What's new

Furthur Fans

Madhemp

^ Thats awesome! I'm glad your children are getting to experience the joy of a show. I went to my first-and thus far only-show this past July at All Good. It was phenomenal.

I'm glad you dug your first show, I grew up in the Bay Area and was lucky enough to see alot of shows (maybe not by deadhead standards as I never traveled with the band, but I have around 60 ticket stubs). Live music has been one of the more important and enjoyable aspects of my life, so I am very happy that my kids both seem to have inherited that love.

I also am of the opinion that there may be a limited time left to see them live. I have no knowlage or anything, but if Phil is trying to set up a live music hall (ala Levon Helm) my guess is that is so he (they) can still play live without the touring. Again this is a complete guess on my part, and maybe I'm paranoid because I would like the tours to go on forever. but when I look in the mirror I realize that I and my hero's are starting (I say starting) to get a little (just a little) bit older.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Madhemp, I feel the same way, there are only so many shows left...they wont want to go on tour forever. Have to get in as many as we can!!

Had a great weekend...all 3 shows were fabulous.

On the way to the show....

Friday night...it was sooo warm, couldnt ask for better weather!

Saturdays show was packed!

Chillin before the show on Sunday....

Peace and rock on Furthur!!

Boy, Us NY heads are some lucky people! I am goin to some shows in Nov. I have the fever I havent had Jam fever since Jerry days!! I am also gonna catch DSO doin their 2000 show!!! I hope John shows up!!!! Wake for the flood is my theme for the comin up shows!!! I cant stand the rain!!!!

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Well saw my first show at red rocks. What a magical place. Was great to get my dead fix. Pretty uneven year for me. 13 phish shows and only 4 furthur shows in '11. Doin 3-5 more shows on the November Midwest run.

Madhemp

Well, I couldn't have asked for much more. The weather was great the venue was great and historic (it's where the Monterey Pop Festival was held in 1967). It was the last show of the summer tour. My kids LOVED it!

Here is the set list from Sat:

Feel Like A Stranger
Althea
Good Morning Little School Girl
No More Do I
Friend Of The Devil
Viola Lee Blues
Comes A Time
Throwing Stones

Golden Road
Shakedown Street
Truckin'
Let It Grow
All Along The Watchtower
Morning Dew
Help On The Way
Slipknot
The Eleven
Franklins Tower

Phil's organ doner rap
One More Saturday Night

FallenBuddha

Chat Mod
Veteran
I got my new years eve tickets from ticket bastard, just to be safe, according to the furthur page on facebook the chance of getting new years eve tickets with a first mail in date postmark is only 40%. Pretty sure my other mailorders will come though.

peace -fb

OGL1

Would love to see the NYE show, sadly the last of my friends willing to travel to shows passed away last month at the age of 36. RIP Todd B, you will forever be missed. Two day's before he died we were on our way to see TAB at Higher Ground. Major bummer losing friends, Ive lost my two best friends in the last couple months, Im long overdue to say my goodbye's and to me shows are like a religous experience.

Madhemp

Would love to see the NYE show, sadly the last of my friends willing to travel to shows passed away last month at the age of 36. RIP Todd B, you will forever be missed. Two day's before he died we were on our way to see TAB at Higher Ground. Major bummer losing friends, Ive lost my two best friends in the last couple months, Im long overdue to say my goodbye's and to me shows are like a religous experience.

Maybe you could attend the show in his/they're honor?

Sorry for your pain.

MH

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Boardwalk hall is one cool ass venue! Saw phish play the infamous Zeppelin show there a year ago today. And the musical costume of little feat a year ago tomorrow.

Only doing the Chicago Midwest furthur show now. Flying out the next day to Amsterdam for the cup :)