What's new

Freedom 45! 10x12x8 Evolving Vert Retirement Plan!

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Tonight I have resolved a nagging leak in my res... I have had no luck finding a bulkhead with a 1/4" fitting, and the McGyver rigged fitting from the hardware store has been leaking on me for months. I replaced that fitting with a proven 1/2" bulkhead and am going to splice a 1/4" line to my 1/2" line, thanks to the rare helpful hydro store employee at SC Hydro! If it doesn't work, I will let him know about it...
My friend who has been trying to make it as a cloner had to shut his room down for modifications etc... today. I was able to pick up a bunch of cuttings tonight before they got culled. I picked up 6 Blue Dragons (Blueberry X Sour Diesel), which is my personal favorite, 6 HK#1 (Hindu Kush X #1 Skunk)which is a really good smoke, and 3 Blue Dream (for shits and giggles since it is too common locally), but is a very nice smoke. So breaking down my cloner for cleaning was perfect timing. So now I have 12 ECSD, 6 Blue Dragon, 6 HK#1, and 3 Blue Dream in my cloner.
I am going to have to do a spreadsheet to find out how I am going to run these strains into my rotation, and find out what strains I will need to keep as mothers...
Lights come on in the next 20 minutes, and since I will be working out there tonight, I should be able to get some fresh shots of the Goosh in the flower shed.
Be back in 45 or so hopefully (as long as I don't get snatched up by my better half when she gets home...)

Arminius

Veteran
I haven't been back to the "other" site since the "incident". I'm not maintaining a journal anywhere. I figure it's safer that way lol
I hear ya bro! I only go back to that site for a particular thread on edibles that is absolutely amazing! I will be incorporating a lot of those recipes very soon... The hash capsule recipe turned out very well, 3-4 full body high was pretty intense at Raging Waters water park last summer lol...
Did you end up running vert lighting? I know you had some serious space issues last time...

Arminius

Veteran
Photo Update!

Photo Update!

Here are shots from tonight. I upped the nutrient solution to 1200ppm on .7 scale, I will convert to EC tomorrow...
Here is as the lights first came on. With the training I have been doing, the plants are starting to fill in and form the donut.
picture.php

Some close ups...
picture.php

picture.php

An overview with lights warmed up.
picture.php

Some fan leaves from the back sides. Up to 7 blades, and some double serrated.
picture.php

Here is my ECSD mum after cuts were taken last night. Took the 12 best tops last night, and will keep the best 6-8 for veg. I will need to trim up the sides, and will likely trim the roots back a bit once the growth resumes.
picture.php

Here is my current plants in veg, you will notice the dying undergrowth as a result of lack of nutrients, but they are coming back quick.
picture.php

Last edited:
I'm running 1 1000w HPS Hortilux VERT with 6 2gal pots(Ebb & Gro) around it. Growing 3 Super Haze, 1 Purple Haze, 1 Velvet Bud, 1 ACID (so excited to smoke that!!). My wife is running a 600w Dual ARC hortiztal over 6 pot; 3 Great White Shark, 1 Velvet Bud, 1 Pineapple Express, 1 AK-47. Spacing isn't an issue yet, plants are all about 2ft tall, Super Haze is trying to grow above the bulb though. May switch those out for AK-47 clones or ACID clones after Harvest, but I love smoking Super Haze and so does everyone I've given some to lol. I've had ZERO issues with my Ebb & Gro and my plants all look perfect. In my earlier post when I said they drank 15 gals of water, wrong, I just happend to be looking in my res durring the flood cycle and added water. Live and learn lol

Last edited:

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man those GOosh are growing fast! I can hardly wait until you get a hybrid in their, you'll have monsters!

AlexTrebek

Hey Armanius the girls in the flower donut are looking nice and lush, great job!

Capsules at the waterpark must've been hilarious lol.
I did rollercoatsers and brownies at the fair with friends but half of them got sick!

Grow on!
:tiphat:

Arminius

Veteran
Man those GOosh are growing fast! I can hardly wait until you get a hybrid in their, you'll have monsters!
Gotta love the explosive growth of hydro! I have a standing friendly feud with a grower friend of mine, and she swears on organic soil. The other night we were having dinner and she told me that the fact that I do hydro bothers her... I know she was buzzed, and she was ripped on my BHO, but it illustrates the ridiculous positions people take on growing methods. With a proper flush, there is absolutely no way someone should be able to tell if it was grown in hydro. I am going to do a blind taste test on her next time...

Hey Armanius the girls in the flower donut are looking nice and lush, great job!

Capsules at the waterpark must've been hilarious lol.
I did rollercoatsers and brownies at the fair with friends but half of them got sick!

Grow on!
:tiphat:
Thanks Alex! I am not a fan of brownies, at least the ones I have had in the past. Some people think just throwing some ground up herb in the brownie mix is all you need to do, but I don't like eating grass... I am going to be doing all kinds of edibles with BHO extracted into olive oil so they taste like the intended munchy, but will kick your ass! There are a couple of key processes that most people either don't know about, or don't take the time to incorporate into their edibles. Properly decarbing your herb is huge for one. And there are certain oils that make the chemical compounds more bio-available. The hash capsules for example were made from random hash and kief that I had laying around. Decarbed at 200 degrees, then frozen, and decarbed again. Then it was mixed with coconut oil, almond oil, walnut oil, and soy lecithin. The finished product was the most effective full body high that I have experienced...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I cant do hydro because I still have not completely eliminated my heat problem. I still have not had to use my furnace this year. And I live in Northern Michigan. So my grow is fighting global warming. My plants are green too, so take that you pinko commie scum at Berkley.

Arminius

Veteran
We call it Beserkely around here! I live in a commie free zone, at least the 6"personal bubble is commie free...

Those Berkley guy's confuse me. How could any one thing communism has any redeeming value.

How could anyone believe pot is harmful or Hemp isn't worth billions of dollars in industeries, textiles, and jobs. But don't believe us because we're dangerous drug users and I'm crazy high. Or I was yesterday, visited a friend and he let me smoke a bowl of SD. That was dumb because I had to ride for an hour home on my motorcycle higher than a kite. lol:bigeye:

Arminius

Veteran
Well, just came back from a 72 hour power outage... Fucking shit winds blew down so many trees and power lines. I live in a small mountain town among too many redwoods, and the entire valley was out of power since Wednesday (25k+ people).
I was really worried about the plants, and the effect of missing 3 light cycles, and my cuttings just sitting there. On a plus note, the temps in both rooms stayed about 55 degrees, and based on my top off levels, they continued to eat.
Lights on are normally 10pm to 10am, and I am not sure when to set the schedule. They will get 3 hours before lights out again, or I could just let them run through the next off cycle. Anyone have any feedback? I am inclined to leave them on to try to make up on some of the effect.
I assembled one of my screens last night with the light of a fire, and a green headlamp. I am not sure if I will need them for these bushy Indicas, but I will need them for my next run, so what the hell...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I run indicas and use the screen to spread them more than hold them up. But I run the indica in veg with out topping till they are about 30 inches tall then top and pull all the braches that are on the opposite side the light will be on.

Sucks about the lights being out.

Arminius

Veteran
Photo Update!

Photo Update!

I went ahead and installed one screen to see how stable it would be by itself. My screens are a knockoff of Ichabod Crane's, except for the feet. Thanks bro! I attached the frame to the lid since I will need to be able to pull the plants outside of the donut to check roots, etc... Seems pretty stable without being attached to its neighbor.
An overview
picture.php

A closeup
picture.php

Up the backside!
picture.php

Here is a closeup of the base. Unseen is the clamps I used to secure it.
picture.php

My clones are kinda droopy after getting soaked for the first time in 3 days. I should have at least foliar fed, or sprayed the roots... Oh well, we will see what happens.

Arminius

Veteran
Lol, it's peaches and cake bro, peaches and cake... Thanks again for the design ideas!

Latest posts

Latest posts