What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

G&M Herijuana x Blueberry/Chem Dawg SR x Nanda Devi

oldfogey8

Put the SF LED in. Fanless LED’s are quiet. Go figure. Pots felt light so I opened the valves on the ‘carrots’ a bit.

The different LED spectrums make it look like I have a filter on the pics.

IMG_2532.jpeg

The plants are where they are going to be from here to harvest because of the plumbing on the watering system.

I am happy the Dawg-Devi plants look to be filling in.
IMG_2533.jpeg

The ‘stretchy’ Heri-Berry I think will do better.

IMG_2535.jpeg

The dense-as-a-shrubbery Heri-Berry needs more plucking.

IMG_2534.jpeg

IMG_2536.jpeg

IMG_2537.jpeg

IMG_2538.jpeg

oldfogey8

7 cuttings rooted so far. 6 Heri-Berry and 1 Dawg-Devi. These will go outside when it warms up.
IMG_2540.jpeg

Took the male flowers off of the plant and set them aside to dry so I can harvest a bit more pollen(though I probably have more than I need). Put the male outside.

oldfogey8

I was skeptical about quadlining until recently. I will say it delays growth but I am getting the best early stacking branches I have had. I don’t think it is for everyone but in a small tent with too many plants, I am happy with the stacking and airflow. Also, this morning I was irritated with the auto watering system. The water level in the bucket was staying the same. Opened the valves up a bit this morning and 3 of 6 were heavier than they were in the morning and the bucket level had dropped a few inches. I think I will be able to dial it in over the next couple of weeks.

oldfogey8

The buds I pollinated have pistils that are turning brown. Closed the valves a full turn as the pots were heavy. Swapped the weird LEDs side to side so the redder and bluer lights shine on different plants.

oldfogey8

Back to square one in the Blumats. I opened one valve up a couple notches on a drier plant and this morning the bucket was down a couple gallons. The floor of the tent had about a quarter inch of water on it. Grrrr… The Heri-Berry plants all felt pretty good weight wise. The Dawg-Devi plants are both saturated. I have been putting the Jacks 10-30-20 Bloom Booster Classic as well as GO Cal Mag in the reservoir bucket. Switched from the 20-20-20 a week or so ago. All the HB’s are greasy, crystally and have a fruity stink going in. The DD’s are showing some trichs too though more pistils than trichs. Everyone is stacking up nicely. I have been gradually pruning to get more light to bud sights. Almost 5 weeks in flower.
IMG_2560.jpeg

IMG_2559.jpeg

IMG_2558.jpeg

oldfogey8

5 weeks since flipping to 12/12. 4 weeks since Dawg-Devi showed, 3 for Heri-Berry. That will put the plants at 9 weeks and 8 weeks ‘in flower’ when I return from a vacation. Still trying to dial in the Blumats. Getting closer I think. Right now I am thinking a drip per second when the pots feel light should keep the plants healthy. Making small half ‘triangle’ adjustments at this point.
IMG_2587.jpeg

The watering bucket is a mix of Jacks 10-30-20, GO Cal Mag and AN Bud Candy(all at recommended dilution) plus a couple TBLSP of Epsom salt/ 5 gallons of water.

oldfogey8

Hoping to get an idea of how long the bucket is going to last in the next 10 days. The plants were getting about a quart a day on average so a 5 gallon bucket should only last a bit over 3 days but that doesn’t account for runoff/soil being hydrophobic. I am hoping to get 5 days with the system dialed in. That would mean my son would only need to refill the bucket once.

SubGirl

420club
Hoping to get an idea of how long the bucket is going to last in the next 10 days. The plants were getting about a quart a day on average so a 5 gallon bucket should only last a bit over 3 days but that doesn’t account for runoff/soil being hydrophobic. I am hoping to get 5 days with the system dialed in. That would mean my son would only need to refill the bucket once.
Or you could get a bigger bucket…

oldfogey8

Or you could get a bigger bucket…
LOL. I had a 20 gallon sump bucket that I planned on using to upgrade on of my sump pumps. I thought that would be a great solution. I drilled the holes to insert the barbs into that bucket only to see ribs inside the bucket and I had drilled one hole thru one of the ribs. The barb woukd not seal there…☹️

Another option I am considering is a separate 5 gallon bucket with a pump controlled by a float switch to refill the feeder bucket.

I am thinking I would like to have my son check on things though just to be safe so my mistake may turn out to be a good thing for me(but not my son)…😁

oldfogey8

looks and sounds like you are getting them dialed in Brother and will soon be enjoying the fruits of your labor
The Dawg-Devi has a licorice aroma now(changed from cat piss to hash to licorice). The Heri-Berry has a delicious fruity aroma which it has had for quite a while. I am wondering if the new white light LED has triggered a terpene change. Anyone know if that is ‘a thing’?

oldfogey8

How about a plastic tall kitchen trash can. It has smooth sides and you prolly have one in that stack of junk Mrs fogey gets on to you about… what hoarder doesn’t keep a good ugly trash can…
The problem with changing feeder buckets at this point I think is I will undoubtedly introduce air into the lines and I am unsure how well I will be able to bleed the air out(and the associated random change in flow). I don’t want to start back at square one with under a month left before I leave.

oldfogey8

A couple of thoughts on this grow:

The Blumat system I think will be good for when I am away for an extended period of time. The plants still look healthy even when I normally would consider them to be very thirsty if I was doing my usual hand watering. Since this is my first go at these strains(in addition to a change in nutes, quadlining, a new smaller tent, the early flip, different lighting and uppotting with very little veg time after uppotting), I won’t be able to gauge how the Blumats perform as far as yield, beauty, aromas, or potency goes. I also don’t like that the plants are stuck staying where they are due to the plumbing(though it is the same as if I was doing a scrog). I like to be able to rotate plants around my tent to give the plants different incident light. A good thing about the drip system I think is going to be the lower humidity which will minimize the risk of PM(since I don’t flood the pots and the soil, which is a humidity sink, stays drier). I may retire the Blumats or repurpose them for the garden in the future but I am happy with them and the grow at this point.

The sativa dominant plants(Dawg-Devi)are much less crystally but that was also the case for me when I grew some Thai plants and they were some of my favorite smoke. They have started showing more trichomes in the past couple of days and should have 4+ more weeks to develop. The more indica Heri-Berry was winning the trichome beauty contest but the slightly more hybrid pheno is catching up.

I am loving the Jacks nutes. Easy as pi. Plants are greener than I was getting using GO organic 5 or 6 bottle nutes, Kelp4Less nutes, GH 3 part or AN pH perfect. The downside is it isn’t organic but with how little my wife and I smoke, I am betting we ingest more chemicals from the water we drink and the air we breathe.

oldfogey8

One pot still feels a little light to me. Opened the valve about an eighth turn. The 2 Dawg-Devi pots are a bit heavy with no drips seen. Left them alone. Probably a tweak or three before I am comfortable. The bucket looks like it went down about a gallon since this morning. Getting closer to having a feel for refill timing. It will be only water(no nutes) when I have my dome come to refill. If I can get to a gallon a day, I will be happy. Going to back off on the nutes(maybe 3/4 strength) as I refill the buckets. The Heri-Berri plants are shiny/dark green. A little nute burn on the tips but I am pleasantly surprised how they are taking full strength feedings with such minimal tip burn. The Dawg-Devi pots are both drying out from over watering due to the Blumat carrot settings or they may show the same characteristics. They still look healthy though. No lockout. No early fade. No pH checking. Sweeeeet!
IMG_2630.jpeg

IMG_2632.jpeg

IMG_2635.jpeg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Change of plans. My Roots Organics Green Lite bag was home to mice and they stored a bunch of sunflower seeds in it. So I sowed the seeds this morning in some peat pots using Coast of Maine Organic Potting Soil. 2 of the G&M seeds have cracked their husks already😁. The peat pots are in a Tupperware container and covered in Saran Wrap. They will go into the furnace room today after the boiler techs inspect my boiler. Dark and warm, just like the seeds like it, until they all show up above the soil. They will go into my temporary grow space(a cardboard box) under a 2 bulb HO T5 fixture with 10000k tubes along with another project I have going unrelated to cannabis.
IMG_2160.jpeg

IMG_2159.jpeg
Oldfogey8,
What you're doing is good. If you don't mind I will share a tip with you.
These manure cups don't degrade as fast as the seedlings will grow and the cause the roots to be bound for a time. By cutting the bottom out the roots can freely grow out the bottom of the cup in a closing conical way.

If you fill the cup first pressing in seedling mix before cutting the bottom out, then use the cup planting into the bottom of the manure cup. The roots will grow out the bottom in an expanding androtropic manner for even better seedling growth.
I hope you will be blessed by this tip.
Peace farmerlion

Latest posts

Latest posts