What's new

? for growers with young kids?

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I agree Paulo that its best to be honest with your children about growing and smoking pot, my son is 4 and at this stage I hide my growing and smoking from him but as he gets older I would like to be more honest and open about the subject , however this is a RISK and risks make me uneasy, its just a sad world when we have to hide our passions from people.

There is no right answer to the topic only best judgement.

Peace

Stone

thats the reason i have to be so vague an disjointed

for me im doing the right thing, I know it and its predicated on a life of experience

my son knows i medicate, maybe knows some more things but its not whats relative

whats relative is he is now 15 and at that age were many of his friends are experimenting with all kinds of drugs

it is completely unacceptable to me if he does drugs

period

i explained to him pot was much like insulin to a diabetic or me it is

bottom line is i had a heart to heart with him

he knows what i sacrificed to raise him properly, or at least the best I could

I also told him that the minute he starts waking up dissatisfied with how he feels so much that he needs "something" to change it that he needs to examine his state of mind and address how hes living

i didnt have the luxury of having a normal or even close to normal childhood, im lucky i survived and that is no stretch of the imagination

i know why my mind was so troubled and truth be told ive mitigated all my needs to pot and even now it seems to be less necessary for me to medicate to keep my sanity

but having sacrificed so that his life wouldn't have the same imbalance, i don't expect him to have the same needs

so am raising my children to be cognitive of their own happiness and to work at maintaining it through healthy balanced living

i am using my need for medication as a case for them to preserve themselves at least as long as until they fully develop (mid 20s) and get to experience the basics of life with a sober mind and healthy body

i have asked them to watch the effect of drugs on their peers since it will be unavoidable and compare the people to their past selves in a few years ans see if it is still appetizing

i don't think i could give my children a better education on the dangers of drug abuse in the world today if i didn't suffer at the hands of addicted parents, friends, strangers and self

i dont think i could have conceptualized a better life for them without the peace of mind pot gave me to bear through much of what life has given me

djonkoman

Veteran
I love the breadth of exposure that my kids get in a public school. I don't want them just exposed to my ideas, politics, religion (or lack thereof), and values. Fuck, I'm an (agnostic) atheist and I have them in Christian sports leagues just so that they have some exposure to religion.

Pine

I went to a christian elementary, and I would never do that to my children if I get them...
the reason I went there wasn't because of that it was christian btw, it was just the only elementary in my village, my father was christian and my mother atheist
I finished elementary as an atheist with a strong hate for anything religious especially christianity, the only thing that kept me tolerant was that I knew my father and his family, who are all christian but very nice people, and who are the kind of christians I really respect: they focus on the love-part of christianity(instead of the sinpart as most stricter christians), they always respected my choice to become atheist, never said anything about it or try to convert me(altough my parents once told me my grandparents were a little disappointed that I became atheist, but they never showed this to me), they are in favor of gaymarriage(wich is legal here btw), and my father doesn't even believe in hell, only heaven, and he sees the good in everyone

but if I didn't have them to show me the good side of christianity I may not have been as tolerant as I am now
also it helped that I choose a public highschool so I didn't have to deal with the 'bad' side of christianity anymore (for highschool I had to go to the nearby city wich had numerous highschools to choose from)

I also think that elementary was just generally bad btw, at that time I was bullied and at times I got bullied I would get detention ('to protect me') while the bullies got off completely scotfree
and one time I and a few others got detention, we were sitting there already an hour or so and I still didn't know why(I thought it was because I was playbacking during singing, we always had to sing stupid christian songs wich I hated so I always playbacked), turned out it was because I farted.. the others also btw because they didn't know who farted
when they told why it was(they wanted the one who did it to confess) I got so pissed that I first held a tirade how it was ridiculous to be punished for a regular bodyfunction that you can't keep in(they said they expected me to ask to go to the toilet and fart there if I had to fart), and then walked out

WelderDan

Veteran
When my kids were young I did not want to burden them with keeping my doings secret. With all the D.A.R.E. bullshit and pressure on children to rat out their parents, I did all my growing outdoors and kept my smoking secret. They were not burdened with having to decide if it was right to turn me in or keep the secret.

That was the way I chose to handle it. I'm not saying it's the way anyone else should handle it. I know numerous people who sat their kids down and told them the truth, as well as what would happen to mommy and daddy if they were busted.

It's a tough decision, and you will have to determine what's best in your situation.

Latest posts

Latest posts