What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Found old seeds: "GD London 1972"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks! No, its a plant count thing. Gotta stay outta the federal pen. She's going to flower naturally in the fall! Good things take time :)

EDIT: Thats why I stay away from Starbucks and Wendy's

:shucks: What? lol

R

recent guest

:shucks: What? lol

I cant have more than 6 plants personally, and my girlfriend also has six. I might be able to add another six when there is another resident living with us, perhaps another 12 if he brings HIS girlfriend. But I much prefer to have 24 different strains, you know what I mean?

R

recent guest

Cool greenhouse!
SMELLS!

So earlier when she was younger I mentioned that rubbing the stem gave a very musky earthen scent...this is still the dominant bouquet, but shes getting a tickle of floral...if you close your eyes and smell her its like smelling freshly dug soil and then having a beautiful girl whisper the word 'flowers' into your ear. Haha. What a high thing of me to say.

R

recent guest

So I was just like, huh, what if Im just smelling soil thats on my hands?? But then I washed them (with soaps that were unscented!) and tried again, and sure enough, earthy tones!

al-k-mist

Maybe they would bee called 'Ice Cream Cone Kid x werewolf kush"
Man, that would be so sick, to have a strain found in a sack from the '72 european tour

I dont know how god the weed was back then, or how consistant. But, us Deadheads have ALWAYS had the best weed, period. Its that magic(or maybe the lysergic magic, or the magic of love, or...)

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
rappers talk about "indo"nesian weed a lot too. I wouldn't read into it much

And I thought 'indo' was ebonics for 'indoor'.

Shes a beauty Bear. Im really happy these seeds fell in your hands. Theyre where they should be bro.

And I see what Ive been waiting to see - the chair. I know Id have myself a nice little nook in there.

R

recent guest

And I thought 'indo' was ebonics for 'indoor'.

Shes a beauty Bear. Im really happy these seeds fell in your hands. Theyre where they should be bro.

And I see what Ive been waiting to see - the chair. I know Id have myself a nice little nook in there.

Pretty much 90% of what I do is sit in that chair and look at my plants, and smoke my other plants. Someone told me once that thats like eating a hamburger in front of a cow, i dont know if i agree though...

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I cant have more than 6 plants personally, and my girlfriend also has six. I might be able to add another six when there is another resident living with us, perhaps another 12 if he brings HIS girlfriend. But I much prefer to have 24 different strains, you know what I mean?

Yeah, but then again, I hope you have a few clones in the fridge or something man.

If you are in cali, you shouldn't fret plant count, guy won vs courts regarding amount of medicine people need. But if its like not your GH and you are only allotted so many plants then thats a bummer, but atleast you get to grow regardless :)

But now we have to sit and wait a grip for this behemoth to flower lol!

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
check out hte stickies in threads.

Its pretty much acquiring cuts, putting them in water, then putting them in a plastic bag with water, sealed in the fridge, but that gets taken care of, you gotta change the water, refresh air. I think clones can last 3 months, or even longer that way :)

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Im gonna have to try chilled clone - sounds delicious. What about light? Do you need to keep em completely deprived of it or run a bulb in the fridge?

I hear you there Bear. Most of my time spent in the pantry is spent being mesmerized by the plants. I get some of my best ideas that way.

R

recent guest

I hear you there Bear. Most of my time spent in the pantry is spent being mesmerized by the plants. I get some of my best ideas that way.

"Jah feel. Jah definitely feel" (21 Jump Street quote?)

So I keep many other living things in the fridge...for sure. In fact a lot of the food in my fridge is alive at some level. Produce stays fresh in there for a long time. If you keep carrots in sand in a cool (fridge like) root cellar all winter, they will still be good in the spring, and in some cases you can even plant them and they will grow larger (and inedible) and flower. Spinach and other leafy greens stay relatively 'alive' (or at least 'fresh') for a short period in there, broccoli, etc.... So Im wondering if another TEK might be to put the clone shoot (or the stem portion, or at least a portion of the stem portion) in moist media like sand or peat moss, then in a plastic bag, with the leafy portion protruding into the cool and 'fresh' air of the fridge compartment? Essentially trying to force dormancy (?). Because of the temperature they probably will not set roots.

Im sure a moist paper towel would work too...but I always try to get unbleached and unadulterated paper towels for everything...7th generation makes them, they are brown. If I wouldn't want to digest it in some form (things like chemicals, bleach and pesticides, but not things like eggshells and rock dust which are not food items but are not unsafe to digest), I wouldnt put it into my compost heaps, and I wouldnt put it in contact with my plants...at least thats how Im trying to live...but I still have vices in this area, of course. I like to drink beer, and I wouldnt feed my plants alcohol for example...but you get the idea.

Of course clone chilling begs a couple of questions: Why would you do this when you could just leave the clones ON the mother plant until you are actually ready to root them. There are answers to that, of course, like traveling/shipping and the like...And why would you put clones in the fridge when you could just root them normally...and again my answer to this is the plant count issue, but if im putting them in there to preserve them in clone form without them setting roots and hence upping my plant count...again, why would I bother when I could just harvest them right before putting the GD 72 into flower in the fall?

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
in your case the answer would be plant count as you have already mentioned.

another would be the elimination of keeping a mother.

however, if you are gonna take clones when you flower and plant counts aren't an issue at that time, then of course that is the preferred method.

i think LyryC was just suggesting the frig clones in an effort to retain these genetics until a suitable male could be found to breed with ;)

best of luck my friend :tiphat:

R

recent guest

i think LyryC was just suggesting the frig clones in an effort to retain these genetics until a suitable male could be found to breed with ;)

best of luck my friend :tiphat:

Thats priority for sure. In the eventuality that none of the other seeds germinates, Im thinking an Oldtimer's Haze male from Ace would do the trick, then maybe breed some of the F2 progeny with the clone I take? Inbreeding, or backcrossing?

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
/QUOTE]

What he said :) Just looking out bear riot. you had the GH heat problem, so something might just fall outa the sky on your girl :p hahahaha knock on wood, but yeah you get the point :)

What you smoking?

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Thats priority for sure. In the eventuality that none of the other seeds germinates, Im thinking an Oldtimer's Haze male from Ace would do the trick, then maybe breed some of the F2 progeny with the clone I take? Inbreeding, or backcrossing?

If I may offer some suggestions.

Yes, I believe backcrossing like you describe is a good plan. Of course, the devil is always in the details. I see a few options that may increase chances of success.

Option 1: Grow a pool of OT Haze x Mystery Mom males and mix up the pollen equally for fertilizing the Mystery Mom. Then spread the results around to lots of friends in the hopes of finding and getting back a superior offspring.

Option 2: Grow the OT Haze x Mystery Mom males one at a time and test the children of these males using a control mother plant so the males can be judged by the offspring of the crosses with the exact same mother. Use a mother other than the Mystery Mom so that you are judging the OTH x MM male, and not the Mystery Mother itself. Then use that selected male for backcrossing to the Mystery Mom. Then send the results to all your friends for the purpose of improving the gene pool for the world's benefit.

Option 3: Just enjoy the Mystery Mom and spread cuttings around freely letting others pollen chuck around until the gene pool quality is increased by the mother's genetics alone.

This is all predicated on the assumption that the Mystery Mom is something special. The worst that could happen is that the Mystery Mom is hoarded and then lost when something falls out of the sky on your girl. This has happened to me an embarrassingly number of times, to my shame.

My two cents,

ThaiBliss

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You could hit one branch with silver and make some S1,s , if no male is available.

Growing a few out could reveal something of its stability and potential , most older seed i have grown out have been prone to hermi a little indoors , should not be a problem in your setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts