What's new

For those TRAITORS who think cannabis should be taxed

N

NOYB

The bottom line is, once it's legalized, taxed or not, there will be such a surplus within the first year that people wont have to pay 20 bucks a gram for good bud any longer from dispensories..... And sick people will actually be able to afford to buy it...
$10 a gram is at least twice what it 'should' be maximum IMO. IF legalized then I would expect the price to drop significantly. A buddy ran a med farm and was supplying 'patients' at $200 per oz above their 'quota', gave them like 1-2 oz per month to them (their 'quota') for holding their paperwork and that was under some pretty tight restrictions regarding canopy size, plant count, etc. He made a 'living' just fine. He also gave away about half of what he grew and many, many clones went out the door for almost nothing. Once larger scale production goes outside prices go waaay down. Just look at how much it costs to buy many herbs, per lb, in a health food store...lol.

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
If and when weed is legalized in Cali,

Here in California it is already legal. Hello, name one person who is legally restricted from enjoying the benefits of mmj here now? Exactly nobody. The laws on the books are moot with prop 215. You aren't from here so you obviously would be ignorant of the true situation.

It's already legal. So it makes the rest of the trash you posted pointless.

just don't buy from stores and grow it yourself. No taxes there. Just let the taxable weed sit in the stores.... Buds legal and people are protected from being arrested. Compliment the State on what a good idea it is and then don't buy any taxed buds, lol..... It shouldn't be long before Californians can get the price down to around 10 a gram, like it should be.....

The bottom line is, once it's legalized, taxed or not, there will be such a surplus within the first year that people wont have to pay 20 bucks a gram for good bud any longer from dispensories..... And sick people will actually be able to afford to buy it...

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you saying that people that aren't med patients can sit on their front porches and smoke pot and not worry about being arrested?

I didn't think so.....

N

NOYB

Are you saying that people that aren't med patients can sit on their front porches and smoke pot and not worry about being arrested?
In the county I live in Cali it would be foolish to handle MJ in any way, shape or form and not be papered. I tell all my friends to get their frikkin paperwork.

Hello, name one person who is legally restricted from enjoying the benefits of mmj here now? Exactly nobody.
Sorry dude...in Siskiyou county you're screwed if not papered. Maybe some precedent needs to be set so maybe have someone you know who is not papered come up and sit in front of the Mt. Shasta police department on the corner of the main intersection with a bag out in the open and start puffing. I'd like to see how their case turns out.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
$10 a gram is at least twice what it 'should' be maximum IMO. IF legalized then I would expect the price to drop significantly. A buddy ran a med farm and was supplying 'patients' at $200 per oz above their 'quota', gave them like 1-2 oz per month to them (their 'quota') for holding their paperwork and that was under some pretty tight restrictions regarding canopy size, plant count, etc. He made a 'living' just fine. He also gave away about half of what he grew and many, many clones went out the door for almost nothing. Once larger scale production goes outside prices go waaay down. Just look at how much it costs to buy many herbs, per lb, in a health food store...lol.

Your buddy should be commended as being a good man.....

PharmaCan

Veteran
In the county I live in Cali it would be foolish to handle MJ in any way, shape or form and not be papered. I tell all my friends to get their frikkin paperwork.

Sorry dude...in Siskiyou county you're screwed if not papered. Maybe some precedent needs to be set so maybe have someone you know who is not papered come up and sit in front of the Mt. Shasta police department on the corner of the main intersection with a bag out in the open and start puffing. I'd like to see how their case turns out.

I think you misunderstand the anagrams. MMJ is medical marijuana.

PC

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have no clue how FF feels weed is legal. It's only legal if you are a med patient....

So like I said before, you people need to set a precedent and legalize, even if it is with taxes. Then just grow your own and let the State KYA.....

PharmaCan

Veteran
I have no clue how FF feels weed is legal. It's only legal if you are a med patient....

So like I said before, you people need to set a precedent and legalize, even if it is with taxes. Then just grow your own and let the State KYA.....

The thing is, anyone can get a med rec. and be legal, right now. The $100 - $150 for the med rec is a lot less than the taxes one would be paying if they smoke more than 2-3 ounces per year.

So, really, we have no motivation to support a lousy initiative just for the sake of legalization.

PC

N

NOYB

The thing is, anyone can get a med rec. and be legal, right now.
Absolutely...I've had my rec for about 5 years running now. It's simply STUPID to not have a rec in Cali and have seen many get in trouble otherwise and even attorneys telling clients they should have just gotten their paperwork.

While not having looked into it the 'legalization' thing should not be just about taxes but reformation of the current system. If people can freely and openly grow for sure that would affect prices...and look forward to it. If just for taxes easy to see how some would want the price to stay high for better tax revenues.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The thing is, anyone can get a med rec. and be legal, right now. The $100 - $150 for the med rec is a lot less than the taxes one would be paying if they smoke more than 2-3 ounces per year.

So, really, we have no motivation to support a lousy initiative just for the sake of legalization.

PC

So what you are saying is people should pretend to be sick so they can bow down and be legal to smoke a plant that God put on this Earth? I'll pass on that, thank you. Someone else can bow down if they want....

All that's going to do is drive the price up for those that are really sick and can't grow their own. I guess that benefits the people that want it to stay illegal so they can continue to gram ounces out for 500 plus...

I got an equation for those that want it to stay illegal for their financial benefit.....

Legalization=more growers=increased supply=lower prices=no need for high priced dispensories

Possum

i still say - any sales transaction CAN be taxed. but if you want to grow your own, that's awesome.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Taxes? Depends on usage.
If sold over the counter like alcohol they're gonna tax it.
If sold as medicine, no taxes like my scrips aren't taxed.
Ideal solution? Just legalize it and let everyone grow their own. The taxes on sales at the stores from products used to grow it would go through the roof.

nephilthim

its all self medication,the dr license is the tax of which if your profecient at growing your own a dispensary is irrelevant.futhermore you assume facts not in evidence by assuming you would have to lie to a dr.if you were honest that you use cannabis to sleep,relax,back muscle pain etc then you would probably qualify especially if your honest about prior usage and amounts used.
futhermore a recomendation to grow is all that is needed while good to have legal,an expired rec will still qualify as a recomendation and indemnify an individual from prosecution.

N

NOYB

Hey FF'r - A friend recently opened a 501(c)3 co-op and had a chance to talk to him so this stuff is of more interest to me. Are 'you' a 501(3)c? I see you list yourself as a CEO of California Cannabis Incorporated.

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran

I didn't think so.....

Bro I can smoke on Arnold's front porch at the state capital. Puhleaze getta clue!

You don't live here so you can't really fathom whats up in California.

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran

Dude once again proof that you are clueless on the subject. All it takes to be a medical mj patient in California is a pulse, and a California ID. Anyone and everyone can be a med patient. It was done that way one purpose.

The precedents have been being set in court already. Next month the state supreme court is going to make a decision on plant limits and if they are an ammendment to prop 215. Since multiple courts have said so, odds are that they will too.

Courts have already ruled that collectives can legally sell weed per state laws.

Dude you have no clue just how legal it truely is in California. Even w/o a med card the fine for possesion of an ounce or less is $100 (the Oaksterdam initiative only covers an ounce remember, and they want $50 on every ounce instead of $100 if you happen to get caught).

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
Hey FF'r - A friend recently opened a 501(c)3 co-op and had a chance to talk to him so this stuff is of more interest to me. Are 'you' a 501(3)c? I see you list yourself as a CEO of California Cannabis Incorporated.

Actually our status with the IRS is a a for profit corporation. Not going to take the chances of having an arguement with the feds over income taxes derived from Cannabis.

PharmaCan

Veteran
So what you are saying is people should pretend to be sick so they can bow down and be legal to smoke a plant that God put on this Earth? I'll pass on that, thank you. Someone else can bow down if they want....

All that's going to do is drive the price up for those that are really sick and can't grow their own. I guess that benefits the people that want it to stay illegal so they can continue to gram ounces out for 500 plus...

I got an equation for those that want it to stay illegal for their financial benefit.....

Legalization=more growers=increased supply=lower prices=no need for high priced dispensories

In many ways, I agree with you. But I also don't think we should get stuck with a bad law. Once on the books, bad laws only tend to get worse. It's not going to be a disaster if we have to wait until 2012 for a good initiative. I work within the legal framework of Prop. 215 and sell meds really cheap to the members of the co-op. So, if the price of meds goes down 50%, I truly couldn't give a rat's ass because the people in the co-op are getting a better deal than that right now.

I honestly don't see the price of mj dropping a lot even when re-legalized. As someone else pointed out, there's a robust market for mj at the current price, sellers wouldn't have much motivation to sell it cheaper.

You also have to consider that, once the states start re-legalizing, the federal government is going to re-legalize and step in with their own set of taxes.

I get sick of hearing "do it for the kids - Give it to the schools". All that means is give it to the already over-paid state employees and the state employee pension fund. If they're going to tax, the money should be given back to local communities, from whence it originated, and let it be spent on local projects that will benefit actual people. Schools and environmental stuff and health care are friggin' black holes here in California and it's a shame to have a new tax that just feeds them more. In California, the amount of money that goes to schools is legally set at a certain percentage of the state budget. So the state can't say, "OK - you got $1billion from the mj tax so we're going to take $1billion from what we give you". Nope, not here, the state can't do that. Any money schools get from the mj tax, and you can bet they will get the lion's share of it, is just free money to them. Billions of dollars to waste as they see fit.

PC