What's new

Found old seeds: "GD London 1972"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Second, continuing with heavy sprayings of Azamax and Dr. Doom for the next week or so and then releasing every known mite predator in about double the dosage I think I need.

I have had shitty results with predators. They just leave/die. My climate is dry and hot. But I don't want to leave/die/have deformed children because of nasty chemicals. And I don't want to watch as mites destroy these plants that I have worked so hard on.

G`day BR

That would be a waste of good money .
The pesticides you sprayed will kill the predators ...

Mites don`t like water . Mist the plants a cpl of times a day . Remove as many webs as you can with your fingers . And remove infested leaves . Then pray to the entity you worship for cool weather that will slow their roll .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

S

sourpuss

Damn mites..... fuckers..... elmer bud is the man so id take his advice imo.... u got an ac? Good luck bro!

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G`day HBer

Who better to lead you to salvation than a sinner ? he he .

I still don`t smoke the leaves . And the boost in jasmonic acid just might be actually making my flowers more potent so ...

You are aware that mites actually need to feed on the plants to ingest the Neemand be effected of course ?
For a 100 day plant . I don`t spray after about 4 weeks bloom . That leaves 60 days for the mites to take a nibble and then run around in circles not feeding till its time to molt which the Neem interrupts .

Its called Integrated Pest Management HBer . I am managing them to my satisfaction . TY .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Last edited:

shivamouse

Perhaps flooding with CO2 at very high concentrations, leave for an hour or two, I saw a guy killing a millipede infestation this way, it won't kill the eggs, but repeat and create a humid environment (by spraying plants and your gravel a few times a day. Populations will go down dramatically.

Organic, but dangerous as you can die from asphyxiation very quickly in high CO2.

If any of the branches or plants can be dipped in hot water(115-125 degree water) for one minute, then allowed to dry it will help stop the mites. Should kill the eggs on the leaves. Covering the container tops with DE will also help cut them bastards. Both are none toxic. You can add the azamax or aza sol(stronger) solution for added kill strength.
The tallest branches might be a problem to bend into the container. I've used a large and deep rubbermaid as a dunking vessel with good results. Had to heat water on a stove to boil for the temps to stay high in the rubbermaid if you have a few to do. Use a thermometer to check temps. The large ones might not be possible to do. Prune as many leaves off first before you attempt for easy and clean and bomb area to help stop them otherwise you might have to lose to win.

R

recent guest

Wow thanks for all the advice folks. Its good to spread so much knowledge around.

I was gone from the greenhouse and had a friend water inside for a week and a half. I doubt things would have turned out much differently if I were there, but as it were the mites pretty much finished off the diesel and frost monster. Luckily I had pollenated a branch on each with Ace Malawi pollen, but I am upset that I could not cross the diesel with Blueberry as I had intended. Somehow scale showed up too on one of the hazes that had the most mite damage. Luckily, the GD 72 and the Panama were, for the most part, unscathed. I could not stand the sight of my other plants in such a state after the mites and there will be no record of the slaughter here or elsewhere.

In any case, one of the mistakes I know I made was using too many chemicals, albeit all the ones I used were organic or organically derived. That definitely helped to weaken the plants and give the mites an upper hand. Predators were, as mentioned, a waste of time, money, and hope. They are certainly effective in nature, and I watched the 'spider mite destroyer' beetles munch a few mites, but then they flew away when it got too hot. I think the solution in the future is to create a cleaner, more hospitable ecosystem environment inside during the summer to allow more natural balance to take place.

The GD has withstood better than any of the others. She is definitely effected, you can spot one mite here and there, some tiny patches of eggs, and stippling on some leaves, but by and large, she is healthy and vigorous. The mites seem to be going for the panama (and might win), and I have taken to spraying the GD down every morning and day with cool water, and keeping the humidity high. The weather from here on out will be cooler all the time. Now we get to test the plant's grit and iron as she flowers in cooler temperatures while fending off attack.

But, she has a crucial advantage she did not have before. She is not only the only focus of my attention now, shes my only smoke.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

P.S. I now have seeds from GD x Ace Purple Haze, and if all goes well I will have GD x Ace Malawi as well. I hope that these would be interesting crosses for folks to try/watch.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Saw a youtube on DE...
Now this was Outdoor, in a garden...
They used a leaf blower to 'dust' the DE onto the underside of the leaves (topside as well).....

Dust mask required, of course.

Indoors it could coat anything damp with DE!!!!!

Disclaimer::: I have NOT used this method of application personally...

R

recent guest

Saw a youtube on DE...
Now this was Outdoor, in a garden...
They used a leaf blower to 'dust' the DE onto the underside of the leaves (topside as well).....

Dust mask required, of course.

Indoors it could coat anything damp with DE!!!!!

Disclaimer::: I have NOT used this method of application personally...

I could definitely try that. My experience is that water sort of ruins Diatomaceous Earth, but I could be wrong and if I am then I would like to try this. I have no leaf blower but what the hell I can figure something out look at the tying job I have to do.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G`day BR

I`d be wary of blowing DE with a leaf blower .
Dust mask req to visit the garden from there out .

It is effective against insects because its crystals are like shards of broken glass to their bodies . Not some thing I`d want to be inhaling ...

Thanks for sharin

EB .

2 Legal Co

Veteran
BR
A 'shop vac' that the hose can be switched from vac. to blow?

Once the DE settles it should be no worse than applying it by measure?

But NO, you don't want to breath it into your lungs, I'd agree.

R

recent guest

So far spraying her down with water and letting the nights get to 50F, and high humidity in the greenhouse have slowed the progression. I actually see fewer and fewer mites to squash. Slowed their roll.

From the side + rare black lion.
picture.php

From Above
picture.php
picture.php

From Behind
picture.php

For those of you who have waited for two years to see her flower, let it begin:
picture.php

dstark

Just in time ehe:)) hey Bear what is up? Been busy but mainly had lack of time for the board.
I see you had some ups and downs, but mosy ups! Great updates so far.
At last the flowering commencing;)

R

recent guest

Getting closer and closer to full bloom. I am very impressed with many of the characteristics of this plant. She has tendencies that her sister had but her own uniqueness especially smell. This plant's smell is reminding me of the Oldtimer's Haze green pheno I grew this spring, but is taking on a decaying wood/spicy lemon odor. Unique amongst the cannabis varieties I have experienced. Not a very stinky specimen, she is dominated by the panama that shares the gh.

The resin is developing above my expectations, but the buds are slowww to come out. She is crawling toward a december harvest id say, and that is EXACTLY what I wanted and hoped for from these seeds. I hope the effect is on par with the vigor of the growth. I haven't seen any evidence of hermaphrodite tendencies either which I definitely expected.

The flowers lack any density whatsoever, they are wispy and willowy with bulk or volume hopefully coming in the near future.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:dance013:

FUCK YEAH BEAR RIOT :party:

She looks AWESOME! and Mite Free!

The frost is really nice, big glands!

I'm really happy and stoked for you man, seemed like a hard year, and an even more difficult project, but alas, soon it shall reap you rewards!

:wave:

The Revolution

Veteran
Browsed thru the entire thread, is this the first time flowering this girl? very intereting to say the least. Anxious to see how she turns out. Def a very strong sativa. A survivor. U never did get a male? Would be nice to reproduce them, and grow out a large number to try to get an idea of what cultivar your dealing with. Awesome gift from your grandpa neways! Wish u luck, keep us posted.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
Bear
You gonna make Beans?

I just popped 5ea. NL5 hz X SSHaze, seeds from Beanho a week or so ago.... Makin Beans if I get females or both sexes.... lol
Going to try to keep this strain alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.