What's new

For those TRAITORS who think cannabis should be taxed

PharmaCan

Veteran
:bigeye: Speaking of tempering your ideas with reality :bigeye:

I simply don't believe that the government grown weed has seeds in it, let alone the whole plant being ground up business... they know how to grow pot now, it's not like it was back in the day. I'm sure they don't bother growing males unless they have a seperate breeding program, and even then I'd think they would have HEPA filters. Why would they have to go to all the trouble when they could just take a known %THC clonal population to maturity and harvest like normal growers?? Standing by on that reference material. :chin:

Read my reply to Bacchus for a link.

Regardless of the quality, or lack thereof, of gov't weed, $20 ounces are a pipe dream.

PC

pip313

PharmaCan you need to stop with the B.S lies. IF marijuana became legal the goverment would NOT grow it you retard. Big tobacco would be the industry best to fill the need and they would be using clones for consistincy not some sorry excuse for weed the gov has been putting out for a crap attempt to comply with the court ruling that requires them to supply those paitents. Also no disrespect to the guy claiming that he knows a guy but I don't belive a word of it. 6 or so patients in the country and he knows one? I don't belive it.

nephilthim

nephilthim: I don't see your rationale

$30 ounces (20 1 gram joints for $20) sold at the gas station please explain how that's bad.

Prop 215 has weed going for 10x that please explain how giving the gov $15 per pack is stupid but paying 300 an oz is smart? Just because the gov won't get a dollar of that 300? well directly that is true however I bet the gov makes more off the taxes from the purchaces that the person that got your 300 makes with that money than they would have with my idea and tax directly at a low price.

Sounds like Nephilthim sells but that's just my opinion

sounds like your engaging in gross conjecture in an attempt to derail my arguments like I said when they have a ballot initive that frees all drug prisoners.I will vote for that,if they have a ballot initive that bans public employee unions,i would definitely vote for that.but this and the incumbent trolls on this issue NO WAY!not one cent!and I dont give a fuck what someone makes as long as the goverment doesn't get one cent.
if you don't like it grow your own.get a med card and stfu or move to cali,but
don't tell me I or anyone else has to fund the excesses of any bureaucrat who
only care about their salary,senority,and nothing else.half of you don't even live here the other half won't vote, after hearing everyones repetive rants degenerate into name calling....no no no!
yea there pip I doubt I d sell you my piss if you were dying of thirst,or sell you a frayed rope if you were drowning,ahh but that just my opine.

PharmaCan

Veteran
PharmaCan you need to stop with the B.S lies. IF marijuana became legal the goverment would NOT grow it you retard. Big tobacco would be the industry best to fill the need and they would be using clones for consistincy not some sorry excuse for weed the gov has been putting out for a crap attempt to comply with the court ruling that requires them to supply those paitents. Also no disrespect to the guy claiming that he knows a guy but I don't belive a word of it. 6 or so patients in the country and he knows one? I don't belive it.

And whether you believe it or not has exactly what bearing on this conversation?

ROFL - name calling, the last bastion of someone who has nothing to back up their hypothesis.

PC

PharmaCan

Veteran
So is this the ONLY part of the CCI that pisses people off "The rate of taxation shall be initially set at no less than Fifty United States Dollars per ounce of Cannabis."

Since it says “Cannabis” means all parts from plants of the Genus Cannabis, whether growing or not; seeds thereof; resin extracted from any part of the plant; concentrated cannabis; edible products containing cannabis; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of the plant, its seeds, or resin. The terms “Marijuana” and “Cannabis” are interchangeable for the purposes of this Act.

Wouldn't hash also be taxed ONLY $50 an oz?

Good point. You've apparently read the initiative recently, is there any mention of when the tax applies? At what stage of production?

LOL - I wonder what the seed count is in an ounce of seeds? This tax would be pretty reasonable for those in the seed biz.

PC

Guess after legalization we can turn to RObbin Banks N Pimping YOur daughters as sex slaves styles like, other country's.

Fuck legalization :joint:

Mofo trying to destroy Economic equalizer ~ God bless the PLANT THAT FEEDS THE POOR!!!

FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD !!!

boroboro

How can anyone be against taxing?
...snip...

Oh, it's easy:
  1. Pay a tax
  2. Realize you would rather not pay the tax, or rather not support the government
  3. Vote to change
  4. Slowly realize that your vote won't really change the situation
  5. look up taxation in the dictionary
  6. Look up theft in the dictionary
  7. Realize that the two words are about the same
  8. Realize that the gang of thugs calling themselves the government doesn't have a divine right to take my stuff just because I was born here or live here.

PharmaCan

Veteran
Guess after legalization we can turn to RObbin Banks N Pimping YOur daughters as sex slaves styles like, other country's.

Fuck legalization :joint:

Mofo trying to destroy Economic equalizer ~ God bless the PLANT THAT FEEDS THE POOR!!!

FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD !!!

Is this supposed to make some kind of sense? Does your mother know that you are playing on a marijuana forum?

PC

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
Riley we are ALREADY paying taxes.... we just don't want more.

picture.php

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
"(d) Taxes imposed pursuant to this Act must be spent on public education, healthcare, environmental programs, public works, and state parks."
That just free's up the current funds being spend on those areas for others such as Law Enforcement, Courts, and Prisons.

One more question,
(d) This Act strictly prohibits all sales of cannabis outside the State of California unless such sales are not inconsistent with federal or international law.

Are clones of 'normal' plants allowed to be sent through the mail within the same state? My quick search found a tutorial on how to ship cuttings which said "Mark the outside of the box/envelope "perishable, plant material, handle with care." Perfectly legal in the US"

It's perfectly legal under California Law to transport a clone from a patient to another patient. It would still be illegal to use US Mail as they are a federal agency. And it would be perfectly legal to ship around the state if the cutting is from a plant such as a Grape or Tomato.

"(
Its still hard for me to think of the term 'Cannabis' as more than just the buds/hash, but I do like how they define industrial hemp. The MJ laws right now suck, where are the fields of hemp?
Thats another problem with CCI, Hemp is included in their proposed excise tax, yet cotton isn't subject to exicse taxation.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
PharmaCan said:
Read my reply to Bacchus for a link.
Okay.. I just read pops' post and didn't see any seeds reference. I continued to the posted link of the Craker ruling.... many pages of which do not refer to anything of the subject of the post. I did read on page 19 that even though NIDA is one of 27 "or so" agencies that make up the National Institue of Health it's designation is "to support on the causes, consequences, prevention, and treatment of drug abuse and drug addiction. NIDA also administers the National Drug Supply program, which provides controlled substances and their precursors to researchers... blah blah... NIDA is the sole supplier of marijuana for research purposes" ... this in itself would have kept me from reading but you were so sure of yourself I just had to see...

Then on page 21 ElSohly testified that they grew using cuttings... and then on page 22 he explains that they had varying potencies and on the same page talked about achieving 20 percent or higher...

Do your own reading from here on out... I say fuck the dumb shit. :jerkit:

Thanks for wasting time. :D

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If and when weed is legalized in Cali, just don't buy from stores and grow it yourself. No taxes there. Just let the taxable weed sit in the stores.... Buds legal and people are protected from being arrested. Compliment the State on what a good idea it is and then don't buy any taxed buds, lol..... It shouldn't be long before Californians can get the price down to around 10 a gram, like it should be.....

The bottom line is, once it's legalized, taxed or not, there will be such a surplus within the first year that people wont have to pay 20 bucks a gram for good bud any longer from dispensories..... And sick people will actually be able to afford to buy it...

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
best thread ive seen on icmag yet... DOWN WITH TAXING MY HOMEGROWN... GO GROW YOUR OWN IF YOU WANT IT MORE READILY AVAILABLE... it is the everyday dime bag smoker that wants it legalized... y? cuz they dont understand the bigger picture... hopefuly these little guys smarten up..... THIS IS JUST A WAY TO TRY AND GET CONTROL OF THE OUT OF CONTROL MULTIBILLION DOLLAR UNDERGROUND BLACK MARKET... wont happen, and if it does we start INTERNATIONAL MUSHROOM WEBPAGE...

Latest posts

Latest posts