What's new

Found old seeds: "GD London 1972"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

recent guest

I have been thinking about the tomato plant that she shares that trough with. Its so big now I think it is competing for her root space, but Im just not certain. In any case I can't decide about keeping it, it would be a dramatic change to cut it down but it hasn't really produced that many tomatoes for such an excessively sized plant.

She isn't quite two feet taller but is definitely still growing upward! I'll get a photo when I can.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
that tomato plant will win the root race - best way to plant tomatoes is to buy a big bag of soil - rip a hole in the top - plant hte tomatoe plant as deep into it as you can taking the leaves off and putting the main stalk/stem as far under soil as possible - in aobut 2 weeks from tehre you'll have tripple the sized plant that youve planted and that bag of soil will be full of roots.

id get rid of it pronto since its not even producing.

R

recent guest

Here she is this morning, definitely taller

picture.php

I guess I will take the tomato down. I would rather have a weed to smoke than the occasional tomato.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
You can cut it back/prune it. Tomatoes can be trained too.

Shes really looking good. Not the vine of the 1st time.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
FUCK that tomato plant UP! brother!!!

Listen - you should keep it - very simple.

Make a cutting of the nicest straight stalk with no fruit/flower if you can and then just plant that shit 1 or 2 nodes deep into w/e planting soil mix shit w/e you got. Tomato is another weed if you ask me. Once they get too big they just root out the branches touching the ground.

That Tomato plant is fucking ridiculous lol :good:

GD72 looks GREAT! You have cuts right?

Sweet! Yeah, I second that, cut that tomtom back asap! If you consider that a simple dandelion can rob a decent percentage of nutrients/energy from the soil around it, I would absolutely cut the tom back in favor of your old canna plant.

Is that female the only plant you got from the seeds?

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Ive been lurking around since you first started this thread awhile back.
Glad to see a GD London 72' growing. Very interested in the results as Im sure everybody else is. Woo-Hoo!

R

recent guest

She is making good headway upwards. I have top dressed the trough with some hot compost, and removed that tomato. I mixed five gallons of the compost into the root zone of the former tomato.

Her smell is much more fruity and citric than her sister. Sharp orange tones with some floral and mossy smells too. Her petioles and some parts of the stem are purpling but I think its genetic and not deficiency induced.
picture.php
picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I can't imagine that thing would be getting deficiencies yet with that huge pile of dirt to be mowwing from.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
3 plants?

you like ornamentals? I hate them lol we need food not flowers!

Looking awesome bear! Those babies are going to be some giant bean stocks by the time harvest rolls around hehe any plans to prune or train them? Just wondering..

R

recent guest

3 plants?

you like ornamentals? I hate them lol we need food not flowers!
Yes, I love it when the greenhouse looks good! I spend a lot of time in there looking closely as things. Theres plenty of space for much more food than I can eat!

Looking awesome bear! Those babies are going to be some giant bean stocks by the time harvest rolls around hehe any plans to prune or train them? Just wondering..
Yeah, I've been thinking about that for some time. They are already at about the size that they should be to start flowering if I am to only reach the ceiling. By fall they will be already at the ceiling when flowering begins. I may pull the Haze (farthest from the GD on that side) over as it grows but I'm going to take it as it comes. I have another Haze adjacent to the GD that is pruned into a WILD bush, a pruned caged NYC Diesel, and a bush pruned and supercropped Panama Red.

Haze
picture.php

Panama
picture.php

merc500

whoa ! that haze plant looks killer . ever try a banana plant in the greenhouse it would fit right in ? goingbananas.com has nearly every banana specie

R

recent guest

whoa ! that haze plant looks killer . ever try a banana plant in the greenhouse it would fit right in ? goingbananas.com has nearly every banana specie

LOL goingbananas...

watch the commercial links though, I think the tou says something about not doing that.

Your right about that haze, its killer smoke, at least from the early samples I've taken (thats a clone, the mother is just starting her 23rd week of flowering indoors under 1000 watts, still almost all clear trichomes)

Status
Not open for further replies.