What's new

For those TRAITORS who think cannabis should be taxed

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Help pass CCI and I'll personally make it my duty to get a new petition drafted in 2010 to get the tax part amended/removed.

Stop being so shortsighted folks! :D

zenoonez

Veteran
(Quote removed by original poster and removed by myself so as not to call any more attention to it)

I know everyone has their right to an opinion and everything, I am all about that, but the bolded part of the above message makes anything you say not related to pot or its cultivation suspect in my opinion.

Last edited:
{Bangs head on wall}
Look,in ANY country,if simple taxation means "legitimacy",then I think none of you should fucking complain.
Good God,some people would complain about anything!!
UnfuckingREAL!
If it's taxed,and you don't agree,it's simple: DON'T PAY. (DUH!!)
Most of you,worldwide,if you even fucking file,already cheat on your fucking taxes-So,enough with the fucked-up,crybaby-ass whining.
You should all be so lucky,in our lifetime.
ALL cash crops are taxed-thinkthefuckaboutit,huh?
When has one NOT been?
FuuuuccccK.
You Cali boys go right ahead and slam the fucking door shut,right when there's the biggest foot in it,since Jimmy Carter was in office.
Shear the foot right off at mid-foot,blow the chance.
The Only Reason ANY government will legalize pot is for money.
(See: The Dutch Experiment for examples)
Anyhow,I hate taxation as much or more than any of you,but if the worldwide "legitimizing" of marijuana means I have to pay taxes on it to grow it,
I'll be happy enough to write the first fucking check.

~RD~

i couldnt agree more.
i beleive this site is for people from all backgrounds that share the common intrest of marijuana. es in the states the government here sucks big floppy donkey dick.they dont care about the little people and lining thier pockets is more concern than helping a sick man on the street. instead of neg repping people and sensless name calling we should be unified in getting it LEGALIZED. Herer is a good man with good intentions, but our first step in getting Buddah untaxed is to get it legalized. this is whats wrong with the movement now...so many different people want this to happen and that to happen when the main goal is just to get it legal.
If you dont want to give money to the government by buying ganja then grow your own. there is steps to getting things done and having it untaxed should be one of our last priorities with the MJ movement.we shouldnt be bickering umonst ourselves about whos a traitor to the cause. in my eyes if your doing sometihin with getting it legalized then your no traitor.i didnt even want to read past page 2 of this forum because all i saw was just bickering and one sided opinions. i understand where the guy who made tis thread is comming from i really do but in order to get anything we want we have to unify and communicate with each other on equal terms to take the steps NEEDED. if some gov official read this thread he would just laugh at how idiotic it is to sit here and call people traitors and other bs. we need to show them that we are one strong unit and that our concerns need to be reviewed and seriously considered.

nobody is going to take us serously when we cant even get our own shit straight.

so forum starter go ahead and neg repp me if you dont like my post because the last thing i care about is rep on a site when real concerns need to be handled. you should be thinking about yours and everyones future by getting it legalized.we are already asking alot to get something that alot of people dont want legalized because of all the negative bullshit that came from lies and stupid people.to ask for non taxation along with legalization is just taking waaay too much. now im going to finish my letter to my states government about decriminalization and personal use of MJ and medical MJ. then after that im going to write another letter to our president. im sure alot of people has saw the video of him laughing about use od mj to stimulate the econmy. as the president i think laughing about it with his snooty political buddies is rude, disrespectful and unethical when its such a serious matter.

peace:rant:

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My Bad :)

My Bad :)

I know everyone has their right to an opinion and everything, I am all about that, but the bolded part of the above message makes anything you say not related to pot or its cultivation suspect in my opinion.

Understood and I do apologize for the message. I do of course have my reasons regarding said statement BUT this is not the place for it. Opinions as you said or to all of us a gift and I would never or have ever posted any form of bs on this site with out knowing in my heart it was fact.

Politics however in this matter were incorrectly posted by myself and will be corrected.

Have A Nice Day
Mr.Wags

Beeka

But if you are fighting for Everyone`s right to have an opinion then why are you censoring that? Its because YOU don`t like what he says. SIMPLE.

Freedom of Speech means exactly That.

zenoonez

Veteran
But if you are fighting for Everyone`s right to have an opinion then why are you censoring that? Its because YOU don`t like what he says. SIMPLE.

Freedom of Speech means exactly That.

Did I censor him? Do I have the power to censor him? No I don't. I pointed out that the opinion he stated was something that greatly decreased my opinion of him. Just because I support the rights of free expression in the form of speech doesn't mean I can't make a judgment of someone's words or of the position behind them. Perhaps you should check your premises before jumping to conclusions Beeka. I think Voltaire sums my stance up pretty well when he says" I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Understood and I do apologize for the message. I do of course have my reasons regarding said statement BUT this is not the place for it. Opinions as you said or to all of us a gift and I would never or have ever posted any form of bs on this site with out knowing in my heart it was fact.

Politics however in this matter were incorrectly posted by myself and will be corrected.

Have A Nice Day
Mr.Wags

I understand you may have your reasons I just find the sentiment repugnant on a personal level and until I see any credible evidence that you are correct I will default to my beliefs. Let me be clear though, opinions and the ability to express them freely are not gifts, they are rights, an important distinction to make, gifts can be taken back, rights are yours and yours alone. You don't have to change your post, that is all up to you. If you do think that it is an inappropriate place to post it then by all means do remove it but that was not my purpose in posting at all. I do appreciate your civility in regards to this matter Mr. Wags. Peace.
[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif] [/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif][/FONT]

cobra420- youve had the same revelation we've all had. too bad america is based on corporate greed and money runs everything. these "elite" will stop at nothing short of mass genocide to get what they want. and they do. every day. welcome to hell.

I think america needs to start over without all the corporations.
if everyone stood up for this we could overthrow.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
After reading all the bullshit that has ensued over the course of this thread it is blatently obvious we will never legalize marijuana in america. never. it truly disgusts me to see such opposition to a thing that is putting many of us in jail and destroying our families and assests. personally i dont give a fucik if you charge me 400 per ounce tax on cannabis, just stop arresting me for it. hell at least if we can get the shit legal the only thing wed have to fight is high taxes, then us marijuana activists would be on same side as the conservative republicans. HAHAHAHA wouldnt that be amazing....

in conclusion, FUCKING LEGALIZE IT. worry about the taxes and petty shit later.

PharmaCan

Veteran
After reading all the bullshit that has ensued over the course of this thread it is blatently obvious we will never legalize marijuana in america. never. it truly disgusts me to see such opposition to a thing that is putting many of us in jail and destroying our families and assests. personally i dont give a fucik if you charge me 400 per ounce tax on cannabis, just stop arresting me for it. hell at least if we can get the shit legal the only thing wed have to fight is high taxes, then us marijuana activists would be on same side as the conservative republicans. HAHAHAHA wouldnt that be amazing....

in conclusion, FUCKING LEGALIZE IT. worry about the taxes and petty shit later.

You are absolutely right, given a choice between paying taxes and going to prison, paying taxes wins hands down.

However, it is important to note that California is on the verge of further re-legalization and the topic of taxation is pertinent to the discussion of how the re-legalization efforts will go and what the final outcome will be. As is obvious from this and the "wars" thread, there are some very divergent opinions on taxes and other parts of the two initiatives that are trying to get on the ballot. Up until the point that one or both of those initiatives actually qualifies, all of this discussion is a healthy part of the process of deciding what we want to work for.

When and if one or both of the initiatives qualifies for the ballot, then the discussion can turn to the specifics of each initiative. If there is actually an initiative that re-legalizes but taxes, and that is our only choice, I personally think you will see a lot of support going for that initiative, regardless of the taxes. If the oaksterdam initiative qualifies, I think you are going to see a lot of opposition based on provisions other than taxes, and a lot of opposition from re-legalization supporters who would rather wait another two years than see a bad law on the books.

Right now all of this discussion is speculative venting, ranting and opining, so expect to see a lot of strong, divergent opinions. Once we actually have something to vote on, I think you will see a lot more unanimity in the mj community.

PC

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
Well, if he's a registered voter, then of course it matters what he wants; just like it matters what you want if you are a registered voter.

Not if he can't get a majority of voters to agree with him. How in the world do you do that when completely ignoring their fears, beliefs, etc. That's exactly what those here demanding 'full legalization' and 'no taxation ever' are doing. There's no fucking way in hell that complete, unregulated, untaxed cannabis is going to be a reality under our system. Your statement above applies to all registered voters, and in case you hadn't noticed, there are enough to maintain the status quo unless we get them to agree to compromise. It is not reasonable to expect these people to compromise with us if we're not willing to compromise with them. What in the world gives anyone here the idea that it's possible to implement these fantasies about the 'way things should be'?

The CCI provisions about where the taxes are to go are a pay off to the public employee unions, who spend tremendous amounts of money on advertising and other PR stuff to influence elections. If the public employee unions think that they are in for new tax revenues, they will be influenced to use their resources to influence the election.

This is kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. The writers of CCI were smart to try to get the unions on their side. Sadly, the end result will be a total waste of billions of dollars in new tax revenues.

PC

Smart enough to pay off the unions, stupid enough to add in the amnesty clause that makes the entire proposal DOA. There are just too many people who believe that drug dealers are heinous individuals, and CCI sets them free. All I can say is forget about it. Is it the right thing to do? No disagreement here. You weren't around in the '70s when Carter gave the draft dodgers amnesty.

I just realized that I'd asked a question several times above, but haven't answered myself. Assuming that I'm still a CA resident on election day in 2010 I will vote yes to both proposals, and will go home rooting for the CCI to win. When I was a kid I grew up in DC, and rooted for the Senators to win, and believe I'll receive a similar outcome.

The absolute worst thing that can happen is splitting the vote, and having both proposals defeated . Headlines across America: California Just Says No to legal pot! Here's my prediction: TC2010 fails with 48% of the vote, CCI fails with 29% of the vote, and exit polling shows 53% of voters supported one or the other or both. The difference being those who demand thier fantasy of 'the way things should be' be implemented, and voting against TC2010. Way to go people! TC2010 passing would have generated the headline "CA legalizes pot!" and would start a nationwide dialogue.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
Not if he can't get a majority of voters to agree with him. How in the world do you do that when completely ignoring their fears, beliefs, etc. That's exactly what those here demanding 'full legalization' and 'no taxation ever' are doing. There's no fucking way in hell that complete, unregulated, untaxed cannabis is going to be a reality under our system. Your statement above applies to all registered voters, and in case you hadn't noticed, there are enough to maintain the status quo unless we get them to agree to compromise. It is not reasonable to expect these people to compromise with us if we're not willing to compromise with them. What in the world gives anyone here the idea that it's possible to implement these fantasies about the 'way things should be'?

The absolute worst thing that can happen is splitting the vote, and having both proposals defeated . Headlines across America: California Just Says No to legal pot! Here's my prediction: TC2010 fails with 48% of the vote, CCI fails with 29% of the vote, and exit polling shows 53% of voters supported one or the other or both. The difference being those who demand thier fantasy of 'the way things should be' be implemented, and voting against TC2010. Way to go people! TC2010 passing would have generated the headline "CA legalizes pot!" and would start a nationwide dialogue.

:yeahthats:yeahthats:yeahthats:yeahthats

you must spread reputation around before giving to pythagllio again

nephilthim

Right now all of this discussion is speculative venting, ranting and opining, so expect to see a lot of strong, divergent opinions. Once we actually have something to vote on, I think you will see a lot more unanimity in the mj community.

PC

hey theres a quote i can agree with,to that end we all have our passioned beliefs trying to degrade, demean others is not really germane to an issue,and subsequently leads to polarity and a loss of rational discourse.
to that end as much as we share a commonality of growing or smoking cannabis.our collective divergence on this issue will but be but a muted whisper,in the calavacade and cacophony of biased media,leo and incumbent officials,and my fave : mr and mrs. chabot pigs at trough of goverment grant
money for anti drug education no amount off irritation have any of you fostered as the feelings of fervant dislike I have for these two drivling parasitic lumps of coagulated carbon waste.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
Those that don't believe that splitting the vote is the worst thing that could happen just might consider those Floridians who insisted on voting for Mr. Nader in 2000. Those people 'did the right thing', voted their 'conscience', and got us 8 years of George W Dimwit. Hey, I voted for Bob Barr for President last year. But had the polls been even close in CA I would have held my nose and voted for Mr. Obama.

Koroz

Those that don't believe that splitting the vote is the worst thing that could happen just might consider those Floridians who insisted on voting for Mr. Nader in 2000. Those people 'did the right thing', voted their 'conscience', and got us 8 years of George W Dimwit. Hey, I voted for Bob Barr for President last year. But had the polls been even close in CA I would have held my nose and voted for Mr. Obama.

I won't be voting for a proposition that allows continued prohibition, I don't care if Oakland turns into the mecca of Cannabis in California. Tax Canna 2010 isn't good for the state, regardless of how you try and spin it.

I don't have the time to drive to Oakland every time I want to get smoke, and I am not risking living in a county like San Diego trying to grow my own when they are busting medicinal users as it is. Sorry pal.

How about you guys stop backing Tax Canna 2010, and start backing CCI? Why does it have to be the other way around? You really think Tax Canna 2010 has anymore chance of passing over CCI because they allow counties like San Diego to keep busting people? People in California don't give a shit about that, they want the tax money. I bet 99% of the people who would back the initiatives don't even know the real difference between them, and instead just see legalize and agree. People who are voting no for legalization are going to vote no on either.

N

NOYB

I do think that taxation legitimizes canna more. I mean seriously...local and state governments accepting $ from 'legal' canna transactions?

That splitting the vote thing is an interesting one. I personally am not an idealist and it's not a perfect world. Would be a shame to see citizens vote down 'decent' legislation think it should be better.