What's new

Fucking Irresponsible Dog Owners...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

no, the '4 out of 54' OP is currently member in good standing, I'll leave his name out of it.

T

toughmudderdave

You know? ... looking back at his posts, I don't think ole tuff mudder ever said that he'd actually called the cops. He said he was considering it, and blamed his wife for that, but I didn't see where he actually said that he'd gone and done the deed. And he did post here to get our opinion on this. :dunno:

Wow...One of, what appears to a minority, few members who can actually read and comprehend! My hats off to you my friend. Indeed, I haven't made a single call. I wasn't going to place a call other than to the vet to ensure the dog had his shot(s) as the dog actually bit me. No big deal, right? Seamaiden was concerned. And when I think back on everything that occurred, it could have been worse. I passed at least 5 children on my circuit about the lake. Once I subdued the dog, the owner did say something to the effect of "I don't understand why he does this." Which could perhaps mean that the dog does in fact have a history...yet he takes the dog in public...off leash.

The playful dogs? I was just pissed as I was timing myself and I had to stop, repeatedly, and tell the owners to leash the fucking animals.

Deal with it myself? I suppose I could. None of you except Seamaiden has witnessed what I'm capable of when I want to "deal" with something...It ain't pretty(I could have murdered a neighbor a few years back), and I sworn to myself that I will no longer go back to that "person". I choose nonviolence. I can forgive the owner for what happened to me. I do want him put on notice...because I could not forgive myself if I were to read in the local paper of a child that was attacked on a trail by the lake by a certain canine.

Jesus H. Christ...Some of you people need to learn how to read, understand, and perhaps even "think" about things other than yourselves.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
So I guess I'm gonna call the Sheriff's Dept tomorrow.
You can see here where those would think otherwise. I'd like to talk you out of it.

I'm cool with anything you do about it really... so long as it doesnt require putting the dog down.

Some dogs need put down. It doesnt sound like this was one of them.. at least from over here. If you want to teach em' a lesson through the legal system.. so be it. But kill the dog? You said yourself the dog didnt really hurt you.

The fact that this dude even had vet info handy makes him in another category then a totally irresponsible pet owner. He made a mistake.

I'm not sure how it all works. You make a couple phone calls and this particular dog gets put down even though that wasn't even your full intentions.. I know you want to send a message... but maybe just look him up and scream at him. Hate to see a dog lose its life over a phone call.

GanjaRebelSeeds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow...One of, what appears to a minority, few members who can actually read and comprehend! My hats off to you my friend. Indeed, I haven't made a single call. I wasn't going to place a call other than to the vet to ensure the dog had his shot(s) as the dog actually bit me. No big deal, right? Seamaiden was concerned. And when I think back on everything that occurred, it could have been worse. I passed at least 5 children on my circuit about the lake. Once I subdued the dog, the owner did say something to the effect of "I don't understand why he does this." Which could perhaps mean that the dog does in fact have a history...yet he takes the dog in public...off leash.

The playful dogs? I was just pissed as I was timing myself and I had to stop, repeatedly, and tell the owners to leash the fucking animals.

Deal with it myself? I suppose I could. None of you except Seamaiden has witnessed what I'm capable of when I want to "deal" with something...It ain't pretty(I could have murdered a neighbor a few years back), and I sworn to myself that I will no longer go back to that "person". I choose nonviolence. I can forgive the owner for what happened to me. I do want him put on notice...because I could not forgive myself if I were to read in the local paper of a child that was attacked on a trail by the lake by a certain canine.

Jesus H. Christ...Some of you people need to learn how to read, understand, and perhaps even "think" about things other than yourselves.

Here's a quote from you from the first post on the first page of this thread,

"So I guess I'm gonna call the Sheriff's Dept tomorrow. Why? I was bitten by a fucking dog."

That sounds like your going to call the cops to me.
What if the owner of that dog is a grower and the cops come to his place and the result is he gets busted from growing? That is why we NEVER call the cops.

Last edited:

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
None of you except Seamaiden has witnessed what I'm capable of when I want to "deal" with something...It ain't pretty(I could have murdered a neighbor a few years back), and I sworn to myself that I will no longer go back to that "person".

Consider the possibility that you have PTSD. It is a burden to carry knowing that Dr. Jekyll lurks within waiting for release.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
So I guess I'm gonna call the Sheriff's Dept tomorrow. Why? I was bitten by a fucking dog.

but I'm calling the Sheriff's Dept so they pay him a visit.

Nowhere in his post did he say he was considering it.

Originally Posted by toughmudderdave

None of you except Seamaiden has witnessed what I'm capable of when I want to "deal" with something...It ain't pretty(I could have murdered a neighbor a few years back), and I sworn to myself that I will no longer go back to that "person".
But you're resorting to doing the same here, but with a dog.

You should have used it as a training exercise and ran faster. <-- thats a joke.. unless you really can run fast as hell.

Off topic:
Are you the guy who always call the cops when the neighbors set off fireworks around the holidays?
Do you have kids dave? If your kid turns 16 and crashes a car while texting and seriously hurts/or even kills someone. Do you think he should be executed for it?

Do you have a dog yourself, or have ever considered one? If not, why so? Do you hate dogs Dave?

I'm not trying to piss you off...I'm just curious.

T

toughmudderdave

Yeah, and the person I was thinking of calling was the Cpt. who consoled Seamaiden after she was assaulted in the home invasion. He is a very nice, compassionate person who understood Seamaiden...and what I was feeling in the aftermath. I was going to tell him that I was bitten, I am not hurt, I've verified the dog has had vaccinations, but I would like him to do a favor and speak to the owner about the importance of leashing his dog (a dog that appears to have done this before) in public...for the safety of others. And I planned on getting his word he wouldn't take it any further than a "polite reminder" on leash laws before I gave him the owners name and number...Why? Because I don't want the animal put down.

There is a serious lack of comprehension amongst some members within this community, so it wouldn't surprise me if this post is misunderstood as well. Furthermore, if one is to extrapolate, then one should acquire more information, before one shoots off one's mouth...verstehen sie das?

T

toughmudderdave

Off topic:
Are you the guy who always call the cops when the neighbors set off fireworks around the holidays?
Do you have kids dave?
No...I'm the guy that faced down 2 cops, with guns, and chased off my property when Seamaiden thought they were going to shoot me. Why do you ask?

T

toughmudderdave

Do you have a dog yourself, or have ever considered one? If not, why so? Do you hate dogs Dave?

I'm not trying to piss you off...I'm just curious.

Interesting question...The owner of the dog that bit me asked me the same question. My answer?

Yes! I had her out here on the lake just yesterday and she ran 3 miles with me...on a leash. I'm training her to run a half marathon with me.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Yeah, and the person I was thinking of calling was the Cpt. who consoled Seamaiden after she was assaulted in the home invasion. He is a very nice, compassionate person who understood Seamaiden...and what I was feeling in the aftermath. I was going to tell him that I was bitten, I am not hurt, I've verified the dog has had vaccinations, but I would like him to do a favor and speak to the owner about the importance of leashing his dog (a dog that appears to have done this before) in public...for the safety of others. And I planned on getting his word he wouldn't take it any further than a "polite reminder" on leash laws before I gave him the owners name and number...Why? Because I don't want the animal put down.

There is a serious lack of comprehension amongst some members within this community, so it wouldn't surprise me if this post is misunderstood as well. Furthermore, if one is to extrapolate, then one should acquire more information, before one shoots off one's mouth...verstehen sie das?

Well now that is a little more clear.

:tiphat:

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What if the owner of that dog is a grower and the cops come to his place and the result is he gets busted from growing? That is why we NEVER call the cops.

This is such a foolish premise that it defies belief. I'm not much on cops, but they have their place and it's usually so I don't wind up putting more holes in someone than they were born with. I am so fucking tired of adolescents on here thinking that because someone happens to grow weed, then they automatically deserve to have carte blanche for any stupid act that they commit. Pot growers are probably a pretty reasonable representation of humanity - some good, some not.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I was out with my dog today, checking out a new park with a hiking trail. Came upon several other dogs. Two were not on leashes. I made my dog heel, retracted her leash and then I waited for the dogs without leashes to approach (not together. two separate incidents.)

I was prepared to intervene if either tail stopped wagging. Even if it's not your dog, most dogs will respond to the "NO! BAD DOG" command if you say it with authority.

As it turns out, I didn't have to go that far. I did give the owners some dirty looks when they finally caught up with their unleashed dogs.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
I was out with my dog today, checking out a new park with a hiking trail.

Welcome to your new home. If you don't know it already, you need to learn to identify poison oak. Right now it should have shiny new green leaves ready to oil up your dog's coat. I shudder just thinking about that stuff.

Puffaluffagus

Veteran
I'm gonna call the Sheriff's Dept tomorrow. Why? I was bitten by a fucking dog.

They proceed to maul me/muddy me/claw me for a bit until their losers get them under control.
before I know it...The dog has his teeth on my right hand.I gave him "The Look" and he understood I meant business and immediately became apologetic\, but I'm calling the Sheriff's Dept so they pay him a visit.\What a day. At least I finished my run though...blood and all. Heh.

No...I'm the guy that faced down 2 cops, with guns, and chased off my property \?

You were going to call the cops, period, not just "you were thinking about it".

Also you have a severe chip on your shoulder/tough guy thing going here

Facing down cops with guns, giving the guy "the look"
LMAO, get over yourself.

Lets see a pic of the terrible injuries to your hand that you were going to kill the dog over and call the cops about.

You sound like the kind of guy that walks into a mall and starts shooting.
Pissed off at life, and ready to completely over react to the slightest provocation.

Puffaluffagus

Veteran
\
. None of you except Seamaiden has witnessed what I'm capable of when I want to "deal" with something...It ain't pretty(I could have murdered a neighbor a few years back), and I sworn to myself that I will no longer go back to that "person". I choose nonviolence.\Jesus H. Christ...Some of you people need to learn how to read, understand, and perhaps even "think" about things other than yourselves.

I missed this one.
You need help

Kill your neighbor?

Choose non violence?
Except when it comes to shooting neighbors and dogs right?

I love how the potential neighbor and dog shooter tells people to think about something other then themselves.
(I was so mad I could kill my neighbor)
(I was so mad I could kill that dog)
Lmao, you need to take your own advice.

Seriously dude, you really sound like you have some issues

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
my personal thoughts are when i decided to grow there were just certain things that i could no longer consider involving the police in.

i would go as far as to say even with a minor break-in at my residence i couldn't call the cops without endangering my own freedom.

i think as growers we eliminate some of the protections that are provided us, since we have much to lose otherwise. sad but true.

just my .02

T

THE PABLOS

Damn...the dude was attacked/bit by a dog. We were not there..why all the passing of judgement? He's not in the wrong...his character is not in question. He has a right to take whatever action he wants.

This thread has helped me...reaffirmed my convictions...there are a lot of idiots out there with uncontrolled animals...animals which can cause serious bodily harm or death...animals which they will defend...even when they are in the wrong..

Your dog is off the leash down where I am...and it attacks me..I'll end it. It will be violent...it will be ugly. People need take on their own responsibility...if they can not..it's the law of the club for their dogs. I should never be attacked by someone's dog...or even threatened with attack by someone's dog...not on public land.

I love my dogs so much...I'd never ever..put them in that situation. If I did...it's my fault for what happens.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
opinions are like A**holes....every-bodies got one....this thread has served its purpose...
closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts