What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Florida Growers Thread; Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lee Van Kief

Lee Van kief, I sampled some from a half assed soil grow and wasn't really impressed but this time she'll be run on ebb/flo tables with meticulous care so we shall see...
well I wish you luck on it, always sounded good to me and I haven't heard anything about it in a while

komrade komura

bringing down the Blue Dream starting today. Buds on top are ripe, a little longer needed further down the plant. Responded well to cropping....but it seems I traded away donkey dicks for many more bud sites and higher overall yield. Fair trade to me. I give away the excess to friends...they will be glad I cropped.

Kali Mist and Train Wreck (HSO) up next. Ran outta Kali and dat shit ain't supposed to happen.

But I also need to run some Sweet Tooth #4 (SOL), got about 30 beans.

Also need to run some Delta 9 Labs beans.

Ed Borg From Delta came onto a Amsterdam cruise I was on with some bubble of his CannaSutra and left widespread devastation on the cruise. Over 30 minutes everyone who smoked it fell silent. The second bong hit I had came with the instructions:

- Sit the fuck down...now
- Be introspective for the next hour
- Avoid the friend with the microphone and podcast

One of the top 3 stoniest experiences with weed ever. Only way I know to repay that kindness is to grow his gear.

Ain't up to speed on exotics...still plowing through the commercial stuff in 1's and 2's. Making my list for the final harem once I quit moving all over the fucking place.

Anybody tried any TGA beans yet? Seems like a nice enough fellow on YouTube...would like to help him succeed if someone can make a recommendation. Vortex? Querkle? Watching the video of him pollinating his females is just a hoot.

Considering moving from indoor dirt to DWC....yes, get a cheap IWS 1 pot system to see if it works as well as advertised. If it does, then make the next one myself...just bigger!

Did anyone get the memo that Secret Jardin tents were supposed to be light tight? I bought a second one based on the great 1st one and it is total shit. As light tight as a fucking disco ball.

I see a Budbox with the scrog shelf in my future...with 2 DWC monsters in a 1.2M x 1.2M home. 3 of those setups and cycles staggered...yep dat is da shit for me.

C-99...wife loves it. She been smoking the big jar down some.

I might take a beating for saying this, but.......... Tga gear kicks ass!!! Lots of people on this site hate on subcool but I've grown many of his crosses and loved almost all of them. This being the Florida growers thread I think we should show a little respect to the guy. He did get busted growing in gainsville and do some hard time before moving out west. Many of his early crosses happened right here in the sunshine state.

Usaully on this site the very mention of subcool results an epic bashing. I'm not sure if people are just jealous of his success or just dont like his youtube videos. He has his own way of "breeding" that a lot of people want to hate on. At least he is staight up about how his seeds are made and the result is amazing hybrids with fruity flavor and great bag appeal. Fuck the haters! I think I'll go pop these deep purple seeds I've got stashed

Gsizzle

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some on the last run trying to get down to 5.

SFV OG
Ghost OG
Chem D
ECSD
Chemstone
Candy Chem
GSC (Forum)
Mob Boss F2
Ultra Sonja
The White
Pana Banana Red
Apollo 11 Gen
Emperor Gorilla
Strawberry Emperor Gorilla

Seed Run

Black Triangle
Road kill Unicorn
Strawberry Emperor Gorilla F2
Tahoe x OJ
Big E x OJ
Sour Dubb x OJ
Dago Walker x OJ
Unkown Kush x SDIBL
Chem91 x DMT
SFV OG x DMT
DMT
Strawberry Diesel99 x Gorilla Grape

komrade komura

Holy shit Gsizzle, that is a list of fire....well done bro!

Always wanted to get Apollo 11....but missed the Joey Weed days. Bodhi is my last chance I guess.

Road Kill Unicorn? Seriously? How was it?

Gsizzle

ICMag Donor
Veteran
damn that's a hell of a list. i'll tell you what, you keep the 5 you think you want and store the all rest here just in case you change your mind.:tiphat:

Having a particular cut is nice but searching for new one's keep my growing motivated.

Holy shit Gsizzle, that is a list of fire....well done bro!

Always wanted to get Apollo 11....but missed the Joey Weed days. Bodhi is my last chance I guess.

Road Kill Unicorn? Seriously? How was it?

Road Kill Unicorn is by Bodhi Purple Unicorn x Snow Lotus. Have yet to sample any but very soon we will see what she is all about. She has nice colas for sure and a unique smell.

komrade komura

Fuck me the blue dream is stinkin. Gotta figure out how to dry this in a working tent so it has the benefit of carbon filters. Don't wanna paper bag it. Flash curing won't do.

Have an old suit garment bag that is pretty porous...aim a fan at it....hmm.

First time growing it. The hydrometers and jars take over after stem snaps, just don't wanna fuck it up before then or I will give it a low score and it will be gone forever.

Sure is scoring high on nute tolerance...don't think I could over feed this one. Spent most of the grow underfeeding it...cuz my sativa experience has been that they are mostly picky little bitches who want to take it slow.

Hello again too one and all!

Construction on "Growdome2012" is about 99% completed,so I think it's ok to show it off a little...

First I must say that I can take absolutely no credit for the design of this unit. All credit for design goes to Red Greenery and his rubbermaid tub. See the link to Pontiac's DIY thread in my sig. It's listed. All I have done is change from CFL's to LED'S. Tht being said:

Camera3_zps8eb12cbb.jpg

The cab ovarall

161_zps132dc9dc.jpg

Carbon filter

Camera6_zps440dedaf.jpg

Ventilation top

1368729998_zpsc885e10a.jpg

Ventilation bottom

Shared_zps26a78bcd.jpg

From the side

1368729993_zps9b57dbe1.jpg

Tao-tronics 80*3w (~140 "real" watts) LED

Shared_zpseca79c9e.jpg

Inside, room for 3 6L dwc setups in 2" net pots. Modscrog coming up!

Shared_zpsf6969b87.jpg

Temps. Yes the probes are set up correctly, it is cooler inside than out after running for about 6 hrs on todays test run.

1370211552_zpsa172d742.jpg

3 bagseedlings for the test run. At least one girl please!!!

I will do a journal, but I'm not posting until harvest and cure. I'd like, however to post here every once in a while to share the trials/tribulations and victories.

Off we go!

L

Lee Van Kief

slowcala, that's a cool little led tub and put together pretty nicely, I look forward to seeing what comes out of it

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you for the K+ everyone!

Puscifer looking forward to any and all updates on the MF x DPD f2, and yes i should get to popping those freak show's they are from '08 i believe.

MagniKhan

Veteran
Nice mini cab, SlowCala. How do the LED's work for ya?

On a sad note , I see Graham Purwatt's forum account has gone "guest". Hope all is well and safe......"Stay thirsty, my friend.":ying:

Incognegro

Funny, seems like alot of the "not-exactly-the-friendliest" folks on the boards are from Fla... even to fellow Floridians... or is it just an occult? lol

Or hell, maybe it's just me...

komrade komura

Cala....looking cool bro. Always enjoy the engineering challenges....space, heat, etc. Just fun figuring it all out. Always felt my cab required me to buy feminized seeds.

Incognegro...bro...wassup? Everyone is friendly towards me for the most part.

Seems like every couple of years someone here gets in trouble with the law and then they are tested for being a human being or merely an animal (survive no matter who they fuck over). It is always sad when these tests happen for something that should not be a crime...even sadder when some fail the test.

More Kali Mist beans popped....got 4 of them moving forward. Should pull about an elbow and that will set me for the next year.

Sunny in London right now....in an hour it won't be.

Coba

Veteran
"Growdome2012" <--- that thing looks like fun SlowCala, good luck with it.

Gsizzle man, that's an impressive strain list.

speaking of FL growers...
I just smoked on some "Murple" last night. That's what dude called it anyways... said it's a cross between Mango and Purple... Mango and Purple what, I don't know... it sure was tasty tho... anyone heard of this cross?

MagniKhan

Veteran

Seems like every couple of years someone here gets in trouble with the law and then they are tested for being a human being or merely an animal (survive no matter who they fuck over). It is always sad when these tests happen for something that should not be a crime...even sadder when some fail the test.

Wow, that how I view the world. I wish more would think like this.
How nice would it be to have a test ( like in Dune), pass / fail , human or not. If not , the appropriate actions would be taken.
I mean really, just test before any court case. Think of the savings.....though we would loose half our legal system ( I think there's a lot of them in law enforcement).
I think there is a clinical definition, sociopath. 1 in 25 of us are one, though I think the real number is higher. Their minds work nowhere near how ours work, and frankly it's almost impossible for most of us to even imagine what it would be like to have no conscience or remorse. It's just that foreign.

Status
Not open for further replies.