What's new

Fuck bics and any other lighter for smoking Bud

Original

Right I've got a problem. The iron is rated at 120V and I'm in the UK where we run on 240V. I wondered to myself as I turned it on.. I read that when on 20w setting the tip will barely glow.. whereas the tip was bright red on 20w setting. Cause I'm running twice the bloody voltage! I must be crazy to have missed that part lol

Anyway. Is there anything I can do?

Anybody? lol

C

CheifnBud2

I use a plastic surgery lazer. It only cost me 24,000 dollars used from a unliscensed practicioner in hollywood.

S

sparkjumper

I can get 5 bics for 3.99 at walgreens and sometimes get two for one!

madrecinco

Veteran
sparkjumper......I thought you were a kid.......I just figured out you are an old fart.
I like my new Ed Hardy lighter by Christian Auligier with flashing lights. Got it @ 7 11 store..... My grandson keeps trying to steal it though.

Nice that we have water again. But I am worrying about the current PYTHON INVASION.

Hurricaine season is here.....the alligators are restless.....and now they say we are gonna have a python invasion on the local news.....WTF PPL quit putting your pets out in the woods as they are multiplying and now they are even eating the gators here. Did you see that picture of the python who ate that gator? It busted him wide open and they both died. I am staying in my condo from now on. Never even heard of this python invasion till last night. I need to leave this crazy state.....

Mr. Tony

Veteran
Right I've got a problem. The iron is rated at 120V and I'm in the UK where we run on 240V. I wondered to myself as I turned it on.. I read that when on 20w setting the tip will barely glow.. whereas the tip was bright red on 20w setting. Cause I'm running twice the bloody voltage! I must be crazy to have missed that part lol

Anyway. Is there anything I can do?

Anybody? lol

buy one thats rated for 240v....

Use a bic lol

A, did you read any of the thread?

B, even the first fucking post?

C, some people smoke only the top shelf cannabis and don't want the taste of butane mixing with their smoke

I use a plastic surgery lazer. It only cost me 24,000 dollars used from a unliscensed practicioner in hollywood.

I've seen video's of people smoking with a laser, though I'd be to un-easy about it reflecting off an odd angled surface and blinding me.

Sleestak

C, some people smoke only the top shelf cannabis and don't want the taste of butane mixing with their smoke

Every grower I've ever known (not many) smoked oldschool style..joints and OMG!! regular old lighter. Some glass or a bong here and there, but definitely no fancy ignition source. Even the two biggest glass collectors I know (who are often more attracted to novelty and gadgetry) don't use anything but regular lighter. Not sayin it's good or bad,, just that you come off as an ignorant elitist.

I'm slightly tempted to try out a hakko, but I still don't see any advantages over a nice torch lighter filled w/quality tane. Held a couple inches away I doubt there's even undetectable traces of butane getting in the hit.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
anything with an open flame will outright torch buds and waste some bud. hakko is just more efficient, paid for itself many times over.

H

Huey69

I love my Hakko. There is definitely a taste difference between it and a bic. Much purer flavor this way. And I've had my hakko for over a year now..definitely a worthy investment.

I'm slightly tempted to try out a hakko, but I still don't see any advantages over a nice torch lighter filled w/quality tane. Held a couple inches away I doubt there's even undetectable traces of butane getting in the hit.

The advantage (at least for me) is that you can't lose something that's plugged into the wall:tongue:

Top shelf cannabis, that's funny; I've learned that most cannabis is top shelf if grown properly.

I think it's a cool gismo, anyone remembers what those strings are?

I don't taste butane, myself because I don't suck in the flame. I usually just kiss the butane flame to the top of the herb, or it never even touches. Just using the side of the heat, to bring the plant material to a temperature where combustion occurs. I hate it when people torch my bud, they don't even get a good taste and char all the way down.

This gismo is probably best so assholes don't over fry the herb, I do alright with a lighter. It is a real art smoking herb, you don't need to go using a jet of napalm to get some smoke.

confused

I now have the $40 hakko and bought the stand for it. I don't know how to make the stand work with the hakko and there are no instructions (or they are in Japanese). Any help? About to try this baby out.

Bumble Buddy

I'm thinking of a special bowl where you can insert the Hakko rod into the
bowl (kinda under the bowl in a special slot)
and heat the bowl to vap temp and then just draw through the bong

your picture gave me some ideas

some dutch company has a vaporizer bong but
i want to simplify their design

Yeah the Hakko works great but takes some getting used to, the main problem is that if you get a big glob of oil it can drip off the poker before vaporizing, takes some practice but big blobs can be stretched and balanced on the ceramic. I'd definitely be interested in seeing any improvements due to losing the occasional glob down the stem...

I put a piece of very fine 125 micron stainless steel screen in there after taking these photos, helps catch the occasional wayward glob.

I don't like the "glass nail" vapor dome thingies I've seen, takes a long time to heat those suckers up with a torch. The best I've seen is the "Kut-vape" which is a bong with an inverted bowl, it uses a piece of titanium on a swing arm to vape- there is a video of Kut taking a HUGE hit off one, very impressive; but still it takes a long time with the torch to heat the titanium piece up, and I'm sure I couldn't afford one.

One thing I think might work OK is if there were a mini-clip-on crucible for the Hakko; a tiny metal bowl, possibly ceramic coated.

Gold123

I've read this thread and came to the conclusion that Mr.Tony needs to grow up some. Driving to an airport with a bong in the trunk, enough said, even if he did go to a distant parking lot.
Here is the ultimate ignition source:
I went to China, crossed the border illegaly into North Korea. Purchased fissionable plutonium on the black market. Smuggled it home and centrifuged it down to near pure state. Built a cold fusion reactor and installed the plutonium. I now have a heat source that will last 25,000 years as long as the containment shield lasts. Feel prety safe got the plans from Homer Simpson.
Tony take a break way to many stoner thoughts. If you can taste anything after the first hit your imagining it. Oh and I do have a ceramic iron too, had it for years.

Original

Yeaa This thing is ace!! I'm now "Rockin' the hakko" haha.
Tony - I believe Hakko don't make irons that support 240V power supplies, they are a US company.

I hope my Hakko doesn't explode or anything (because I'm having too much fun)!

Gold123

Yeaa This thing is ace!! I'm now "Rockin' the hakko" haha.
Tony - I believe Hakko don't make irons that support 240V power supplies, they are a US company.

I hope my Hakko doesn't explode or anything (because I'm having too much fun)!

I think not

HAKKO CORPORATION http://www.hakko.com/
HEAD OFFICE
4-5, SHIOKUSA 2-CHOME, NANIWA-KU, OSAKA 556-0024 JAPAN
TEL: +81-6-6561-3225(Oversea sales) FAX: +81-6-6561-8466