What's new

FTA ( free to all ) Summer 16 0z cup Challange

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
could have been caused by the claw issue they are presenting. Overheating to much water ph issue. all could cause claw

smokefrogg

Veteran
could have been caused by the claw issue they are presenting. Overheating to much water ph issue. all could cause claw

in another thread someone was blaming the claw on the small planter, errr beer cup

man i don't know

i do know, that the same seeds are with other people and they are experiencing the same lack of trichome issue as well, so that leads me to believe it may be genetic...i mean, there is lowryder #2 in here, pretty much hemp haha =)

John Deere

Veteran
Hammerhead--great looking buds! I like the wet vs dry comparison.

I checked my trichs tonight. My coco gal is nice and cloudy and maybe just barely starting to show a few ambers. My soil gal is mostly cloudy but no amber yet. I think I'm going to go at least 50% amber on these, maybe more. I generally prefer clear to cloudy but think I'll mix it up a bit.

And nice pix from everyone else, too. It's been fun comparing all the progress to my own.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
in another thread someone was blaming the claw on the small planter, errr beer cup

man i don't know

i do know, that the same seeds are with other people and they are experiencing the same lack of trichome issue as well, so that leads me to believe it may be genetic...i mean, there is lowryder #2 in here, pretty much hemp haha =)

See if you can find a pics and compair. The only time I had a plant that did not have any resin production was from a pure Haze pheno of Jack Herer that was a 20 week strain. I was at 16 weeks and there was barely any trics. I never got to finish her.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Day 64

Day 64

I went ahead and removed all the foliage.

picture.php

picture.php

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
bring it out of them hps and take a pic
Hi HammerHead sorry I took some more pics of the lil lady and I'm posting here :) These are much clearer. I'm a bit slow with resin fingers here :) Harvesting my other crop and I keep finding myself visiting the bong lol.

SumDumGuy - Noice! Looking great! Why did you remove the leaves?
Hi 3dDream, well I started flushing and the leaves were going really yellow so I pulled them. But then I saw all the smaller leaves and started to remove them in order to get maximum light penetration but I'm regretting it now because I may have shocked her into not putting out new calyxes.

Here go the pics:
Cola
picture.php

Bottom
picture.php

Full
picture.php

In Tent Cola
picture.php

In Tent Full
picture.php

In Tent Full 2
picture.php

Thats all she wrote. I hope you guys and gals like my little plant. :) I also wanted to thank RedSpaghetti once again for starting this up - I had a blast!! You guys are ALL Awesome! :) :p

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
I see lots of resin on them buds whats the problem mate.

Thank you HammerHead :) yeah shes a sticky one.. Well she would have produced more calyxes but I think I pulled too many leaves. Nonetheless I'm doing this grow again with 46 plants next. Gonna flower straight from clone.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ya im only going to do 12 but some of those will be males I want six and I want some of the PCK,Bubba(from charlie GARCIA) and some Urkel:)

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
SumDumGuy - It looks like lots of bud to me. I don't think the leaves would matter much (plus I have a better chance now) I bet you will be breaking the 10 gram mark for sure! You are setting the bar! I don't think I'm gonna get past 10 grams, these Hogs have the most airy flowers.

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Ya im only going to do 12 but some of those will be males I want six and I want some of the PCK,Bubba(from charlie GARCIA) and some Urkel:)
Oh man those are sweet strains :) I see you're going to breed huh :) Very nice!

SumDumGuy - It looks like lots of bud to me. I don't think the leaves would matter much (plus I have a better chance now) I bet you will be breaking the 10 gram mark for sure! You are setting the bar! I don't think I'm gonna get past 10 grams, these Hogs have the most airy flowers.
Thank you 3dDream you made me feel better about pulling the leaves and if by any chance it is over 10 grams than I will be super stoked :) The only thing I can add is that I took advantage of my 1000watter since it was in use and dropped my plant right in there. But I don't think your buds are airy bro. We all did well on this project. This is serious practice for whats coming in the future.

KarmasWheele

Veteran
its nice to see your allready counting me out 3d........hehehehe.........

sumdumguy: dum like a fox I see........nice looking cup bro she looks as chunky as mine......maybe even a litte heavier..........

3d: cant wait to see yours start to flower that might not be for another 2 months considering the genetics you chose..........

dimebag : love the 16 oz dwc my guess is in the end you will have the best per cup yeild in the thread..........

smokefrog: yea man some auto strains just never put out lots of resin.......not your fault man.........

jack: you got a late start but should be catching up fairly soon eh?

hammerhead: you bdone smoking yours up yet?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nope I dont smoke that much plus I have about a lb of SLH left and a few oz of black hand pressed hash. The stuff I grow fresh tastes better then the older stuff.

southpaw

Very cool thread guys... awesome budstick there SDG.

This is a Sour Lifesaver clone that was supposed to become a new mother, but she showed a ton of vigor after transplant so I figured I'd give her a beer cup and let her rip. This pic is at about Day 40. It hasn't been a big yielding strain for me, but my guess is there's 7 - 9g dry here, which is a pleasant surprise. Medium is 100% loose bagged coco.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
KarmasWheele - You're still on my radar :) Nice growing!

It should be interesting how this ends up. With that being said, what is the cutoff for this little pony race? It seems like there are still people starting up (i'm a late start myself) When do we stop so we can start a new one? I mean I'd like to do this again and give you all what for. I know I can do better and am sure others would want to try again (some already are).

I am curious, what do you guys think is the 12/12 from cup max yield? Where is the bar? I only have a 250 watt and think 20+ grams is doable. I would think 30+ grams would be very impressive, if not impossible . I think a good grow from seed should be 15-20grams. Again these are just my high bar ideas, like I said before, it should be interesting to see what can be done. People always surprise me.

Good luck to everyone and let's keep improving this. I'm up for it.

Last edited: