What's new

Freedom 45! 10x12x8 Evolving Vert Retirement Plan!

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Photos from last night

Photos from last night

Here are a few more shots from last night. There are not too many people in the vert section that do DWC, but I love it. The design is based on the Undercurrent systems out there, but they charge an assload of money. They whole set up cost about $200 vs $1200...
I will be redoing my fittings again tonight. The o-rings I used are not cutting it, so I will be making my own gaskets from sheet rubber, and that should do it.
I tried to upload a video from last night, but I probably need to post it on YouTube in order to link it here. Unless someone has any suggestions...
Going to a friend's house for dinner, so be back in a few hours.

Attachments

• PB200031.jpg
    PB200031.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 8
  • PB200034.jpg
    PB200034.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 11
  • PB200037.jpg
    PB200037.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 11
  • PB200044.jpg
    PB200044.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 10
  • PB200046.jpg
    PB200046.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 11
Love it man! Looks great! Vert question, is there a particular fan you use under the hanging bulb because I'm using a 16-18" fan underneith it's causing the bulb to wave around in the strong breeze, afraid it's going to fall down :/

Arminius

Veteran
Love it man! Looks great! Vert question, is there a particular fan you use under the hanging bulb because I'm using a 16-18" fan underneith it's causing the bulb to wave around in the strong breeze, afraid it's going to fall down :/

My fan is adjustable speed and on it's lowest setting. That is what I have seen as common practice.
Did you start a thread here, or over at that"other" site?

bobblehead

Veteran
are you running a chiller? If you don't have one, you're gonna need one.. or with the organics do you use higher temps?

are you running a chiller? If you don't have one, you're gonna need one.. or with the organics do you use higher temps?

I'm using Technaflora nutes. Right after I posted earlier I texted my hydro store owner and asked him if he had a chiller in stock lol. Going to blow off work for a couple hours and go see him tomorrow. Anyone calls me I'll tell them to "Fuck off, I've got work to do." I did install the 6" Vortex fan Saturday or yesterday...drank a lot this weekend.

Arminius

Veteran
I installed my tri-meter last night and my water temperature was too cold! I ended up placing my heater from my Cloner in there until the lights warmed the water up.
After a full light cycle the water was 65 or less. So a chiller at this point is certainly not needed...

Arminius

Veteran
Water temp is still sitting at 65 with lights on. The negative pressure in the room has the passive intakes literally blowing cool air on the res and water lines... Even my membrane on the floor is getting lifted by the suction.
Should be able to get away with a half day at work so I can keep working on dialage...

bobblehead

Veteran
I installed my tri-meter last night and my water temperature was too cold! I ended up placing my heater from my Cloner in there until the lights warmed the water up.
After a full light cycle the water was 65 or less. So a chiller at this point is certainly not needed...

Water temp is still sitting at 65 with lights on. The negative pressure in the room has the passive intakes literally blowing cool air on the res and water lines... Even my membrane on the floor is getting lifted by the suction.
Should be able to get away with a half day at work so I can keep working on dialage...

good to know! I just wouldn't want this to go south... FarmHouseCat was having some issues over the summer in part b/c he didn't have a chiller. It is a lot cooler out now-a-days... So you'll probably get by w/o one till next spring/summer.

Arminius

Veteran
Argh! I am so fucking frustrated with my plumbing connectors, I almost have it down to a couple of dripping fittings. Going to fix that tomorrow, until then a ShamWow under the fittings will have to do.
I want to get in there and train these bitches outwards. After trimming the fan leaves, I need to spread the main branches out. They were crammed too close in the veg room...
My next item is to finish ducting the heater/ac/dehumidifier. Right now it is just drawing air from inside the room, but I know it will function as intended once I do that in the morning. My lights off temps are about 15 degrees cooler than lights on, my goal is less than 10, closer to 7 degree difference.
Too many 16 hour days in a row, but I think I will ready to relax by the end of tomorrow night. Luckily I am off work until next Monday!

AlexTrebek

I'll take leaky pipes for 800!
First snow just fell where I live at so temps are droppin, good job dialing it in Armanius and you'll be killing it soon :x
Grow on!
:tiphat:

Arminius

Veteran
Got my plumbing sorted finally! I found this awesome silicone tape that seals high pressure plumbing leaks. I nominate it for the product of the year.
With the plumbing dialed, I was able to take care of a couple more items. I moved my RO filter over from my veg shed, properly installed the ducting for my climate control unit, did a temporary plumbing job to feed my RO, and set up my humidifier. I will be putting the humidifier on a timer to go on an hour after lights go on, and an hour before they go out. That should ballance my RH where I need it for stretch. It is about 65% with lights off, and 40% with lights on. Hopefully, I can get it to at least 50% with lights on now.
I plan on doing some training of the girls tonight as well. I will try to post some shots tonight or tomorrow.
Happy Evil European Colonizer Day!

Arminius

Veteran
hey A! hows retirement looking?
Hey buddy,
If everything goes as planned I should harvest my first donut mid January, and will have the other two fired up by then. So everything is going according to plan! Just need to look into some semi-legit business ventures after New Years... :watchplant:
How is your field of weed sticks coming along? Been way too busy to keep up with all my subscribed threads...

Arminius

Veteran
I have tried multiple times to get the flowering time for Goosh (Afgooey x OG Kush), but have been unsuccessful... Anyone have and info on the strain, such as nutrient needs, flower time, stretch factor, etc...
From what I can tell, Afgooey is a 9 week strain from Afghani #1 crossed with Maui Haze, and OG Kush is a 6-8 week strain. I suppose it should finish somewhere in between?
Anyways, back from the store, and heading back to the room to train these bitches!