What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

G&M Herijuana x Blueberry/Chem Dawg SR x Nanda Devi

oldfogey8

I was in a stupor last night so I missed checking the plants. The pots were about as light as I would want them to be and a couple of the Blumats were dripping. Dialed all valves to get the dripping about once per second. We will see how that does for keeping them happy.

oldfogey8

Still trying to dial these Blumats in. Settings on 2 were too far open. Soaked the bejeezus out of 2 pots. I have a week to get this set up. 😡
IMG_2751.jpeg

IMG_2748.jpeg

IMG_2749.jpeg

IMG_2750.jpeg

IMG_2753.jpeg

IMG_2754.jpeg

IMG_2755.jpeg

The Heri-Berry plants will be a pain to trim. The Dawg-Devi plants look like they will be easy.

OleReynard

Change of plans. My Roots Organics Green Lite bag was home to mice and they stored a bunch of sunflower seeds in it. So I sowed the seeds this morning in some peat pots using Coast of Maine Organic Potting Soil. 2 of the G&M seeds have cracked their husks already😁. The peat pots are in a Tupperware container and covered in Saran Wrap. They will go into the furnace room today after the boiler techs inspect my boiler. Dark and warm, just like the seeds like it, until they all show up above the soil. They will go into my temporary grow space(a cardboard box) under a 2 bulb HO T5 fixture with 10000k tubes along with another project I have going unrelated to cannabis.
IMG_2160.jpeg

IMG_2159.jpeg
Funny on the sunflower seeds had the same thing happen with acorns.
Darn things loaded up a bag with a 100 that I counted.
After planting found some more but just when I think I found them all I had baby oaks coming up in solo cups along with the seedling.

Last edited:

OleReynard

I remember some stringier looking centerfolds in the late 70’s now that you mention it. Maybe seeing what people grow these days have tainted my idea of beauty? In the end for me though, I will take buzz nuances, flavor and aroma over hard hitting, high THC and high yielding plants at this point.

I have grown 4 plants in a 2x4 in the past but this could be more challengingly since the 2 strains look to be one sativa dominant and one indica dominant. I see lots of LST, pruning and a shorter veg time in my future. Not looking for yield fortunately. I rarely even smoke much anymore. I just enjoy the gardening aspect.
I religiously pack my 2 x 4's, 8 is my max though, I only veg for 40 days tops.
I finish in 2 gal and pull 2-3 zips dry out of each pot.

OleReynard

Looks like I have at least one male CDSR x ND. Once I verify that, he will be quarantined(to collect pollen)because being a ‘collector’, I would like to have some more seeds since I used up what I had. The Heri-Berry plants are not showing me squat yet.
Weren't most of G&M gear s1?
I still have their BB Indica waiting in the wings

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Weren't most of G&M gear s1?
I still have their BB Indica waiting in the wings

yes , most are s1 but some ain’t , I found that out 2 years ago when we planted 9 different strains , which I thought were all s1

but noooooo , one of those 9 popped a nut and now I have a lot of seeds from 9 different plants with an unknown male

no biggie because all 9 are Top Shelf and it will be fun seeing what comes out of that bunch..

oldfogey8

I am thinking the delayed ripening(maybe half and half clear and cloudy trichs) may be due to high nitrogen content in the leaves. On two Heri-Berry plants, the sugar leaves are really dark green and shiny like a bit of nitrogen toxicity(but no nute burn at all). The drip system doesn’t flood the soil so no nutrients get washed away. Two of the Heri-Berry plants are fading though(the slightly stretchy phenos). Gotta love the purples, reds and golds…
IMG_3160.jpeg

OleReynard

yes , most are s1 but some ain’t , I found that out 2 years ago when we planted 9 different strains , which I thought were all s1

but noooooo , one of those 9 popped a nut and now I have a lot of seeds from 9 different plants with an unknown male

no biggie because all 9 are Top Shelf and it will be fun seeing what comes out of that bunch..
Strange I ran something else of there's and had the same problem don't remember which strain, think it was 2 years ago.
But it got axed, my hermies go out the door

oldfogey8

2 more weeks

it must stink for n there
I think at least 2 more weeks. My sense of smell is a bit fooked today. Airplane travel does that to me. I took the drip irrigation system out and flushed the heck out of the plants this morning. Thinking my soil has a lot of built up nutrients since drip irrigation never floods the soil.

oldfogey8

These plants are starting to piss me off. No amber yet at over 11 weeks of 12/12 lighting. Drip irrigation late in flower is a no-go for me in the future though I should be grateful the plants remained healthy. I am flushing them pretty good now when watering so I think they are progressing as the trichs are mostly cloudy now.

oldfogey8

12 weeks today. Finally starting to see some amber but only here and there…

Dawg-Devi is showing some signs of stress with some sugar leaves browning up. Probably due to nitrogen toxicity.

Heri-Berry is still looking green, green, green and a few sugar leaves are dried up dark green.