What's new

G&M Herijuana x Blueberry/Chem Dawg SR x Nanda Devi

oldfogey8

My male plant is suffering in room lighting. Looks like iron deficiency according to growweedeasy but I suspect it is lack of feeding and light. Just hoping some of the male flowers open soon. I wonder if male flower opening time is related to seed ripening time(say 6 or 7 weeks from when pollinated females will have developed healthy seeds). Even if I pollinated today, and had 6-7 weeks for the seeds to mature, that would put me smack dab in the middle of my vacation…

I have a watering system coming in a few days after @SubGirl suggested it. There are moisture sensors that are calibrated based on preferred moisture content and are gravity fed. Love the science! There are no pumps to fail due to mechanical issues or power outages. I will be testing it out prior to departure to try to get it dialed in.

oldfogey8

3 weeks in flower:
Dawg-Devi
IMG_2478.jpeg

IMG_2479.jpeg

IMG_2480.jpeg

Heri-Berry little stretch:
IMG_2481.jpeg

IMG_2482.jpeg

IMG_2483.jpeg

Heri-Berry a bit stretchier:
IMG_2475.jpeg

IMG_2476.jpeg

IMG_2477.jpeg

Starting to see some trichomes on the Heri-Berry. Just pistil cotton balls on the Dawg-Devi plants.

oldfogey8

Had to do something about the height difference between the Dawg-Devi and the Heri-Berry. Had a couple of storage containers that solved it.
IMG_2485.jpeg

Tomorrow I need to route the power cords to the lights thru one of the upper holes.

Bought a Spider Farmer SF1000 to replace my really old blurple King 1200. It’ll be here next week.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Yes. I should have known you would ask.😁

The Dawg-Devi no longer smells like cat p!ss(thank the cannabis gods). It smells kinda like hash. The Heri-Berry is a fruity/floral aroma.

you know I love the perfume!

I am thinking of buying pan led grow light frame spider….the 1000 may be to small for a 2x4 tent

but I’ve never had a tent , let alone grow weed in one

but there are a lot of tent growers here so I can tap into their experience..

here is to a happy harvest

oldfogey8

you know I love the perfume!

I am thinking of buying pan led grow light frame spider….the 1000 may be to small for a 2x4 tent

but I’ve never had a tent , let alone grow weed in one

but there are a lot of tent growers here so I can tap into their experience..

here is to a happy harvest
You are right that the 1000 is too small for a 2x4. I am going to leave the 2 newer blurple LED fixtures in the tent. Those have a Cree LED in the center along with the blue and red LED’s. More light and more spectral spread is my thinking. Next grow I will get an additional 1000 but I am trying to minimize expenses at this point(between taxes due and my upcoming vacation, I will have lower reserves than I want to have). Also, my older LED is 8, maybe 10 years old and the cooling fan for it sounds like it is getting tired.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
You are right that the 1000 is too small for a 2x4. I am going to leave the 2 newer blurple LED fixtures in the tent. Those have a Cree LED in the center along with the blue and red LED’s. More light and more spectral spread is my thinking. Next grow I will get an additional 1000 but I am trying to minimize expenses at this point(between taxes due and my upcoming vacation, I will have lower reserves than I want to have). Also, my older LED is 8, maybe 10 years old and the cooling fan for it sounds like it is getting tired.

led is a new world to me….hell , I still have an old magnetic ballast

but yeah , been growing forever with 1000w MH and 600w HPS in various setups from 2 lights to 32 lights back in the day……along with $1000 dollar electric bills

but that was back when one could get $4k an lb

so the bootlegger sets aside about one pound to pay the electric bill…😂😂

we really don’t need the heat anymore n the growroom so the led’s will be a welcome addition..

it looks like the producers have worked out most of the bugs on the led colors spectrums and so forth….

oldfogey8

led is a new world to me….hell , I still have an old magnetic ballast

but yeah , been growing forever with 1000w MH and 600w HPS in various setups from 2 lights to 32 lights back in the day……along with $1000 dollar electric bills

but that was back when one could get $4k an lb

so the bootlegger sets aside about one pound to pay the electric bill…😂😂

we really don’t need the heat anymore n the growroom so the led’s will be a welcome addition..

it looks like the producers have worked out most of the bugs on the led colors spectrums and so forth….
The thing that chaps my a$$ about a lot of LED fixtures is most have no UV component and I recall you posting that you noted a difference in buds grown a 10000 feet vs a lower altitude grow. Higher altitude = less atmosphere to filter UV and we know for sure(or science tells us so we will lather up with sunscreen) that there is UV light in sunlight. My older LED has a UV LED in it as well as an IR LED but I don’t want to rely on it. Subby seems to love her Spider Farmer fixtures and she grows some great buds which is one reason I went with the SF. That and I can’t justify spending $1000 on a high end LED. I grow for personal use/sharing with friends and the fun of it so I I won’t ever recoup $1 much less $1000. No one ever said growing weed was a cheap hobby but I need to be reasonable on my pile of cash.😁

oldfogey8

My Tropf-Blumat automatic watering system came today, I guess I will be setting it up tonight. Also I am getting the slightest bit of nute burn on the leaf tips. The plants are drinking like a frat pledge. I was watering every other day but it is daily now.

Confuscious say a watched male cannabis plant never pollinate. Still waiting for the flowers to open so I can gather some for selective pollination. I have some concern that I won’t have pollen soon enough to give the selectively pollinated buds time to let the seeds mature…

oldfogey8

4 weeks:
Devi-Dawg:
IMG_2511.jpeg

IMG_2509.jpeg

IMG_2508.jpeg

Heri-Berry less stretch:
IMG_2515.jpeg

IMG_2513.jpeg

IMG_2512.jpeg

Heri-Berry more stretch:
IMG_2506.jpeg

IMG_2505.jpeg

IMG_2504.jpeg

Should have pollen tonight so I will be pollinating one branch of each. Still haven’t gotten around to setting up the auto watering system. The video I watched said to plant the ‘carrots’ when the soil is at the desired moisture content so that has been delaying my progress. I would like the pots to be ‘almost dry’…

oldfogey8

Set up the Tropf-Blumat auto watering system this morning before lights out. Now the hard part will be dialing it in. I hope one month is enough time to feel comfortable with the system and to get an idea of how long a 5 gallon bucket will last.
IMG_2527.jpeg

oldfogey8

About 20 days since taking cuttings. The plants were in early flower so I wasn’t certain any would root but I found 3 of 12 have roots. I didn’t have any Dip N Grow so I tried using Superthrive as a rooting agent.
IMG_2529.jpeg