What's new

Fucking Irresponsible Dog Owners...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
So I guess I'm gonna call the Sheriff's Dept tomorrow. Why? I was bitten by a fucking dog.

It started out a damn nice day. Good weather, so I took advantage of it for an 8 mile run around the lake. During my run I get attacked not once, but TWICE, by UNLEASHED dogs!

First occurrence was around 3 miles when 2 very wet and muddy UNLEASHED dogs approach me with their owners behind. They proceed to pounce on me wanting to play. I get clawed, muddied, while I'm trying to tell their irresponsible owners to LEASH THEIR FUCKING DOGS AND LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!

They proceed to maul me/muddy me/claw me for a bit until their losers get them under control.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!!!

Around mile 5, I get passed by a driver in a van. About 1/4 mile further up the road I see the unoccupied van and the driver, with his German Shepard further up the road. I continue my run and as I approach, before I know it...The dog has his teeth on my right hand. I grab it's muzzle and put it to the ground while the owner leashes the fucking mutt. I shout "Why don't you have that FUCKING DOG LEASHED?" His retort? "You didn't give me enough time."

Whu? Like it's my responsibility? I don't think so. I gave him "The Look" and he understood I meant business and immediately became apologetic. I asked for his vets info and he gave it, but I'm calling the Sheriff's Dept so they pay him a visit. What if this dog got hold of a child, ya know?

What a day. At least I finished my run though...blood and all. Heh.

While I agree with you in that the owner was in the wrong and should have obtained control of his dog I wouldnt exactly say you were "attacked".

Sounds like you were dealing with a friendly dog who saw you running and decided it was time to play, running up on you and "mouthing" your hand. Shepherds do this.. as they are herding breed. They instinctively herd and corral.

If a dog "attacked" you and bit into you you're not grabbing its muzzle and putting it to the ground so easily. No way...if that dog intended to attack you you'd struggle to free yourself from its grip and would be taking a trip to the ER with torn flesh. Don't think K9 dogs would be quite as effective if they were so easily subdued as you describe. You're not superman dude.. that dog could have fucked you up had it intended to.

That dog might have put its mouth on your hand as you were running, but it certainly didn't bite you. If a german shepherd intentionally bites/attacks you your hand would be fucked up. The dogs in both of your instances had no intentions to hurt you... but yea definitely, still doesn't make it right and they should have been on leash.

german-shepherd-dog-aggressive-snarling-showing-teeth_652700.jpg

I agree with your rant, but think you overreacted after not accepting the owner's apology...potentially ending the life of a friendly dog because of a honest mistake in which the dog had no part of.

For future instances.. because not all people are responsible dog owners.. maybe you should slow your pace when approaching an off-leash dog to deter this type of behavior. I know its not your responsibility, but might be in your best interest to prevent further occurrences. I mean.. this happened to you once.. and then you do the same thing 5 miles later? Why not maybe take a different approach when seeing an irresponsible dog owner up ahead? ... yea, yea, yea... you shouldn't have to.. but do you want to be "attacked" again?

Have you ever came across unleashed geese and had a similar experience?

PS - my dog will do the charging bark thing to people he knows very well & loves. A deep (vicious sounding) bark is not necessarily a sign of aggression...far from it with my dog. Must be his way of saying "HI - here I am", but I could definitely see how it'd scare the shit out of people who don't know him.. thus I keep on leash when out and about.

T

ThirstyKenny

I just get behind them, grab them by the collar,twist, apply the rear naked chokehold, followed by some hectic ground n pound. The dog will then tap out. We shake hands and become friends :)

*Please note: This is only tested on dogs under 5kg's in weight. Usually the silky terrior type. Don't try this at home!!. I'm a trained professional :cool:

JohnnyATL

Veteran
tough mudder dave worried about getting "mauled" by a dog and muddied lol. sounds like your just a dog hater

T

ThirstyKenny

Bit harsh i think Johnny. He's obviously in a bit of turmoil about what to do about this and we all handle things in different ways. A dog hater would have just had the dog destroyed and not given it a 2nd thought, instead Dave has asked us for advice. No need to hate so hard imo. :)

Z

Ziggaro

Call the cops every chance you get? For reallll??

Maybe you will run into someone like minded and you can go hang out with the pigs all you want if you like them so much.

T

toughmudderdave

Hmm..... Thanks to my god-like powers of perception, I'd say that there is some incredible bullshit and delusional thinking going on in here, with liberal doses of internet tough-guy syndrome for seasoning....

No kidding, huh?

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
I knew a woman who died because the neighbor's big friendly dog jumped up on her. Broke her hip. She never left the hospital.

When I was a kid and had a paper route, long before pepper spray was available, we used to put ammonia in squirt guns to carry. One shot to the snout not only stops the dog without seriously hurting him, it made that dog think twice next time he wanted to chase a kid on a bike, like moi. :biggrin:

When I rode a touring bike I regularly had trouble with dogs. So I got the squirt gun and made a holster for on the handlebars. Interestingly I never got to use it. The same dogs just sat and watched me ride by.

thaicat

So I guess I'm gonna call the Sheriff's Dept tomorrow. Why? I was bitten by a fucking dog.

It started out a damn nice day. Good weather, so I took advantage of it for an 8 mile run around the lake. During my run I get attacked not once, but TWICE, by UNLEASHED dogs!

First occurrence was around 3 miles when 2 very wet and muddy UNLEASHED dogs approach me with their owners behind. They proceed to pounce on me wanting to play. I get clawed, muddied, while I'm trying to tell their irresponsible owners to LEASH THEIR FUCKING DOGS AND LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!

They proceed to maul me/muddy me/claw me for a bit until their losers get them under control.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!!!

Around mile 5, I get passed by a driver in a van. About 1/4 mile further up the road I see the unoccupied van and the driver, with his German Shepard further up the road. I continue my run and as I approach, before I know it...The dog has his teeth on my right hand. I grab it's muzzle and put it to the ground while the owner leashes the fucking mutt. I shout "Why don't you have that FUCKING DOG LEASHED?" His retort? "You didn't give me enough time."

Whu? Like it's my responsibility? I don't think so. I gave him "The Look" and he understood I meant business and immediately became apologetic. I asked for his vets info and he gave it, but I'm calling the Sheriff's Dept so they pay him a visit. What if this dog got hold of a child, ya know?

What a day. At least I finished my run though...blood and all. Heh.

29 negative reps!!! In a single post!!!

That has to be a record of some sort. Lol

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
someone around here leaves their dog shit bag on my porch daily..

and they haven't lit it on fire yet, rung the bell & run???

I'd be waiting in the bushes in a ghillie suit with a friggin' tazer in hand, or fuck being confrontational & just use the ghillie suit to figure out who it is & deliver your own pile of crap to his door daily. coat the underside of his cars door handle with his own dog shit.

be creative about it, make a masterpiece out of shit.

crazybear

Call the cops every chance you get? For reallll??

Maybe you will run into someone like minded and you can go hang out with the pigs all you want if you like them so much.

I don't call the cops usually, depends! Our dog got into a fight with a dog off leash, I didn't call cops went to vet & got some shit to heal the dog , I did kick their dog & no-body fucks with me anyway , being crazy & looking crazy helps & armed! No shit a .38 snub nose fits in the pocket real good!!!!!!!!!!

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Pet owners rarely have a balanced perspective regarding their animals. You may have a very special relationship with your pet, but to everyone else who deals with your animal, it is just that, another animal. And most likely in interacting with others your pet is acting just like another animal.

Losers with dogs is an epidemic in US Society. It's just less of a problem than losers creating more humans so we have to prioritize our hate.

Every other G-thug sideways hat shady SOB in the world has an enormous "tough guy" dog. And they ALWAYS have their dogs off a leash.

These people aren't intellectually or emotionally capable of managing their lives on a 101 level, and they really want to believe they've trained their dog so well that he'll never, ever attack?

It's drives me nuts. I don't know why OP has so many negative comments. Must be a lot of douchey terrible dog owners in this part of the internet. His anger was completely reasonable.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Losers with dogs is an epidemic in US Society. It's just less of a problem than losers creating more humans so we have to prioritize our hate.

Every other G-thug sideways hat shady SOB in the world has an enormous "tough guy" dog. And they ALWAYS have their dogs off a leash.

These people aren't intellectually or emotionally capable of managing their lives on a 101 level, and they really want to believe they've trained their dog so well that he'll never, ever attack?

It's drives me nuts. I don't know why OP has so many negative comments. Must be a lot of douchey terrible dog owners in this part of the internet. His anger was completely reasonable.

You don't know why?

Going to go out on a limb here - might have been his 1st line. Not really too popular around here. His anger was reasonable. Calling the sheriff was not.

So I guess I'm gonna call the Sheriff's Dept tomorrow.

G

No excuse for a dog biting someone because they are running near them. Police and animal control should have been called and dog put down.

End of story

KS

thaicat

not even close, I did this screen shot before the threads OP closed out @ 4 out of 54 finding the post Helpful.

View Image

Wow! I'm picturing the post was Authored by Yummybud or Arjan...

Anyone else see the ironic humor that a guy named ''Tough Mudder'' got pissed off because he was muddied by a couple puppies? No disrespect to the OP, just something I've laughed to myself about since the beginning of this saga.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Thats ludicrous.

The owner made a mistake and doesnt deserve to lose a friendly dog due to this unfortunate event. This dog was not vicious and did not really "bite" the runners hand. It "hindered" him in his own words. This was not a vicious dog I assure you.

Dude wasnt hurt, just alarmed and angry.

Lets see some pics.

- vicious dog running loose in a neighborhood or a clearly really aggressive dog.. ..sure put it down, but I'm certain that is not what happened here.

This was a German Shepherd that got away from his owner and was playing with the runners hand and got his panties in a bunch because he likely shit them. I agree... its not cool, but to kill it when it is in fact not a vicious dog. That aint right. No harm done.. this particular dog does not deserve to die. I'm sure his owner learned a valuable lesson dealing with this angry man.

From reading the story and knowing a lot about the breed I can almost guarantee that dog was a young pup and that was not an actual "dog bite".

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
You don't know why?

Going to go out on a limb here - might have been his 1st line. Not really too popular around here. His anger was reasonable. Calling the sheriff was not.

You know? ... looking back at his posts, I don't think ole tuff mudder ever said that he'd actually called the cops. He said he was considering it, and blamed his wife for that, but I didn't see where he actually said that he'd gone and done the deed. And he did post here to get our opinion on this. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts