What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

For those TRAITORS who think cannabis should be taxed

M

Marywanna

Wags,I don't agree,I am just resigned to the fact that the hacks in politics don't do anything for us regular citizens,except tax the shit out of us. Even when you die. Taxation is illegal and unfair. March on Lansing Michigan for MMJ tomorrow. Bet you won't see shit about it in the national news.Those bums better listen,don't take away our meds.The people of Michigan approved MMJ law by 63%. Listen or we will vote your lame asses out of office.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
ROFL - I was one of them.

But, at what cost. Sorry, but your contention that a bad law is good because it will start a national dialogue simply isn't reason enough to pass a bad law. Anyway, there already is a national dialogue vis-a-vis the mmj movement.

PC

Well, if you were around in the '70s, observed the dialogue concerning amnesty, and don't understand why the amnesty portion of the CCI makes it DOA you have my pity.

You and your fellows keep calling TC201 a 'bad law', but insisting on a thing does not make it so. It's only a 'bad law' in your mind because it doesn't give you every thing you desire. That compromise is necessary in order to achieve any of what we want to happen eludes you.

Koroz

Well, if you were around in the '70s, observed the dialogue concerning amnesty, and don't understand why the amnesty portion of the CCI makes it DOA you have my pity.

You and your fellows keep calling TC201 a 'bad law', but insisting on a thing does not make it so. It's only a 'bad law' in your mind because it doesn't give you every thing you desire. That compromise is necessary in order to achieve any of what we want to happen eludes you.

No its a bad law because it allows local governments to ignore the will of the people in its districts who voted YES on the initiative, to then turn around and deny them the right to purchase or sell cannabis at a local level, regardless if the majority of those people voted yes for Tax Canna or not.. Had they changed the wording to make them get a vote from the local constituents it would be a whole different story.

As for your other comment, comparing the 70's to today is ridiculous, for right or wrong.

Wake up.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
I'm not 'comparing today to the '70s'. I'm giving a specific example where a significant majority had come to the conclusion that the Viet Nam war was immoral and wrong, and it was still extremely hard politically to push through amnesty for the draft dodgers because a significant percentage of the population believes that if you break the law you should be punished, and they don't really give a fuck about the content of the law.

If things are really much different now than then, it's people are more anal and restrictive than then. But it's absurd to submit that been a sea change in the overall population in 30 years. Those that ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

I guess it's impossible to have this dialogue in a reasonable and non-confrontational tone. The fanatics are going to fuck this up again, and continue to insist that their tiny minority can make demands antithetical to the views of the majority and push through their fantasy 'should be's'. We remain stuck in the mud, and instead of getting out and pushing you guys just sit around insisting that we shouldn't be stuck in the mud, that if we can't move the vehicle through levitation to the blacktop that we should just remain where we are.

Good luck getting that fantasy amnesty passed. Hey while you're at it, get them to institute world peace overnight, will ya?

PharmaCan

Veteran

The last thing I need or want is pity from someone as ignorant as you. Regardless, your memories of the 70's and the Viet Nam amnesty are quite different than mine.

You and your attitude that you have the last word on this debate and how anyone that disagrees with your opinion are extremist losers is pathetic. Not only do you not have the intelligence to objectively analyze both initiatives, you also lack a basic understanding of human nature. While I will never dispute your right to express your opinion, I will tell you that you are a complete asshole for constantly insisting that your opinion is the only one that matters. :nanana:

PC

B

BioMechanical

Sad state of affairs when "Adults" can't have a discussion without resorting to insults and name calling. Grow up already :noway:

all you californians have grown complacent with your prop 215, and your nice little dispensaries where you can get whatever the FUCK you want hmm i feel like some bubba kush and some amber glass today! you obviously dont remember what its like to live in a draconian state where cops choke people to death for swallowing a gram of weed. quit being so naive and selfish and think about the consequences of not passing any bill. our country is finally on the verge of legalization and your going to let some silly ounce tax stop the whole thing? oh and the 5x5 thing. come on people. change needs to sweep across america NOW. i want protection damnit! if our laws dont change soon im moving to cali. seriously you have dispensaries, we have mexican schwag and homegrown.
you can walk through berkely university blazin' a huge spliff, and i walk into a gas station smelling like weed and get told the cops are on their way.
this bill will benefit other states more than california and thats why it should be passed.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
all you californians have grown complacent with your prop 215, and your nice little dispensaries where you can get whatever the FUCK you want hmm i feel like some bubba kush and some amber glass today! you obviously dont remember what its like to live in a draconian state where cops choke people to death for swallowing a gram of weed. quit being so naive and selfish and think about the consequences of not passing any bill. our country is finally on the verge of legalization and your going to let some silly ounce tax stop the whole thing? oh and the 5x5 thing. come on people. change needs to sweep across america NOW. i want protection damnit! if our laws dont change soon im moving to cali. seriously you have dispensaries, we have mexican schwag and homegrown.
you can walk through berkely university blazin' a huge spliff, and i walk into a gas station smelling like weed and get told the cops are on their way.
this bill will benefit other states more than california and thats why it should be passed.

Well said.....

And with this said, you tell me who the traitors really are? It's pretty sad when the groups that are making money off weed being illegal don't give a shit about the ones going to jail, just so they can keep making the cash.

Make a list of those business owners and spread the word. The rest of Cali and the US needs Cali to legalize so we can follow suit....

As for the thread starter thinking it's already legal for everyone, maybe you should ask Eddy Lepp what he thinks. If Californians get going, put aside the money and look at the big picture, it would be a lot easier to get Eddy and the others out. It seems kind of foolish to keep someone in prison for something thats now legal....

Last edited:

PharmaCan

Veteran
Well said.....

And with this said, you tell me who the traitors really are? It's pretty sad when the groups that are making money off weed being illegal don't give a shit about the ones going to jail, just so they can keep making the cash.

Make a list of those business owners and spread the word. The rest of Cali and the US needs Cali to legalize so we can follow suit....

Well then, all you out-of-staters who are relying on Californians to do your work for you should get out your checkbooks and start writing big checks to the CCI organization. If you aren't willing to support the better initiative in a meaningful way, you have absolutely no grounds for complaining about the process or the outcome. Time to put your money where your mouth is! (And not just you JJ, everyone from the other 49 states that are looking to Californians to lead the way.)

PC

well its just that california is already leading the way with prop215 and the explosion of dispensaries within the last decade. of course the MJ legalization movement is strongest in california.

J

JackTheGrower

The real point to focus on is; Can the Private Citizen practice proper horticulture in a private life or not?

We will give up a major part of freedom if we let Oaksterdam or AB390 rule the day.

I for one believe the right to cannabis horticulture belongs to the living beings and not the non-human Government or Corporation.

Remember Corporations and Government have put us in prison, Took our families, Fired us from our jobs, Evicted us from our homes and made us a paranoid people.

Lets make sure they have us by our Cannabis Necks now too in regards to proper horticulture because we may get away with not going to what an over crowed prison system for an Ounce of Cannabis?

We need So. Cal support for CCI people..

I am afraid we will make a huge mistake supporting Oaksterdam for the short term goal of getting the right to have an ounce of weed without a fine like we have now.. The Judas Ounce.

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
Jack CCI doesn't really let you practice "proper horticulture" as you call it. Simply because they are too vague in their distinctions between personal and commercial.
CCI said:
Persons aged 21 and over may cultivate reasonable amounts of cannabis for their personal use. Amounts cultivated beyond personal use needs are subject to commercial restrictions, taxes and fees imposed pursuant to this Act.

The problem lies in the statement "reasonable amount". What is a reasonable amount? Who sets the amount? The legislature? It probably won't be anything we consider "reasonable". Plus if I want to sell the weed I grow isn't that a personal use of the weed?

Oh and lets not forget the Constitutional problems with the initiative. It is obviously written by lawyers. It is their wet dream to make sure they can get years and years of business. Don't be fooled Jack. The business people wrote their initiative to favor business, the lawyers wrote their initiative to favor lawyers, the politician wrote his bill that favors politicians.

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
picture.php