What's new

Fox Farm Ocean Forest is now recycled soil

B

BigTex

Old thread but I'll post anyway....on my third grow with the same batch of FFOF LC#1 Mix and all is well...at least once I eradicated all the fungus knats. After the second run I began to add a small amount of nutrients each time I reuse it. On the fourth run now...

N

NancyBotwin412

Maybe thats why, when running 28 of the same strain, various plants would throw out gnarly deficiencies where some would look healthy as can be..

I too noticed the soil was not NEARLY as LOAMY as two years ago when I first started..

This just happened to me! My girls were looking great, I got some new FFOF and the pH problems are outta control. I am not a newb and used to use FFOF back in the day. I too noticed the color difference and consistency change immediately. It did not seem as rich and loamy as it did 5+ years ago. I do like Roots Organics soil but it def. is plagued with fungus gnats. I am East Coast, and the price went down to $16 a bag close by me. Usually went for $20+ a bag back in the day, so I picked some up thinking "what a deal!".... well now it is "what a nightmare!" as my next round is all effed up recovering from bad pH.
They used to put oyster shell grit in FFOF but it does not appear to have it anymore either.