What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

G&M Herijuana x Blueberry/Chem Dawg SR x Nanda Devi

oldfogey8

I am soaking some seeds to grow in my new 2x4 tent(I think Santa is bringing me one based on the box my wife tried to hide).

G&M Herijuana x Blueberry(4 seeds)

and

Chem Dawg SR x Nanda Devi(3 seeds)

The G&M seeds are from a member here and the CDSR x Nanda Devi seeds are from a local friend. Been meaning to grow the Nanda Devi for a while. The buds my friend gave me were ugly to say the least but the buzz was psychedelic. Nanda Devi is a region in the Indian Himalayas and they grow stringy landrace plants there. I know 7 plants will not fit in my 2x4 but we will see how they progress and culling will happen. I may make some seeds again but that is a work in progress.

They will go in some one cup containers with Roots Organic Green Lite soil. I plan on using AN pH perfect nutes and assorted other stuff. I have some older blurple LEDs that I will be using. Not what I want to have but I have them so I will power thru.

I feel like growing at this point. I chose the Herijuana x Blueberry a)because they are G&M seeds and b)they are indica dominant. The CDSR x Nanda Devi will likely be pretty racy which I don’t care for but I am interested to see if the landrace thing shows thru. The ND was the male in the cross. This is what the buds look like.
IMG_2157.jpeg

oldfogey8

I don't think that bud is ugly at all.
The buds I was given were very larfy. Not High Times centerfold worthy but as they say, you can’t judge a book by its cover. In retrospect, growing an indica dominant strain and a sativa dominant strain in the same small tent could be challenging. I grew some Thai plants in a 4x2x4ft tent though about 10 years ago. My new tent(I think) is 6 and a half feet tall so as long as I am diligent in training them, it should be interesting.

oldfogey8

Change of plans. My Roots Organics Green Lite bag was home to mice and they stored a bunch of sunflower seeds in it. So I sowed the seeds this morning in some peat pots using Coast of Maine Organic Potting Soil. 2 of the G&M seeds have cracked their husks already😁. The peat pots are in a Tupperware container and covered in Saran Wrap. They will go into the furnace room today after the boiler techs inspect my boiler. Dark and warm, just like the seeds like it, until they all show up above the soil. They will go into my temporary grow space(a cardboard box) under a 2 bulb HO T5 fixture with 10000k tubes along with another project I have going unrelated to cannabis.
IMG_2160.jpeg

IMG_2159.jpeg

goingrey

The buds I was given were very larfy. Not High Times centerfold worthy but as they say, you can’t judge a book by its cover. In retrospect, growing an indica dominant strain and a sativa dominant strain in the same small tent could be challenging. I grew some Thai plants in a 4x2x4ft tent though about 10 years ago. My new tent(I think) is 6 and a half feet tall so as long as I am diligent in training them, it should be interesting.
In the 70s that kind of weed was High Times centerfold material hehe, not that I was around then but the mags are still around today..

Can be difficult to not let the small plants overshadowed with some much more vigorous tentmates yeah, but not impossible..

oldfogey8

In the 70s that kind of weed was High Times centerfold material hehe, not that I was around then but the mags are still around today..

Can be difficult to not let the small plants overshadowed with some much more vigorous tentmates yeah, but not impossible..
I remember some stringier looking centerfolds in the late 70’s now that you mention it. Maybe seeing what people grow these days have tainted my idea of beauty? In the end for me though, I will take buzz nuances, flavor and aroma over hard hitting, high THC and high yielding plants at this point.

I have grown 4 plants in a 2x4 in the past but this could be more challengingly since the 2 strains look to be one sativa dominant and one indica dominant. I see lots of LST, pruning and a shorter veg time in my future. Not looking for yield fortunately. I rarely even smoke much anymore. I just enjoy the gardening aspect.

oldfogey8

well I am not gonna eat any mushroom that is called penis envy no matter how strong it is

must be a shroom that only certain groups of people eat…

but yeah , that Herijuana x blueberry Indica is narcotic
I have seen PE before harvest(and after). I feel badly for anyone envious of them. I am no Johnny Holmes but…

oldfogey8

I have 4 seedlings that have the seed husk still attached. Never had a problem with that before. Anyone have a fool-proof(I have been called a fool on occasion) for removing the husk? 3 of the 4 are ‘older’ seeds. Could that be the issue?

oldfogey8

I found a site where they had problems with pepper seedlings and they used saliva and toothpicks. Something about the enzymes in the saliva I think. I lubed the husks up pretty good with some spit and let them set for about a half hour and gently used 2 toothpicks to wedge the husk open and they fell right off. Now we will see if my morning breath spit digests the cotelydons I guess…
IMG_2169.jpeg

The 3 in the forefront and the back left seedlings were the patients I surguried…

oldfogey8

It is so dry in my basement(despite having 4” of rain earlier in the week) that these peat pots dry out in about 10 hours. I like a good wet/dry cycle but more when the plants are a bit bigger. Thinking I might need to put these in some solo cups. 6 of 7 have opened up. 1 CDSR/ND is still bound up but I am going to let it fix itself or die. I will pull back on updates. I promise.😁 View attachment 349457
G&M genetics look to be really good(first time growing his stuff) based on them breaking soil first and how much further along they are.

mike-or-ozzy

I have 4 seedlings that have the seed husk still attached. Never had a problem with that before. Anyone have a fool-proof(I have been called a fool on occasion) for removing the husk? 3 of the 4 are ‘older’ seeds. Could that be the issue?

spray with water 3-4 times daily or more as needed works fine for me

oldfogey8

spray with water 3-4 times daily or more as needed works fine for me
I got it sorted out but thanks. I have been growing for quite a while and never had seedlings fail to lose their husks. I guess I have been lucky. I just didn’t want to screw the CDSRxND seedling up since I only had 3 seeds and there are no more. If I had a bunch of them, I wouldn’t be bothered and would have let them live or die on their own merits. The insides of the husks must’ve had some kind of adhesive because one cotelydon is still stuck closed. I am going to let that one fight for life. Getting at least one female is the goal and having 3 increases my chances obviously. As I said earlier, the Nanda Devi smoke was very different/psychedelic. Hoping the genes show thru on this cross. Quick story-I smoked some a while ago and took a shower. The water hitting the walls created a pretty intricate song. Not just rhythm but tonal with a melody. That was really weird.

oldfogey8

Put all of the seedlings(in their peat pots) into solo cups. Put a bit of soil in the peat pots loosely to bury the stalks a bit. Not stretchy but I did it anyways… pictures at 11 or the next time I go helicopter over them…

The last cotelydon on the ND seedling has released to leaves.

Going to clean out/ organize my tool room so I can set up my new 2x4 tent today or tomorrow. My wife will be happy to see an organized tool room and it will save me search time every time I need a tool I know I have but forgot which pile I put it in…😁

Latest posts

Latest posts