What's new

G13... Legends, Theories, and Facts

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Hey royal flush....hope your doing well ....good to see you around....did you get the greenthumb one.....loads of people reported the same thing...not good at all....the actual clone was probably what they call a sport pheno or one off....mind you the one shanti baba has comes from the same guy nevil originally got it from....but shantis is supposed to be a direct sister (debatable agreed but the reports coming from the hybrids its used in are spot on.)....I dont think the s1 route is the best to go around trying to capture what it was a similar thing happens with the 89 cheese clone wen selfed most come out rubbish....the g13 clone was defo potent in the f1 hybrids...the g13 hz f1 was fire as wer the g13sk was proper fire....not sure what exact sk#1 clone nevil was using as the father but it meshed extremely well and was very unique in f1 form.... it put out some really good stuff with certain sativas....when done right the taste was very unique and it would hit you hard....its ashame not alot of the g13 sativa f1 clones survive......if any cross my way il remember to get you to have a look....a good good g13 x sativa cut probably could be used very well put to another good indica....have you tried the other g13 clones (g13hybrids)...'did you keep any cutts from the g13 seeds....I might have something you can try if you still got one before giving up on it completely.
Hi Dark, Yes it came from DGT... His G-Turd-teen was very bland in both taste and smell, smoke was ok but nothing like the over hyped description people believe in. D (aka DJ9) told me the original G13 was more of a "dry and crisp cleaner buzz" than a heavy HP high... his description is somewhat similar to what I got off of doc's Turd-teen. I believe G13 is a better indica candidate for breeding with Sativa types.

Last edited:

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
Here's a picture of Nevil's G13
Screenshot_20231212_211930_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Hi Dark, Yes it came from DGT... His G-Turd-teen was very bland in both taste and smell, smoke was ok but nothing like the over hyped description people believe in. D (aka DJ9) told me the original G13 was more of a "dry and crisp cleaner buzz" than a heavy HP high... his description is somewhat similar to what I got off of doc's Turd-teen. I believe G13 is a better indica candidate for breeding with Sativa types.
"One of the fastest-flowering indoor hybrids that we have yet produced. It has the marvellous potency and quick finish of Hash Plant, plus vigor and yield. In our lest test, all seedlings finished in less than 50 days of flowering, producing beautifully solid, heavy buds. Clones from the seedlings rooted very easily and should flower even more quickly. Powerful all-Indica high, but not brutal. This hybrid has perhaps the best balance of speed, yield and quality, destined for commercial success!"

Description of G13hp from Nevile at 1st relise of seeds.
Only Hashplant phenos are brutal others are just as you said good breeding candidates with Hazes and Sativas. ✌️

acespicoli

G13, we know it is a pure Indica whose genetics have been incorporated far and wide, but where does it originate. Was it really rescued from a U.S. Government Research Laboratory? That only tells us how it got loose. The missing puzzle piece has always been from which genepool did it arise? No other variety is as shrouded in mystery as G13.

Any Stories, Theories, or "Facts" about this infamous strain belong here.

These pictures are from the 1989 Seed Bank Catalog, and contain descriptions from Neville:

Ancestors / Parents / Genealogy
G-13 »»» Indica
Indica G-13 Hybrids / Crossings Selections / Direct Descendents

Airborne G13 » G-13
Airborne S1
G13 » G-13 S1
G13 » G-13
G13 » G-13 x G-13 reversed

Some points to make about seedfinder,
(as a user you can submit info about)
Lineage
Links to forum statements
Photos

G13 afghan pain med from a gov facility
This strain was produced to fill prescriptions
Orig used to control seizures
Given to a few cannabis legendy growers breeders
---
Now could we discuss HP seperately?
What went into HP ?
Is its origin BOEL ?
Is the seed bank of holland and sensi version a hybrid ?

Last edited:

acespicoli

1702864885773.png

1702864949338.png
1702864920308.png

Northwest USA is a little vauge...
1702865015447.png

Ace Hashplant
1702865076095.png

Starbud
1702865124214.png

Starbud
1702865171622.png

Theres a old article will try to find it again when I have to to google deep, it goes like this,.. a boel member and connoisseur are talking and the connoisseur says its a hash plant? and the boel guy say no its not a hash plant its thee hashplant ! ... anyway

if you take a ride in the way back time machine

USA - Indica Hybrids / Crossings​

Selections / Direct Descendents​

1702865655619.png

bullrider
1702865687384.png

Motherland_Genetics_-_Afghanistan_Kush
1702865758096.png

Id really hope that some hightimes readers and some BOEL history guys find this HP stuff
With all the hash BOEL imported and Terrance Mckenna, and Richard Evans Schultes
...no one knows where "thee hashplant" seeds came from ? :thinking:
70s there were plenty of leb pak afghan heirloom strains coming in the USA

Anyone running any good hashplants ? Heirloom stuff ?
Wish I would have tried that Ace release, they have some hybrids but I wont be happy until I try
THEE HASHPLANT ;) the golden one! The BC bud has that old school golden bud color going for it!

Last edited:

acespicoli

1702867357290.png

Nevil gave these to Shanti and Howard iirc think it was said on the forum?
Then there is the nl...1-11
1702867893706.png
1702867820849.png

Between 1975 and 1978, twenty-four loads totalling 25 tonnes (55,000 pounds) of marijuana and hashish had been successfully imported through John F. Kennedy Airport, New York. They had involved the Mafia, the yakuza, the Brotherhood of Eternal Love, the Thai army, the Palestine Liberation Organization, the Pakistani Armed Forces, Nepalese monks, and other individuals from all walks of life. The total profit made by all concerned was $48,000,000.
They'd had a good run.
— Marks concluding the JFK episode of drug trafficking in his Mr Nice autobiography;
1702868783754.png

Last edited:

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club

View attachment 18934392

View attachment 18934394 View attachment 18934393
View attachment 18934395
Ace Hashplant
View attachment 18934396
Starbud
View attachment 18934397
Starbud
View attachment 18934398

Theres a old article will try to find it again when I have to to google deep, it goes like this,.. a boel member and connoisseur are talking and the connoisseur says its a hash plant? and the boel guy say no its not a hash plant its thee hashplant ! ... anyway

View attachment 18934400
bullrider
View attachment 18934401
View attachment 18934402
Id really hope that some hightimes readers and some BOEL history guys find this HP stuff
With all the hash BOEL imported and Terrance Mckenna, and Richard Evans Schultes

Wish I would have tried that Ace release, they have some hybrids but I wont be happy until I try
THEE HASHPLANT ;) the golden one! The BC bud has that old school golden bud color going for it!
Midwest is not the same as the PNW.

The PNW Hashplant came from Oregon and it has nothing to do with BOEL.

Not everything is BOEL.

acespicoli

It's possible the afghani stuff boel was working with in Hawaii was imported and became known as a hashplant
I think a interesting fact is the photo above that "hashplant" although a regularly used term...as seen in the txt g13 and hashplant are registered tradenames of Mr.Nice ??

I know that its documented that lumbo seeds from boel were planted in HI, also duckfoot is said to be a aussie HI native indica...type

Take that with a grain of salt...
Also duckfoot and NL share some common leaf morph...

Interesting and to keep the thread on track..
Why is the name g13 a registered trademark ?
To which company did the tradename belong?

PetePrice

View attachment 18934392

View attachment 18934394 View attachment 18934393
View attachment 18934395
Ace Hashplant
View attachment 18934396
Starbud
View attachment 18934397
Starbud
View attachment 18934398

View attachment 18934400
bullrider
View attachment 18934401
View attachment 18934402

Amstel gold is now passion #1 sold by DP, the Pez was around but not many kept it in the UK as far as I'm aware...

mexweed

Veteran
I tried looking up more on the butterscotch Hawaiian, which I think was a Reeferman strain, couldn't find much except other seed companies trying to lay claim to it as their creation, it's interesting that the golden color is mentioned because I came across something saying pot of gold is apparently 90% indica via the nl2

acespicoli

Did Sandy Weinstein work at the AG station with Dr. Carlton Turner, and the g13 before Mr. Nice got it?

1702980620701.png

Strain: Mr. Nice G13 X Hash Plant
Breeder: Sensi Seeds
Photo made at: Flowering; Day No.60
Upload date: 09.01.2011
Picture from: juanliethoni

According to the Mississippi Clarion-Ledger, Ole Miss will begin offering the program in late 2024.
Earn your masters degree online !

Last edited: