thing.

G13 (the original cut) is over-rated, it wasn't a knockout smoke how everyone thinks it is, it's mids at best.

Last edited:

acespicoli

1968​

– First experimental plot of marijuana was grown at the UM site, using seeds from Mexico, Panama, Southeast Asia, Korea, India, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan and Lebanon.

1969​

– A secured garden was constructed for the first substantial crop grown at the UM site. An additional plot was planted in southern Mississippi on UM forest lands.

@RoyalFlush it does not look like id hope it would
resin and structure
is what its supposed to pass in breeding...
I dont see the resin ... glad you posted that :huggg:

How about the terpene smell taste bland or anything noteworthy ?

Last edited:

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Your bottom picture looks great, very g13 type.....I cant tell from your pictures but the g13 had some really bright green colour too...but that plant looks good.....if you can put a update of how you got on with one please canna T that would be great...thanks.

View attachment 18932027

Here is thread with many phenos of G13hp
I smoked them all, now have few in flower again will post pictures when got time.
What I concluded with them that its the same linage or very close to Sensi Star by Paradise by look and traits plants reminds Chemdawgs but something is missing to be 100% chemdawg...High is strong and most Sativa phenos are lemony just like in Sensi Star and there are also very candy phenos that reminds me on cut that buds were sold in Germany before 15 years by name "Haribo".
Those are real stoners blackout phenos after few joints you go to sleep and dont remeber when.
Will post picture of that and other phenos maybe at weekend.
And there are some piney dirty garbage motoroil phenos.

Overall very good strain and lineage by Sensi is uncahnged and original.
I gived some phenos to one old man,he said that its the same as it was...

Last edited:

PetePrice

Who told you they used the butter scotch hybrid...not sure were you got that from....nevil did get a g13 Hawaiian in Australia and it was clearly labeled as that so not sure were you got the con story from, its not the butterscotch Hawaiian, ....the butterscotch hybrid didnt even use the g13 clone....there were some s1 g13 sent to nevil too....where did you get your info from....there are probably pictures on this site of the g13 Hawaiian used....its defo not the butter scotch one.....did you try the ones made in Australia....and have you grown out the butterscotch one....the guy who the actual clone came from back in the 80s was still around a few years back too....do you know him....and the g13 was given to ortega and DD was given the same cut.....you can probably still find DD's pictures of his grows of it on the forums...might want to go look at how it grew..he was still growing it around 2006-2008 as far I can remember.....you got pictures of the butterscotch g13 and the one nevil was using to prove your story and accusations of conning....its easy to make accusations, but plenty people still around who seen what nevil was using....im sure if needs be some seed are still around of what nevil was using....the s1 is probably put down too.
Oh by the way ndn guy had nevil 88 g13 hashplant....from nevils seeds....I bet he dont even know who the guy was nevil got it from....and he has never claimed to have the pure g13 clone....not sure were half of this info comes from....the guy who linked nevil up with the guy in the 80s when he got it is still around too.
Hahaha how did dogless fix it or clean it up when he was locked up? Kanga admitted they used a hyb not the real deal G13... If they had it where is it now? And why did Nev then use Airborne G13 seeds if he had the clone back?

Oh maybe you missed the fallout of Nev's adventures with the Aussie lads that's what the con ref is too..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231213-102837.png
    Screenshot_20231213-102837.png
    456.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

TheDarkStorm

Hahaha how did dogless fix it or clean it up when he was locked up? Kanga admitted they used a hyb not the real deal G13... If they had it where is it now? And why did Nev then use Airborne G13 seeds if he had the clone back?

Oh maybe you missed the fallout of Nev's adventures with the Aussie lads that's what the con ref is too..
Dude you might want to re-read the quote you put up.... Nevil mentions the greenthumb one looks like the real deal.....it also mentions the were planning to check out they airborne...along with the g13hawiian..(hawiian indica x g13 not g13 hashplant x butterscotch).and the g13 s1.... so weres the mention of the g13hashplant x butter scotch Hawaiian.....DD's g13 is documented on the forums from before the butterscotch one was ever made...and it was yeilding massive..how do you know it wasnt cleaned up or selfed before jim got locked up...and DD was the one keeping a cut of it while he was in jail...so weres the con...do you know what the ins and outs were between nevil and the Aussie lads you refer to....or why they had a falling out....you probably dont.....
As about were are all the plants now....nevil got rid of everything....the plant left is the nh#21 clone.....but massive amounts of seed were made and put down for future breeders wich was the plan from the beginning but people didnt understand that....the g13 Hawaiian seed is still around as is the g13 s1 seed, kangas oaxacan and others are stored....different lines of the mullum are stored....numbers of f2 nevils haze each using different parents are stored...the thais are stored....colmbians, super5.....different versions of the outback haze are stored.. along with many many others......the whole point at the beginning was to put future breeders in a similar position to what he was at the castle with as good or even better breeding stock...people didnt understand that so rained on it....

Last edited:

PetePrice

Dude you might want to re-read the quote you put up.... Nevil mentions the greenthumb one looks like the real deal.....it also mentions the were planning to check out they airborne...along with the g13hawiian..(hawiian indica x g13 not g13 hashplant x butterscotch).and the g13 s1.... so weres the mention of the g13hashplant x butter scotch Hawaiian.....DD's g13 is documented on the forums from before the butterscotch one was ever made...and it was yeilding massive..how do you know it wasnt cleaned up or selfed before jim got locked up...and DD was the one keeping a cut of it while he was in jail...so weres the con...do you know what the ins and outs were between nevil and the Aussie lads you refer to....or why they had a falling out....you probably dont.....
Kang admitted they had no pure G13, the story went all over the show... Haha it looks the real deal but not like what he had because his was a low yielder so how could he compare? Just off pics? And where the plants look completely different?
Anyway we clearly are not going to agree here, but I don't believe the stories.

Last edited:

TheDarkStorm

View attachment 18932071
View attachment 18932072
View attachment 18932073
View attachment 18932074
The project began in 1968 with Dr. Coy Waller

Is the University of Mississippi the only legal marijuana grower in the U.S.?​

Answer:​

Under the 1961 international Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs and the 1970 Controlled Substances Act, the federal government is the single “agent” allowed to provide marijuana for research. For many years the DEA only authorized one grower, the University of Mississippi, which grows marijuana under contract with the National Institute on Drug Abuse. As part of this contract, UM holds a DEA Schedule-I Bulk Manufacturer registration to cultivate plants for this purpose.

@GoatCheese it was bland iirc been 20+ years not a recreational sativa high
this indica strain is sedating enough to control epilepsy...nap and munches,
who is in Canada ?
There's one way to test those s1 beans...

Hopefully someone will elaborate on the (Lot 13) part ?

View attachment 18932087
View attachment 18932088
:thinking:
View attachment 18932089
G13 didn't come from the uni.....it came from a guy working at a government agricultural facility....

TheDarkStorm

Purchased 3 packs and it was all BUNK.
View attachment 18932092 View attachment 18932093
Other people have reported the same thing.

G13 (the original cut) is over-rated, it wasn't a knockout smoke how everyone thinks it is, it's mids at best.
Hey royal flush....hope your doing well ....good to see you around....did you get the greenthumb one.....loads of people reported the same thing...not good at all....the actual clone was probably what they call a sport pheno or one off....mind you the one shanti baba has comes from the same guy nevil originally got it from....but shantis is supposed to be a direct sister (debatable agreed but the reports coming from the hybrids its used in are spot on.)....I dont think the s1 route is the best to go around trying to capture what it was a similar thing happens with the 89 cheese clone wen selfed most come out rubbish....the g13 clone was defo potent in the f1 hybrids...the g13 hz f1 was fire as wer the g13sk was proper fire....not sure what exact sk#1 clone nevil was using as the father but it meshed extremely well and was very unique in f1 form.... it put out some really good stuff with certain sativas....when done right the taste was very unique and it would hit you hard....its ashame not alot of the g13 sativa f1 clones survive......if any cross my way il remember to get you to have a look....a good good g13 x sativa cut probably could be used very well put to another good indica....have you tried the other g13 clones (g13hybrids)...'did you keep any cutts from the g13 seeds....I might have something you can try if you still got one before giving up on it completely.

mexweed

Veteran
So what's the deal with Bodhi's 88g13/hp male, like did he have a pack of seeds and selected it or was it already a famous breeding cut he obtained?

I'm running some the chem D cross and it's a bit finicky tends to look over watered even if it's super dry before the watering, doesn't look like it's going to be a big yielder but it's also the first round with her, roots very nicely

mexweed

Veteran
So it seems it is a male that he developed, couldn't find anything on how many generations he inbred for, but came across something saying he inbred towards the g13 expressions

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
So it seems it is a male that he developed, couldn't find anything on how many generations he inbred for, but came across something saying he inbred towards the g13 expressions
This is what I mean about shit just being made up.
Nothing about any of that is or can be correct.

goingrey

Here's an old thread about the G13 x Butterscotch Hawaiian where @ndnguy says it was "made with and old G13/Hp 1987-88 crossed to swampys Butterscotch Hawiian he got from reef".

mexweed

Veteran
There are pages upon pages to dig through on other forums, and a lot of it has been talked about on podcasts

Bodhi got some seeds from NDNguy and worked them towards g13 phenos, then selected a male for his now pretty famous crosses, what's unbelievable about that? NDN got them from Swampy who it seems is now deceased

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
Here's an old thread about the G13 x Butterscotch Hawaiian where @ndnguy says it was "made with and old G13/Hp 1987-88 crossed to swampys Butterscotch Hawiian he got from reef".

There are pages upon pages to dig through on other forums, and a lot of it has been talked about on podcasts

Bodhi got some seeds from NDNguy and worked them towards g13 phenos, then selected a male for his now pretty famous crosses, what's unbelievable about that? NDN got them from Swampy who it seems is now deceased
Ndn is deceased as far as I know.
I also know what was told to me privately multiple times in 06 when he gave me his last ten f1 seeds.
Lots of people have made a lot of seeds with the result of that.
The bohdi thing is.........kind of a joke imo.
I do know they weren't ever given with with the ok for sales in the beginning.
That's the reason I got involved then and partly why I have so many trust issues now.
😆
In the end I don't think it matters much beyond the quality of the plants.

Rgd

Veteran
1.that g13 grew beautiful giant plants
the buzz was decent..for something with colas the size of a football

2.NDN’s g13 hp was nice smelling decent tasty weed with a nice high
it reminds me more of todays weed..which I seldom smoke

3.Ghaze--[wld pheno ] had a type of strange high potent ..tasted like cardboard ..not happy plant

4. Reefermans .75 g13..decent buzz ..normal size colas

best hope?

5.one pheno of Pacifics G13 BW almost made me hurl

colas like a baseball bat varied pheno's

it was Pacific's g13..crossed to White Widow

almost puked..dunno which one did it..

Last edited:

mexweed

Veteran
Hmm, but would Bodhi working it to his own ibl and then making crosses with it count as sales? Or is it more likely he took a male from his first run of the seeds and just pollen chucked? There was also stuff saying NDNguy had already done some ibl stabilization to the line, which would bring into question what exactly Bodhi did to work it further, but there could still be a pheno that was a bit more potent or g13 leaning, even c99 spit out pineapple phenos and grapefruit phenos after all of its inbreeding

On the chem D cross I'm running there are reddish stems on the more mature plants put into flower but nothing on the younger cuts, which I'm guessing might translate to that deep marooning during late flower/flush

It is finicky, it keeps almost looking like something is off with it but then keeps growing good and isn't actually affected by anything

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts