What's new

Formula 1 2011

Big Eggy

Veteran
^^ I bet an aussie would say the opersit.. lol.. but Jensen is a cool cucumber!

I've updated the first page with the next race date and current standings.. also added the constructors table.

Eggy

C

CLOWD11

f1 is the shizzle, i jumped up a screamed when button had vettle after his mistake, button is the best driver in f1 not for skill but for composier, he is my favorite, he always has time to talk to the camera he is always smileing,
Yeah button is one cool dude, i was hoping vettel would choke and did on the last lap lol
I was also secretly hoping schu would win for old times sake. If schu had DRS he could have flogged those relying technology over driver skill.
Wow the renaults did well too racewise, until ...

unlike webber man i hate that dude, he is such a miserable bastard, he strikes me as a bloke that has always been a winner and cant stand loosing. i bet he has had everything handed on a plate in life to.
Born with a silver spoon hanging out of an orifice. Mummy and daddy bought him the best carts and flew him all over the world competing.

^^ I bet an aussie would say the opersit.. lol.. but Jensen is a cool cucumber!
Bah, half us aussies think he is fkn twit that cant drive, relying on cheating redbull to steal podiums from better drivers.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Bah, half us aussies :gday: think he is fkn twit that cant drive, relying on cheating redbull to steal podiums from better drivers.

Last year i was really hoping he would win the title.. but i think it's in the british mind set to support the underdog, we have to with a football team like we have :)

2-2 vurses Switzerland??? how can a team be so bad when we have one of the most compettative leagues in the world? Capelo said they were tired..

Really i thought they only had to play football for a living!

mrbiggs

ICMag Donor
p1 and p2 Valencia, on bbci player.
Just a little reminder for you all..
Happy Racing.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Nice one mr biggs.. Just got back from driving home from cornwall.. Took 6 hours with two kids in the car. Will be looking forward to catching up tonight.

mrbiggs

ICMag Donor
Wow Eggy, i think you deserve some F1 after a 6 hour drive with two bambino's/bambina's, daddies gotta do what daddies gotta do.
Stress and joy seem to come hand in hand with children.

As for Valencia, i thing we got a good race coming.
Alot of teams are having trouble with rear grip, Mclaren being one of them.
It will be interesting to see Qually now that they have banned any engine mapping changes between qually and the race??.
And Ferrari look really good, as do Renault.
Roll on Q1......

Big Eggy

Veteran
Somethings not right... Just put the little ones down for lunch time nap and then proceeded to clean the fridge. The mrs comes down and says i'll do that go and watch the F1.. I feel i'm gonna regret this.

C

CLOWD11

Yet another excellent drive from Vettel.

Who would have guessed 24 from 24 starters would actualy finish the race. This means one thing to me. What a boring fkn track.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Have not managed to watch the Race yet, way to nice yuesterday so i got a good lot of work done in the garden..

Managed to not read the above post and had to switch the radio off on the way to work when the sports news came on.

I've got the race saved on my phone so will be able to watch the first hour at lunch.. i hope i'm in for a treat?

Eggy

mrbiggs

ICMag Donor
Really boring race. Alonso drove well.

Well it seems Mclaren's pace on hot tracks is not too good.?

Big Eggy

Veteran
Yep it was boring : (

Nearly fell asleep on the last few laps.

a few funny moments though.. i liked when Alonso was coming out of the pits and webber past they after the first few corners when they were battling maldonado just apeared from nowhere.. Brundle: "maldonado seems to have joined from another circuit"

and Lewis's team radio "Lewis your doing purples, please look after your tyers watch your pace" Lewis: "I cant go any slower"

Has anyone heard anything more on BBC's plans to ditch Formula 1? i read a small artical in the sunday times that it's the most expensive program on the BBC costing £1 per viewer.. i think they said the average was 7p.

Cost of showing F1 annully is they same as BBC4's budget.. now i like BBC4 for some of the documentarys on History and Botany but would be sad if they axed F1 to pay for it.

I think the BBC's coverage is Awsome! but wouldn't mind if it went back to ITV or even C5 but i cant see them wanting it, And theres no way i'm paying for Sky Sports if they take it on.. I dont watch any other sports and couldn't justify buying a package to watch the GP every other week.

Lets hope the BBC see the light.

Here's an artical on F1.co.uk
Eggy

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
not too exciting :(

same with any sport though, you can't expect a classic everytime!

Silverstone should be good!

I hope it stays with the bbc too.

cheers all :)

P.s I dont have a tv license, but i do rinse bbc iplayer

Big Eggy

Veteran
Just Coming down the M40 after viewing some new office's for my works move and saw the Ferrari F1 trucks.

Only 2 days till P1 YAY!

mrbiggs

ICMag Donor
Should have waited for the red bulls and took em off the road.
hopefully it will be a good race.?

Big Eggy

Veteran
Intresting P1.

M Schumacher goes second fastest with a 1:47.263.. Tipping down here and i'm not to far away from the action.

Lets see what P2 brings us.. anyone watching this on the red button? what was Kobi's crashed caused by?.. driver error in the wet?

picture.php

I wanna see the Mclarens up there! Come on boys!
picture.php

Big Eggy

Veteran
Nice.. Schumacher does the fastest lap in the dying seconds with a 1:49.967

Not as fast a Webbers 1:46.603 this morning.

Looks like we have rain forecast for the start of Quali @ 13:00pm.. Just in time for me to get out of the garden and the kids will be in bed.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Raining here too! I bet silverstone is awesome for fans when it's sunny, but me being at home on the sofa I hope it rains! :)

mrbiggs

ICMag Donor
Just got home, and catching up now.
ooo Kobay just crashed, wow, went a little wide and tried to keep his foot down twitched on the astro, got sideways and nearly flipped it.

Thats right Eggy. Come on you Brits.
Rain for the race ay Mitch, that would be interesting.
Qulai could be fucked for anyone caught out by the rain, they need to get out fast if it's dry.