What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fucking Bullshit - Mrs. MPD Diagnosed with Stage IV Lung & Liver Cancer

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
MPD, I don't think that I can add anything meaningful beyond what has already been expressed. Know that you and your's are in our thoughts and prayers.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
So sorry about this MPD. :( I can only echo others in saying enjoy the time you have. There will be too much time for heartache and sadness.

Hoping for a miracle.

Greenheart

Veteran
May the fight be longer than the learned minds can fathom. May the stregth of the world lift you high to enjoy cherished treasure of the time you have left and have passed. It dampens the soul to be handed such a burden. To dwell upon the weight will increase it's load. Fight. Live. Do what you can to persevere. We all must rest from the world one day but to give into the verdict of doom is to admit defeat. Miracles happen more when stregth of will is determined to overcome the mountain of negativy and become victorious. May that strength come to you both in this time of need.

I have a deep belief that the natural realm can balance and correct the harm done to itself. Vaping, edibles, juicing (and more than just cannabis), preparing and eating whole raw foods instead of the manufactured poison in the box. We in the states and perhaps even the world have grown complacent and uneducated as a whole in how to live life as nature intended for us. To discover instinct and combine it with knowledge will create a powerful animal indeed. Sometimes I believe their plan is to steal my youth and leave me sick and dying from the toxic life I was born into as they slowly take my life while making me foot the bill during the waning twilight I have left. My soul screams for your miracle to happen and that the educated animal is proven wrong in his supreme confidence.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
You and the Mrs are in my thoughts and prayers--
That being said, you have to remember, you both are probably thinking on different levels-- You are worried about her, and tho I'm sure she is also...but she is most likely more worried about you--
You need to really step it up and let her see and know that you will be ok when she is gone-- I apologize for the bluntness, but I am in the same ordeal...except that I am the one who is sick-- No, not as severe, but my main head trip is "What will my wife do..."
Positive vibes to ya man....it sucks no matter how you look at it--:ying:

T

toughmudderdave

Okay, so we are fucked. She has two tumors in her left lung and multiple low-density tumors in her liver. This makes her a Stage IV patient and from what I am reading, her expectations are to not be around for Christmas.

I am absolutely devastated.

I know, I know. I've talked about her end-stage emphysema here and on other boards extensively and I knew she didn't have a whole lot of time left, but to get slapped in the face with this one was just terrible. She is scared and broke my heart by saying she is not ready to die. What can you say to that? We have had 29 years together. 29 of them. We raised 6 kids and we have the 11 grandkids and now it is time to pay the man and nobody wants to anty up in this game.

I will start a grow today but I will have to figure out how to get the necessary meds in the near-term for the hemp oil treatments and other use. I don't want her to smoke it as that will irritate her lungs more and we don't need that I think, but I read the research on the effectiveness of pot on Small Cell Lung Cancer that has gotten out of control and is not expected to respond to chemo. So it is what it is.

I'm dying a little today. I don't have the words to make her know it is going to be okay. She is worried about me being alone in this big house with all the bills and the whole nine yards. I think I have a hard year ahead of me.

Seamaiden and I send you our strength, hope, and best wishes.

Steele Savage

Boutique Breeder
M,
I had dealt with my father in law go through damn near the exact same thing. I could only imagine the pain, having to go through this with your beloved wife. It gives me great joy, however, to know that you folks have the faith of the Lord our God, Jesus Christ. Obviously you and your wife know how eternally important that is. I encourage you and your family to continue with your real relationships with our God, reading his word and believing in His promises. Through dark times, He is our light that shines with us.
I have difficulty with the fear of death, but take comfort in His promise. Myself, I think of how small and fragile we really are and just as our favorite flowers & animals, we all must go... Some people may become angry, but we must remember that God has a plan and that we need to be patient; for the sake of the unbeievers. God wants as many children as he can have, so by waiting, more people have this opportunity.

You and your family will be in mine as well as my church's prayers. In the mean time, please use the Rick Simpson oil if available, edibles and as Chimera had firstly said, vape.
Also, though the graphs are messed up, check out Dr. Fry's study on oral cannabis.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=98433

Peace be with your wife, you and your family,
Steele
Get Educated... Get GrindHouse

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Thank you all for the kind words and support. We are going to get through this one step at a time. Today Mrs. MPD is telling our children what is going on. This isn't going to be pretty, but she has the strength of character that I admire so much, so that will carry us. I have been communing with The One today and seeking an answer to this, but I am reminded that we are all placed here in this plane of existence by our own choosing and that this life is just one of many that we have had and that we may have limitless future lives if that is what our Self chooses to express. I am also reminded by The Deity that many of the consequences we are experiencing in this life we have chosen to experience before we were ever born and that when our Self Purpose has been fulfilled we seek an exit that fits the needs of the Self. I know that I am One with The Deity and that our existence is inseparable except by my deliberate choosing and that Marilynn's journey is slightly different than mine and that we have been together before and will be together again celebrating the joy of Oneness anytime we choose by simply rejoicing in the love of Oneness at the speed of our thoughts.

Namaste

Amen

Twisted pleasur

Veteran
Re: Fucking Bullshit - Mrs. MPD Diagnosed with Stage IV Lung & Liver Cancer

MPD your truly an inspiration. I can only imagine how this goes.
So I won't pretend with any advice.

All I can say is when I hear or see something so tragic. That Just know sharing something like this helps those around you and you didn't even know.

By Making people like me thankful every day I have with my loved ones. Teaching us not to take it for granted.

You said it all in this post I do not think anything can break a bond like that not even death.

Many Blessings my Friend

T~P

cali2

mpd, I have came up with a similar conclusion as you on things. Stay strong in the truth and Everything will be ok. All my love

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
So very sorry to hear this mpd. Nothing i can do about it other than send my thoughts and prayers your way. My best to you, your wife, and the whole mpd family.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Thanks. She isn't doing too well today. Kind of nauseous and tired. Next week they are going to biopsy the tumors to get the confirmation of what they already know so they can run up the bill with us. Talk about prescient. Mrs. MPD took out cancer insurance in January. Crazy.

S

Sat X RB

don't want to be a nuisance or to get too personal ... but I too have lost close family members ... and survived what seemed to be a terrible crisis ... so may I say ... ?

these days I think it would have helped me stay more centred if I had known how Grief works. you see, I didn't know that Grief is a natural reaction to Loss of Relationship. instead I thought I was going crazy at times ... but in fact Grief was affecting the ways I normally thought and felt.

Grief affects thinking. daily life seems 'out of whack' somehow. I used to find myself doing or saying things that didn't make sense. couldn't concentrate on simple things and talked all sorts of crap to all sorts of people (a few women listened). my thinkings would get up a head of steam at night and sometimes stop me from sleeping. sometimes I thought suicidally. no way could I go to work.

Grief affects feelings too. once the Shock of diagnosis ebbed away I felt Angry. I blazed with Anger! and why shouldn't I have felt that way? Father Time had just totally ripped me off! I was so angry I didn't even care about eating.

and Grief has physical effects. for example, I experienced unusual aches and pains and trembling. shallow breathing is a common effect and combined with poor eating and sleeping sometimes people get respiratory ailments.

So MPD, do you mind me asking if you're eating and sleeping properly? I ask because it seems to me you'll need to take good care of yourself so's You can support your Wife through HER tough time.

and to work out how best to support your Wife ... what support do YOU have?
I see you have God, but what about Church? Family members? the Social Worker at the Hospital? a Palliative Care organisation? this last is extremely valuable if your Wife decides to stay at home ... (my experience was at home with support of Family and a Palliative Care organisation. it was an amazing trip for everyone involved!)

if you'd like to share your progress with Someone who's travelled the same road I 'm open to conversation, here or privately.

Seriously ... I am a careful Listener who's walked the territory a number of times now ...

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
mpd,,,i am so very sorry for the devastating news you have recieved,,i wish you and your wife all the very best and you will be in our prayers tonight,,
your situation is my worst nightmare come true and cant imagine how you must be feeling,all the love and positive karma we could send, is on its way to you all,, peace and regards s2