What's new

Big Sur Holy Weed

YouLookAdopted

Anyone know a legit source for seeds? Is RM's going to be what it says it is? How to go about procuring Kagyu's Coastal or Bodhi's...I don't think they ever got released? It is one part of my genetic library that I just have to fill. I am in a non friendly place and don't really move in the correct circles, so it's always a pain to get hold of stuff. If anyone can help out, I would love you long time.

I don't think bodhis is available anymore it was a limited release, I got a pack and nothing special came out of it. I dont know how legit reefer man's is, something tells me the strain that made the legend is long gone and all that's left are crosses or subpar phenos from f2s and f3s and beyond, the ones i grew were mostly indica and it's supposed to be an almost pure sativa so I dunno. Looks shitty but has an amazing high.

Th seeds sage is a hybrid of it, might have some kinda luck there. I used to be on the hunt for it too but gave up after none of the stuff i got impressed me.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I have a pack of Chimera's Trip x Blueberry in the fridge, Trip is supposedly a BSHW cut. I grew some a few years ago, it was very potent and unique.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
I dont think BSHW was everentioned as a pure Sativa. It has some pure sativas in it lineage but it is a hybrid.
There are a couple indica phenos to be found, as well as sativa phenos.

Bodhi's has some gems to be found, but he does say it is different than RF's and DanBo's lines.
If you cant find Bodhi's BSHB you can find crosses he made with it

eastcoastjoe

I have a good friend who says the reeferman stock are the same as old danbo stock and the reef site is legit. ill let u know soon about coastal's BSHW, hopefully it turns out just like the pictures i have saw of it.

Anyone know a legit source for seeds? Is RM's going to be what it says it is? How to go about procuring Kagyu's Coastal or Bodhi's...I don't think they ever got released? It is one part of my genetic library that I just have to fill. I am in a non friendly place and don't really move in the correct circles, so it's always a pain to get hold of stuff. If anyone can help out, I would love you long time.

Last edited:

jim dankness

Old mother sativa was the bomb

Glad I'm not the only one that remembers! I keep vainly hoping it will magically reappear some day... I must have bought pounds of it, one 1/8th at a time, from that little club in Berkeley over the years. It remains some of the best sativa smoke I've ever had, and am still kicking myself for not keeping the unique plants I got from a couple of bagseeds of it...

Seems worth mentioning: I sampled some Coastal Seeds 'Holy Headband' this summer that reminded me quite a bit of those older sativa types in its effect, flavor and aroma.

YouLookAdopted

Thanks all. Sorry for late response. I really want Coastal's but no idea how to go about getting hold of seeds. I see Kagyu around a few sites...maybe i'll ask.

Failing that, RM's it is. Hopefully it is legit.

SurfdOut - what other crosses have they done apart from headband?

Charles-scott

Veteran
All I can say about my BSHW and its history is that I purchased it from Danbo and carried the history foreword to my customers , I never had a huge number of seeds and Danbo told me that the seeds he sold me were the last of there kind and asked that I save them he was heading to prison , I also got some other seeds from him that were not to great .
The seeds I am selling are directly bred from the seeds sold me from Danbo .
We went through a fair bit of effort to carefully select a great Mother for hybrids and future selection only after open pollination of what we had .
Its my guess that the strain is 70% Sativa
The photo's are the Mother that carries the last generation of seeds .

Attachments

• Bigsir.jpg
    Bigsir.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 89
  • BigsirHW.jpg
    BigsirHW.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 102

Charles-scott

Veteran
The flowers look like a very different structure the leaf structure looks accurate could that be a kush hybrid ? or is that Pure BSHW ? I'm pretty sure Bohdi seeds came from my line ? I have grown the plant for many years those "crown" kush types tops are not something I have witnessed . They look great ! can you tell us about the nose and flavor does the flavor carry through if you relight the joint ?
BSHW tastes and smells like weed lol sage and
Marijuana slight current / dry blackberry when growing its hurby in the bag some say its grassy , I find it smells like a smudge stick that combines sweet grass and sage its old school weed in every way that has been my experience with BSHW that I received from Danbo
CS
fwiw..

here's some of bodhi's Big Sur Holly Weed.... done by CBF & I :friends:

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Here is a pic from ******** this line was gifted him from NDguy and his line came from our line this again was outdoor grown notice the thin stocks and the elongated tips on the flowers even sage had this trait

Attachments

• BSOD.jpg
    BSOD.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
S

stix~

This BSHW plant is from last years seed crop, 1 of 8 females grown out. Plant is outta Bodhis seed work. The seed he gifted were from his more indica Dom selections.

There is no kush in the work to the best of my knowledge, seems to me the plant exhibits the Ghani side of the original cross.

Afghans do look like kushes, as do many other plants.

:tiphat:

Charles-scott

Veteran
How did it taste ? I am curious ? was it a thick smoke ? smooth ? I agree I am not questioning the authenticity of Bodis work at all who knows if he open pollinated and line bred , I open pollinated and selected the plant that best represented what we felt was the best overall expression I am a sativa freak thus the reason I paid a huge amount of $ to get the line in my hands .
C

Cannavore

Veteran
How did it taste ? I am curious ? was it a thick smoke ? smooth ? I agree I am not questioning the authenticity of Bodis work at all who knows if he open pollinated and line bred , I open pollinated and selected the plant that best represented what we felt was the best overall expression I am a sativa freak thus the reason I paid a huge amount of $ to get the line in my hands .
C

Bodhi's Description:

Big Sur Holy Bud these were a special gift to a well connected friend from an old grower in big sur, she gave them to me because she knew that i loved seeds, and would do them right. can i 100% verify this is the original undiluted or unhybridized big sur holy weed line from perry the monk, no can do, but what i can say is this is unique, oldschool, mind ablaze green fire time capsule weed from the big sur mountains. everybody that has tried this line has fallin in love with it. the plants do great indoors and out and can get quite big. it has genetically purple phenos, pink pistilled phenos, a less common sativa pheno, and loads of hybrid phenos, smells range from soggy bread to blueberry menthol, it seems to be a afghani mexican hybrid masterfully bred towards the sativa high and the indica frame. the true magic of this strain is the amazing sublime sativa high, a beautiful blast from the past this seed run was an open pollination of 4 males and 6 females, not alot, but enough to get the job done... a small population open pollination in a tent means your going to mostly the beans made from the first two males that opened.... the super quick sativa pheno male... and the fat indica dom male... this line is called big sur holy bud to differentiate it from the big sur holy weed lines by hhf, danbo, and reeferman. everybody that has tried this line has fallin in love with it. im really happy to gift this back to the community. very limited, only 30 packs, then its up to you to make more!

S

stix~

C

^ thats the bshw bud .. with a f1 seed in it .. outcrossed to pbud & call it purple holly weed... :biggrin:

fwiw..
the bshw had a real unique smell , however it did not translated into the smoke ... it was spot on green melons , with a really soft smoke and high...

..good vibes!!