What's new

Found old seeds: "GD London 1972"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inspiring thread.

A couple of old heads dropped a wealth of late 70's seeds on me recently. All are labelled with a year and a little identifying info such as 'colombian 78' 'thai 77' or 'frank 77'. I have a dozen varieties, hundreds of each!

As this thread inspired me I've decided to put twenty 'frank 77s' into a matchbox with some sandpaper as we speak. Wish me luck!

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Why make it so complicated? Just root a clone of her lol... One clone shouldn't be THAT difficult to get away with, or does your state also obligate you to check in with federal officers on a consistent basis? Like LyryC was saying, if you are in Cali you shouldn't trip on plant counts below 90-99, my doc told me to stay under 90 and I'd be cherry...

This thread is awesome btw, thank you for sharing. GD London 72 is looking like some kill Sativa.

R

recent guest

Inspiring thread.

A couple of old heads dropped a wealth of late 70's seeds on me recently. All are labelled with a year and a little identifying info such as 'colombian 78' 'thai 77' or 'frank 77'. I have a dozen varieties, hundreds of each!

As this thread inspired me I've decided to put twenty 'frank 77s' into a matchbox with some sandpaper as we speak. Wish me luck!

Thats awesome and really exciting. Can you keep us updated? Feel free to post pics etc here. It would be cool to cross the GD 72 with something like that. A fresh haze line!

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Great find. Ignore any negative comments, I get great vibes from this thread.

One thing - I'm not sure if Ace's Haze line is worked extensively, but generally speaking Haze is a pretty highly heterozygous plant. I'm not sure it would be the ideal partner to backcross with.

You would have an easier time isolating and stabilizing with a relatively stable landrace sativa.

Of course the ideal scenario would be if you found a male in the other seeds.

I will be following this one. It made me stop trimming and read through the entire thing.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day BR

What you want is a sub dominant male .
I saw this 1st hand recently . I was gifted 2 batches of C5 x Ortega seeds .Different males were used in each batch . One batch I could see the blending of the Male with the old NL5 / Hz C cut . The other male was waaay less influential . The old C5 cut shone through . This male was kept the other culled .
The breeder did the same process with 2 La Nina males . Similar results . One male was much more dominant than the other .
So a group of males all aimed at your GD . Then progeny testing and onward .

EB .

Luck, P! I hope you consider starting a thread. Any backstory on 'frank'?

Not really cause several varieties were passed at the same time, and I didn't get a seperate story for each. But if I get the chance, I will ask about 'frank'. The reason I chose the 'frank' seeds is because there were several hundred, and not as many of the other types. Just in case the sprouting does not go well.

Thats awesome and really exciting. Can you keep us updated? Feel free to post pics etc here. It would be cool to cross the GD 72 with something like that. A fresh haze line!

Sure! Today, I will carry around the matchbox in my pocket. I was going to just shake it with my hands, but it seemed to violent. Tonight I will germ them. I'll throw some photos up when I have more time. :tiphat:

Edit: One question I have is that if these seeds are really valuable, should I give many to an experienced breeder like Tom Hill? Or are they not quite that valuable?

CoMedUsr

Epic thread, fuck the haters! I love it, greenhouse is looking slick too. What are your plans on flowering the GD72 as we have a short growing season here?

btw, I'm in Colorado as well! Get your med card with your gf. You can get a card with higher plant counts. I can recommend a place in the front range from afoaf. This will allow for more flowering plants, easier to closet breed, etc.

:tiphat:

Well, here's a start.

To the matchbox pictured a piece of medium grit sanding sponge was jammed to fit, as I felt the matchbox sides pictured were not scratchy enough.

Ultimately, I actually scratched several by holding one at a time and scratching with the sponge. But then I dropped one and bumped the container, so I stopped the one by one scruffing then. lol.

Allright, let's just see what these 21 'frank 77's' can do in the towel!

Attachments

• P4090484.jpg
    P4090484.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 14
  • P4100486.jpg
    P4100486.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 14
  • P4100488.jpg
    P4100488.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 11
  • P4100491.jpg
    P4100491.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 12
Well, here's a start.

To the matchbox pictured a piece of medium grit sanding sponge was jammed to fit, as I felt the matchbox sides pictured were not scratchy enough.

Ultimately, I actually scratched several by holding one at a time and scratching with the sponge. But then I dropped one and bumped the container, so I stopped the one by one scruffing then. lol.

Allright, let's just see what these 21 'frank 77's' can do in the towel!

START A THREAD HOMMIE:biggrin::thank you::woohoo:

R

recent guest

Well, I officially need some advice here. I topped this girl ONCE about two months ago, and she has only gained an inch of height since then. She refuses to grow up. I top ALL her lower tips every two weeks to try to kick growth upwards but every effort results in absolutely WILD and out of control branching. She is even growing DOWN now, below the rim of the pot. Her shape was great for my cat menagerie, because they love to shade up beneath her foliage. I was letting this happen for a while, but then one of my cats, Fritz, gave me a scare because he didnt show up for a couple days. It wasnt until I watered the GD that I realized he had just been holed up in there as if it were his den. He shot out all wet and in a huff. Anyway I dont know what to do with this girl, she is way wild.

R

recent guest

Edit: One question I have is that if these seeds are really valuable, should I give many to an experienced breeder like Tom Hill? Or are they not quite that valuable?

Man, in my humble opinion, all value in seeds is intrinsic as opposed to financial. This means that the more you give them away, the more people who have them, the more they grow and the wider they spread, the more value we all share together.

Thats a pretty leftist philosophy, but seriously, when the alternative is Monsanto's philosophy...or....Arjan's... whatever, im not going to take sides but I really think that selling seeds is wrong. How do you expect to 'overgrow the government' as they say if your still contributing to the 'profit complex crisis'?

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Is setting up a scrog around her a possiblity? Train her up through it. Maybe surround her with a verticle net and train her up it.

I don't think topping bottom branches is going to help at all, just makes more bottom tips. You may have to completely remove the bottom branches. That might not help either - her habit seems to be outward growth.

R

recent guest

She is doing really well, but still very little upward growth. Wildgrow, it might look like I did the opposite of what you recommended, but in the long run Im going to do what you recommended. More lower tops are going to be conducive to some heavy training/staking/screening in a couple of weeks.

I think Im going to make her into the shape of...a duck.

picture.php
picture.php

And look at the WILD WILD angles and structure. Looks like it just came from the jungle.
picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I think Im going to make her into the shape of...a duck.

:laughing: Laughing My Ass Off!!!!! :laughing:

Duuuuude!

Actually, I think your pruning is when done. This should reduce the danger of mold, which is can be dangerous because greenhouses can tend to be too humid.

All the Best,

ThaiBliss

R

recent guest

:laughing: Laughing My Ass Off!!!!! :laughing:

Duuuuude!

Actually, I think your pruning is when done. This should reduce the danger of mold, which is can be dangerous because greenhouses can tend to be too humid.

All the Best,

ThaiBliss

Thanks! Yeah i thought that it would be nice to have access to the soil surface without having to move branches around. Also, I think I have mentioned that my cats love to shade up in the cavern under there...and when I water the plant I cant see them, and they come SHOOTING out all soaked, which is dangerous because they are just so destructive.

ALSO:

Im going to link to the Oldtimer's Haze thread. Check out my fertilization technique on there! :) Im linking to this thread because I think everyone should check it out and tell me what they think about OTH as a potential parent strain!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=5727859#post5727859

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts