What's new

Fox Farm Ocean Forest is now recycled soil

kweezy

i really think i got root aphids from fox farms soil.. i bought a new veg tent and still was using foxfarms soil and they came back.. how can root aphids appear in a brand new, always sealed, never opened tent? im sorry but i blame fox farm, only possible way the root aphids returned was in the soil

Earth Juice makes a product that sounds the part.

Amazon Bloom Soil

peat moss
forest compost
coconut coir
feather meal
bat guano
marinebird fossilized guano
steamed bone meal
sulfate of potash
magnesia from langbenite
neem meal
earthworm castings
sea kelp (ascophyllum nodosum)
humate ore (leonardite)
oyster shell lime (ph adjuster).

* Contains NO perlite - Aprox 30% should be added.
* Although not listed *Amazon *contains Mycorrhizae.

floater

two words. Bumper Crop

it's around $10-12 for a 2 cu ft bag. we've switched over from FFOF. it's just an amazing compost blend, very lightweight. mix with perlite/promix, or mix with straight coco, and it's all over. used bumper crop maybe 7 years ago for the first time, then went over to FF. recently, my grow buddy brought it back into the 'mix' and we both see it working better than the current FFOF.

if i were doing a big outdoor grow, i'd order a pallet of this stuff. or two.
their other products look intriguing, but i've never seen 'em at any store- bumper crop is availible at a lot of local garden shops in my area- another plus!
http://www.coastofmaine.com/masternursery.shtml

trichome

ffof seems to be working ok albeit there are more pests than usual. my retailer assured me that their distributer is located in cali though.

ericcalif

i really think i got root aphids from fox farms soil.. i bought a new veg tent and still was using foxfarms soil and they came back.. how can root aphids appear in a brand new, always sealed, never opened tent? im sorry but i blame fox farm, only possible way the root aphids returned was in the soil

I'm conviced I got root aphids from FF Happy Frog. I've since tried a different soil but my grow is contaminated. I might have to scrap everything to get rid of them.

trichome

I'm conviced I got root aphids from FF Happy Frog. I've since tried a different soil but my grow is contaminated. I might have to scrap everything to get rid of them.

Are you located east or west of the rockies?

Has anyone tried blackgold products as a substitute?

bogfan

You are probably correct in that business is business and it is for insurance purposes. However, Cheeba Hut wouldnt be there without the people they are discriminating against.

Their customers should let them know the error of their ways. We live in a capitalist economy that decides whether busineses fail or survive.Enough bad press and they will be forced to correct their evil wrong ways. Its a lot like cannabis legalization. I buy hemp goods and pay more money for them because I know that in this country, we vote with our dollars. If we buy enough hemp products, there is no way they can keep hemp products illegal.
A drug test is not part of my life and I dont have to deal with it.
The point is that we shouldnt have to adulter our piss from a substance we grew in FOXFARMS soil to get a job there!
What percentage of their sales go to growers?
but I dont want to do business with anyone that I know is discriminating against fellow smokers if I dont have to.

Can anyone find out fd Hydrofarm or Big Mike from AN drug tests employees?

bogfan

Dude,
With all due respect, I believe it is you that doesnt get it. NO ONE FORCED FOX FARMS TO DRUG TEST. Lots of businesses dont drug test. There is no need to alter your piss if there is no drug test.
If there is no drug test, there is no state court to worry about.

We should all boycott businesses that drug tests especially if we have viable alternatives.
Fox farms is just more hypocritical that most businesses in that a large portion of thier profit comes from cannabis growers. We are the ones that pay for and promote businesses that do drug test.
Knowing that, any grower that uses fox farms is a hypocrite and an idiot.

Again, I respect your opinion that it is just a part of life. How can it really be your body if governments control what goes in it.
Slavery was once one of the limitations of the world we lived in. Some people said it was just part of life.

Anyone else out there think that Fox Farms drug testing is cool and we should continue to support them?

maxmurder

Veteran
check it out bog- i know i got root aphids on my mom last year and it had to be the ffof so i switched around different soils and mixes instead, i never got the same happy plants in veg and the transition time at transplant sucked , the finished product wasn't as good and the yield sucked ass... i went back to ffof in veg last week... we'll see.
as for drug testing- fuck man running a business that size with big machines, forklifts etc. i'm positive ff needs to do this for insurance reasons- even if it's just to get a better rate, it's just business. i've known several people who had to start getting drug tested for this reason- but the employer was super cool and would let employees know a week or so in advance with a wink so they could "clean out". just my opinion.

t.rex.

I agree fully with milehimedical. Plus, there are soo many more important things to be passionate about, other than this, an obstacle which is very easily scaled.

bogfan

I guess you are right milehighmedical, two votes for your side, lol.
I just thought this was the particular group of people that should be most offended by this.

t,rex,
Please tell me what else should an out of work pot smoker be more passionate about.

C

CANNATOPIA

I love Fox Farm & use all of their nutrients ,supplements & soils. I have always had good luck. Just bought a new bag a few days ago & no problems. Improper storage & sterilization at Hydro stores & Homes (to me) seems to contribute to many of the pests & problems in many soils.

t.rex.

I guess you are right milehighmedical, two votes for your side, lol.
I just thought this was the particular group of people that should be most offended by this.

t,rex,
Please tell me what else should an out of work pot smoker be more passionate about.

I spend most of my time at my 40 hr/wk job, then i come home and tend garden. After that, i volunteer at animal shelters.
1. Animals

I also have a family that has been torn by hardcore drug and alcohol addiction. It hits hard when i see people going down that road, so i try to help as much as i can.
2. Help recovering addicts

Also, like milehighmedical, i enjoy cars and vintage Harley Pan-heads(I have a nice '61). I keep up my house and personal welfare, and during all of this, i couldnt possibly be bothered to think about how Fox Farms made their employees take a piss-test. :tiphat:

U

UptownShakes

My two cents ...

Everytime I open up a bag of fox farm ocean ... It smells like heaven. I don't even question the quality, the smell alone speaks volumes ... Friggen delicious.

Im now curious about the happy frog .. But the fox farms seems magnificent to me. Now, will the results be as amazing as this delicious soil ... Well so far so good but only the final product will tell. Ill keep ya posted

the gnome

Veteran
i'm in the deep south-east
I bought 12 bags of OF last may and they all looked great,
big chunky perlite but not a lot.
rich and loamy and smelled nice and earthy!
my plants love this stuff!

I still pasturize it @180F for a few hrs just in case.
shit happens and to have tons and tons of soil that sits outdoors at one time or another you gotta expect some bugs to get in it
so I pasturize everything that comes inside.
I'm down to my last 2 bags and this post has me worried.
I'll have to open and check each bag I get from now on.

Latest posts

Latest posts