What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

FTA ( free to all ) Summer 16 0z cup Challange

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
pine boy - have you ever bottom fed? Get a tray (not too large) and put an inch of water in it so can leave your house. When the tray dries up repeat.

Ok, here is my from clone entry. She did better than I expected considering she didn't get as much light as I wanted and I didn't have time to properly train her. I've been feeding plain water for the last few weeks and she smells heavenly. She's got a spicy-berry-sweet thing going and greasy resin. When she is dry I'll remove all the large stems and weigh her out.

HOG:

previous shots:

smokefrogg

Veteran
omg 3ddream, that little hog kicked some serious ass imho!

i have 3 beer challenge girls left (gave 1 away to live it's life in a green house), and all 3 together i think might equal the amount of bud you're getting from the 1 plant in the first pic, i think you kicked ass and did a fine job man!

re bottom feeding, i'm a complete noob and just was clued into this recently myself, i don't plan on doing much with beer cups in the future but if i do it sure would be a handy way to go, i'd probably do 100% coco for beer cup medium and then just bottom feed so i don't have to water so often, in theory it seems like it'd work out well haha =)

smokefrogg

Veteran
i chopped 2 of mine today, 97 days old, afghan x lowryder #2 f1:
%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

dusted a lil lowryder #2 pollen on this one, looks like seed on top!
%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

KGB

Well this seemed like a good place to post for the first time. I've Been lingering around here long enough.

Ill be entering an O.G. kush clone if im not too late.

The clone was rooted in an EZ cloner and was placed into a 16oz cup of FoxFarms O.F. I let the clone "root" in the cup for 3 days and then immediatly tossed it into the flowering room with the big girls.

Name:Cannaitre
Clones or seeds or both :Clone
Strain:O.G. Kush - Original clone cut
How many: 1
Wattages: 4 kw ambient lighting ( Under the big girls )
Time finish: Started flowering July 15th. 8 week strain.
Medium:Fox Farms Ocean Forest
8 weeks? Have you tried pushing to 70 days? It becomes a whole new plant after day 70 if it is the lanky stretching original OG cut from cali. Just a thought and GREAT choice!

Dimebagg

C99xDC 16oz DWC at about 8 weeks. Not as plump as I had hoped, but shes still looking good. I might let her go a little long to see how much weight she puts on later in flower than I have taken her yet.
picture.php

picture.php

3dDream

Matter that Appreciates Matter
Veteran
Ok, my jar has been curing for a bit. Like I predicted the buds are fluffy. I drag my fingers down the stems to remove the buds because I am not a fan of large stems (like pulling veggies off a skewer with a fork). My final weight is 13.3 grams. Not my best, but not bad either.

smokefrogg

Veteran
okay you guys, the last afghan x lowryder #2 i had in the challenge is done, most i've gotten so far is about 5 g. it's the 3rd plant from the left, the one that's just a long stick with some buds......the blue dream and og hanging on each side next to it were also grown in 16 oz. beer cups, the 1st plant on the left was grown in a 16 oz. beer cup that was hooked into a 22 oz. sapporo can for a massive 38 oz.! lol
%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

P

pine boy

Well ,summers over and my cinnamon haze is finally down.I cut this morning and I am going to miss her high maintenance ass.All she ever did was want and need.The room is going to seem boring now.
I really had fun doing this and learned alot.Hanging the plants from the ceiling was awsome.I want a bicycle wheel and do a trapeze grow with all hanging baskets next:)
I left this haze plants roots exposed the whole time...the sunny side was thick and full when I cut the bottle off...no real issues on the haze but Blubonic's root wanted to algee up so I covered them
I enjoyed the show folks
Thanks for doing this thing:wave:

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow this thread is still going! great job you guys :):)

nothing but quality after quality in here, fantastic !!

i hope soon ill re run a few seed straight 12/12 and some clones 12/12 as well

cheers,
red.

Big Eggy

Veteran
ya sick thread it aint a party without a solo cup

LOL first post on IC, welcome bro!

ahahah

Sorry for bumping this so late but i just read through the whole thing after a link in SumDumGuys signature.

great thread! in the UK we always see these red cups in movies and my Mrs say how come they alway use these red cups.. I've told her to check out ICmag and she laughed.

as for the above quote.. first and only post lol!

marcnh

next 16 oz contest ill have to run a recirculating dwc into a 5 gallon resivoir surrounded with 2 1000w mh, 2 1000w hps, and 4 600w led's with 1500 ppm co2 running critical + which has big bud in it.