What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog

Unclecrash

Where you get the pvc and corner pieces for the netting ? never seen 4 way corners before my purple wreck needs a net for sure viney as hell!!

Unclecrash

Just found them at homedepot didn't know they carried the 4 way they call it furniture grade. A bit cheaper on the link you posted, I did another air layer tonight see if she take's. I was showing a friend who has horrible luck cloning.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Just found them at homedepot didn't know they carried the 4 way they call it furniture grade. A bit cheaper on the link you posted, I did another air layer tonight see if she take's. I was showing a friend who has horrible luck cloning.

Well hopefully he has better luck air layering. And hopefully yours takes as well.

I didnt know Home Depot has them.

Unclecrash

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Formufit-1-in-Furniture-Grade-PVC-4-Way-Tee-in-White-4-Pack-F0014WT-WH-4/205749309 LOL neither did I till I found the link. Ha ha and look at the top of the link says formufit who sells to who. I take it Formufit must sell to homedepot but then again just zipin through the pages LOL high as fuck buddie came by with a care package 5 new strains to sample and two hash's. Alien x plushberry and the high fuck couldn't remember what the rest were oh and sweatband and he only knew which was the plushberry and I will know the Alien because ive smoked it.

whiteberrieS

Altered Catechization
Veteran
Good stuff Crane :tiphat:

So have you ever tried LST'ing the air-layer down to the ground? Saw it in some 70's or 80's grow books, they used to do that and tie em down, one plant with 5-6 root systems grown like vines. Pretty awesome stuff.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Good stuff Crane :tiphat:

So have you ever tried LST'ing the air-layer down to the ground? Saw it in some 70's or 80's grow books, they used to do that and tie em down, one plant with 5-6 root systems grown like vines. Pretty awesome stuff.

No I have not tried that.

I believe Budley was trying that.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Here is the scrog screen after two night periods. It is hard to tell but the plants are growing. Some tips two inches. Not many but a few. It is easy to tell because they are light green and have no DE dust on them.

Another thing I noticed was roots on the out side of the pails. I was not sure at first because this is what it looks like. Hard to see in the picture but is very evident in person.

All the white streaks are roots. I know because I jerked one of the Blue Dreams out of its pot and looked at it.

I watered yesterday. About a quart and a half each. Will not need it tonight.

Top.Shelf

They stretch more when you grow flat as I'm sure you've read. Just had a quick re-read of the thread and appreciate your the level of detail you have included regarding the cloning and time periods. I miss that about grows, dude like soquick back on Overgrow and Heath Robinson on IC included that depth and detail that can make or break your grow when trying to replicate the OP's methods.

This will really help me out when I cut numbers down. Saving time on having to grow the plant to the size you want it is the icing on the cake

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
They stretch more when you grow flat as I'm sure you've read. Just had a quick re-read of the thread and appreciate your the level of detail you have included regarding the cloning and time periods. I miss that about grows, dude like soquick back on Overgrow and Heath Robinson on IC included that depth and detail that can make or break your grow when trying to replicate the OP's methods.

This will really help me out when I cut numbers down. Saving time on having to grow the plant to the size you want it is the icing on the cake

I am glad you like it.

I know what you mean on replication though. At what point is it a clone and when is it not? Some people say it is a clone when in the plug or rock wool cube. Other say when it comes out of the cup. I dont want any confusion as to when I did anything. So now you see it play by play.

My whole reason for the thread is to see if 3 weeks of cloning including veg can produce. I think it will and will compete with a sog for productivity. I mean I have no more than 5 days veg which is what a sog has. When you count the veg is up for debate but not here.

Taking into account the fact that you need mother for both scrog and sog plant numbers rule for most people. And if this can produce like a sog then scrog wins.

So we will have to see how this pans out. And if it does pan out everyone should be able to duplicate it if I log all progress.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Small update. I placed the best clone from a cutting against a bucket as a comparison. I just took a picture of that same clone in as close to the same position as I could. I had to raise the bucket up to get the same level of the coco coir surface as I could. I also placed a cup next to the bucket and square pot for comparison.

I am posting the old picture and the new one together so you can get a idea of the clones growth. It is now about 8 inches tall if stood up straight.

My guess is that it has grown about 3.5 to 4 inches.