What's new

From start of cloning to harvest 13 week scrog

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Pretty shitty @ the transfusion :/ Awful that it happened to his other patients too.

Gonna be trying the air-layer two-pot-pot-plant thing, I'll pop in if it goes well. :p

& you usin the right fiskars?

View Image feel like edward scissorhands with them things.

I'm outta rep an it's only 7 a.m.!! I gotta get a pair or two of them bad boys. They don't make your thumb sore? Part of the reason I switched to the spring loaded fiskars is because regular scissors used to make my thumb sore as hell.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Mother in law is out all night. Yeh!!

So I will leave you with some pictures of the best rooted clone from a cutting. This is a Death Star at day 29 from start of cloning.

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
I'm outta rep an it's only 7 a.m.!! I gotta get a pair or two of them bad boys. They don't make your thumb sore? Part of the reason I switched to the spring loaded fiskars is because regular scissors used to make my thumb sore as hell.

Regular scissors/pruners will give you the carpal tunnel..No soreness here, never trimmed a LB though :p still working on that one.

Once you use em everything else will be uncivilized. ;) break from going crosseyed instead of hand-cramps haha

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Took some pictures of the scrog screen at day 7 of flower. First is the full screen.

Next are shots of different parts of the screen. Two are the back and are kind of thin. The third is the front and it is much fuller.

I think I may unclip the plants and slide them back to fill in the screen more. And then thin out the front some. I am going to start letting them start to grow up in the next 3 to 4 days. At which time I will install the upper screen soon after.

And I got 23 ounces trimmed and out in the last day and a half. So less stressed now.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Now as for comparing things it is time to show the clones from cuttings growth.

Here are the five best clones.

I put a glass jar in the shot to show plant size. Next is the same jar next two the two middle sized plants.

Now to be more accurite I took a picture of the jar with a tape measure. The jar is about 6.5 inches in height.

So they are at day 29 after being cut. Not being a expert in sog I would guess these are the height that you would flower at. Just a guess so some one with experience can say better than I.

But my guess is that these are about right. That puts them a week behind my air layers.

whiteberrieS

brains1ck
Veteran
Took some pictures of the scrog screen at day 7 of flower. First is the full screen.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=64085&pictureid=1529251]View Image[/url]

Next are shots of different parts of the screen. Two are the back and are kind of thin. The third is the front and it is much fuller.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=64085&pictureid=1529250]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=64085&pictureid=1529249]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=64085&pictureid=1529248]View Image[/url]

I think I may unclip the plants and slide them back to fill in the screen more. And then thin out the front some. I am going to start letting them start to grow up in the next 3 to 4 days. At which time I will install the upper screen soon after.

And I got 23 ounces trimmed and out in the last day and a half. So less stressed now.

That might give ya some blisters :biggrin:

Good stuff Crane...week saved at the beginning is a week saved at the end, that's the part that always gets me :bashhead:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
The big thing for me is the plant numbers. I have 5 under my screen. At 4 per foot a sog would need at least 49 plants. That is huge in med states that limit plant numbers.

The only problem with my set up is the back two corners. They are thin and not quite full. Like I said I will move the plants around some to see if I cant fill it in. Otherwise it could reduce yield.

Other than moving the plants to fill in I could have added another plant. This would have filled the thin areas. But at this point I think the biggest point to be made is the fact that yes you can compare a scrog to a sog with yield when time of veg is compared. In other words a sog does not mean more yield in the end. It is just a matter of ensuring that the screen is filled. Some thing I have not completely done as of yet in this grow.

Even at 6 plants under the screen you are under a sog by about 43 plants. That is fricking awesome I think.

:biggrin:

Another way to build a SCROG screen in case you ever need an alternative to the PVC frame / plastic mesh setup.

2x2 w/corner brackets. Pre-drill each screw hole. Double or triple-wrap string at each screw.

Hang off (4) sections of chain - extremely easy to lower and raise (slam the screen to train right from the start then raise as needed).

Cut just one loop at harvest and entire string pulls out.

Extremely tight.

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
damn, i love that one in a thousand thread that has some REAL useful info- thanks icabod

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
now a Q- couldn't you just slice a rapid rooter down the seem and tie it around the branch, wet the rapid rooter then put plastic wrap around the rapid rooter?

Budley Doright

Veteran
hey crane..... good to hear you got those ozs done.....done you can spend some quality time with your wifes mother..... :biggrin:

The pic of the clone in post 169 would be quite nice as the business end of the air layering project Im working on.....

Lots of nodal growth.... and it has the opportunity to be topped at some point during air layering.....

Keep up the good work...:tiphat:

Budley Doright

Veteran
now a Q- couldn't you just slice a rapid rooter down the seem and tie it around the branch, wet the rapid rooter then put plastic wrap around the rapid rooter?

Thats the sort of airlayering Im planning in a month or so....

Dont forget the rooting hormone...use a syringe to re-wet the rapid rooter....

I will be adding it to the airlayering thread in my signature.....

Ichabod Crane

Veteran

Yes you can. I want a little more root mass for the size clone I am taking. The pop bottles work out to about the same size as the cups you see me put the cutting clones. Works out to about 9 ounces.

Glad some one who has been around here as long as you can find this useful.:tiphat:

hey crane..... good to hear you got those ozs done.....done you can spend some quality time with your wifes mother..... :biggrin:

The pic of the clone in post 169 would be quite nice as the business end of the air layering project Im working on.....

Lots of nodal growth.... and it has the opportunity to be topped at some point during air layering.....

Keep up the good work...:tiphat:

This is how the Death Star clone turned out with it spacing. It is because it was under the pure veg bulbs.

:biggrin:

Another way to build a SCROG screen in case you ever need an alternative to the PVC frame / plastic mesh setup.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=63672&pictureid=1529414&thumb=0]View Image[/url]

2x2 w/corner brackets. Pre-drill each screw hole. Double or triple-wrap string at each screw.

Hang off (4) sections of chain - extremely easy to lower and raise (slam the screen to train right from the start then raise as needed).

Cut just one loop at harvest and entire string pulls out.

Extremely tight.

I just dont like wood in my grow. I can see how that would be better than the net to remove. I suppose it could still be made with a PVC pipe frame.

What size are the grids spaced at?

Unclecrash

Well I went 11 for 12 on regular coco clones. But im loosing one of the three air layer clones the first zI did of the tree wilting. Im going to have to go get some dip and grow and try your nute solution. I was winging it on what I have on hand. I still have two more going will see what happens. She held strong for I believe the fourth or fifth day

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Today I moved the plants to get a more even spread on the scrog screen. I moved the two back plants about 8 to 9 inches out towards the corners. I moved the center plant straight towards the back about 4 inches. And finally I moved the two front plants back 3 to 4 inches.

I then tucked everything under the screen. This is what the whole screen looked like when

Also notice in the front of the screen are the clips I removed just before moving the plants.

I think I will now just let the plant grow toward the light at this point. In about 10 to 12 days I will see where the stems are for height and adjust the screen height at that point. That would be 18 to 20 day into flower. With only a week or so of stretch.

When I moved the plants I dont think I damaged the plants all that much. I did snap one branch at the stem. It just split the crotch a little. I dont think it will be anything to get to worried about.

I posted yesterday pictures of the scrog screen. I will now post pictures of the same areas to get a comparison of what has changed by moving the plants. It will take two post do do this because of picture quantity limits.

These are from the back corner of the scrog screen. The next two are as well.

Latest posts

Latest posts