What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~Fitness thread~

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Sometimes the intestinal cramping makes me want to cry. Cleanse is going good, hope everyone's "havin fun" with it...hahaha.

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
I might have to add that to my sig line! :laughing:

Have at it!

I have cut out any drinks besides water and the supplement drinks that I take. I have been peeing every 15 minutes... starting to think I need a urinal IN my office...

Nicoli

Veteran
I have completed the loading phase of creatine monohydrate.. Now im taking 5 grams 30min before workout and 5 grams right after mixed in with my whey protein isolate shake. Last few days im noticing alot more energy before working out. Not sure if its the creatine or if its just me, lol.. still a bit sore sometimes..

See how the next few weeks go!

Then I believe I should start cycling 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, but I need to research a bit more into that, some say to continue using it everyday, some say to cycle.

i'm not on any sort of diet but i really like to eat healthy. i find that allowing myself to eat sweets every once in a bit helps because then i don't feel like i'm restricting myself. I used to do yoga but don't have time for that anymore :-/ i'm on campus almost everyday the amount of walking i do to get from class to class is insane so i guess i'm not too worried about not working out.
oh and dancing really helps! i LOOOOVE to dance, i feel so energized afterward! yeah, nothing too special tho, just doing basic stuff to stay fit! :)

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
im not sure about this ultimate cleanse thingy......

im a week in, and used almost an entire package of toilet paper and half a package of wet ones.....

but this week, i had the hardest time keeping my energy and strength for working out. had to decrease all my weights close to 25%, i simply couldn't do the amount of reps i needed to. telling my trainer, i need to rest longer between sets, it is kind of bullshit.....feel like im wasting my money with the personal trainer if i cant do what i need to do.....

hopefully this next week will be better, i hope this ultimate cleanse works out......

ithinkiam

Wow, grateful for this thread, I am. :)

A great colon cleansing product I have used is this fiber supplement named Konsyl:

http://www.konsyl.com/default.aspx

It has a nauseating texture when mixed with water, but it is extremely effective and doesn't give you diarrhea. :) (When taken as directed, of course. lol.) I've only used it a few times in my life; months apart each time. It is kind of expensive, though. :/

If you want a more natural way to cleanse I suggest eating only fruits and vegetables for a few weeks. Especially grapefruit, raspberries, blackberries, bananas, and apples. For veggies I would suggest spinach, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, and onions and garlic. And definitely make sure you drink your water and your tea (freshly brewed with no sugar added, of course) and take any necessary vitamins and minerals; calcium, fish oils, the B's, etc. And get a healthy dose of sunlight. :)

I've read that eggplant is very good for your brain. I've never tasted eggplant though, so don't blame me if you don't like it! lol.

Nicoli

Veteran
Added something new to my "regime".. :)

Omega 3-6-9 Complex
It combines Fish oil, Flaxseed oil, and Borage oil..

:D

ithinkiam

Yum. Fish oil capsules smell so bad, though! At least the ones I've taken. :p

I'm thinking of going on a raw food diet/lifestyle change. (lol) I know it would be beneficial. I just have to learn to commit! :canabis:

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
im not sure about this ultimate cleanse .......

im a week in, and used almost an entire package of toilet paper and half a package of wet ones.....

but this week, i had the hardest time keeping my energy and strength for working out. had to decrease all my weights close to 25%, i simply couldn't do the amount of reps i needed to. telling my trainer, i need to rest longer between sets, it is kind of bullshit.....feel like im wasting my money with the personal trainer if i cant do what i need to do.....

hopefully this next week will be better, i hope this ultimate cleanse works out......

Yeah, I am in the same boat, trying to convince myself that this is somehow benefitting me. Right now, I feel like the only thing that is getting a work out is my sphincter...

As far as energy though, I have started taking a couple of supplements, which I have never done in my life (didn't used to need to!). I take a product every day before I work out called White Flood by controlled labs. It states that it is a "Preworkout Nitric Oxide and Energy Enhancer". Not sure what the Nitric Oxide part means exactly, but the Energy Enhancer part is true. I feel great while working out, way more energized. A little on the edge for a bit, but it works for me while working out. By the time I am done, I am just wore out and have lost the edgy feeling. Might be worth a try for ya...

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Yeah, I am in the same boat, trying to convince myself that this is somehow benefitting me. Right now, I feel like the only thing that is getting a work out is my sphincter...

As far as energy though, I have started taking a couple of supplements, which I have never done in my life (didn't used to need to!). I take a product every day before I work out called White Flood by controlled labs. It states that it is a "Preworkout Nitric Oxide and Energy Enhancer". Not sure what the Nitric Oxide part means exactly, but the Energy Enhancer part is true. I feel great while working out, way more energized. A little on the edge for a bit, but it works for me while working out. By the time I am done, I am just wore out and have lost the edgy feeling. Might be worth a try for ya...

lmfao! i feel ya bro!

ya, i take superpump(aka superdump) and no explode, both nos products. the nitric oxide fills your blood vessels with a form of gas. making them a bit bigger, making it possible to pump more blood, notice your arms feel much bigger when your done? white flood is also a very good product, i like the taste.

only thing i dont like is if you did a good workout and your exhausted, cant take a nap for hours and hours. for me, it makes it very difficult to eat after a workout. most of the time, im on liquid protein drinks for most of the day, just can not eat till 4 or 5 in the afternoon....aggravating as hell trying to get 2500-3000 calories in a day if your not hungry!

Nicoli

Veteran
Yum. Fish oil capsules smell so bad, though! At least the ones I've taken. :p

I'm thinking of going on a raw food diet/lifestyle change. (lol) I know it would be beneficial. I just have to learn to commit! :canabis:

These ones are Lemon flavored.. so theres no nasty fishy taste or anything even when ya burp! lol. :)

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
I take Coromega gel packs. They're the consistancy of pudding I guess....but odorless and they're orange flavor. It's one of the more reputable brands for quality and mercury testing.

ithinkiam

I take Coromega gel packs. They're the consistancy of pudding I guess....but odorless and they're orange flavor. It's one of the more reputable brands for quality and mercury testing.

Mercury testing? Isn't that sort of a given with fish oil supplements? lol.

beejaybug

In terms of cleanse, I have done the "lemonade diet," aka "lemonade cleanse," "master cleanse" twice before. It works in helping clean out your system and loose weight, and once you get past the 2nd and 3rd days which are a little tiring, you have amazing amounts of energy. Will share more with anyone who is interested.

ithinkiam

In terms of cleanse, I have done the "lemonade diet," aka "lemonade cleanse," "master cleanse" twice before. It works in helping clean out your system and loose weight, and once you get past the 2nd and 3rd days which are a little tiring, you have amazing amounts of energy. Will share more with anyone who is interested.

I've read about this numerous times, but it always seems like it would taste incredibly disgusting. And if that is the case, I'd rather just go on a water fast...or a fruit fast for a week.

Is it rough on the digestive system? Particularly, the stomach? I have transient peptic ulcers and the very word "lemonade" makes me hurt a little bit. heh. :/

beejaybug

I've read about this numerous times, but it always seems like it would taste incredibly disgusting. And if that is the case, I'd rather just go on a water fast...or a fruit fast for a week.

Is it rough on the digestive system? Particularly, the stomach? I have transient peptic ulcers and the very word "lemonade" makes me hurt a little bit. heh. :/
The funny thing is, the taste is actually pretty good, to me at least. They give you a general recipe online, but I do not like my lemonade too sweet and have had stomach issues as well with pre-ulcers, so I put a little more lemon than the maple syrup when I make it. Also, again to cut down on the sweet flavor, I use limes instead of yellow lemons. It taste nothing like lemonade, and more like lemon water.
They also suggest you do a tea-cleanse concurrently, which I never did. I only stuck to the lemonade diet part of it. Let me know if you want my version of how I tweaked the drink.

ithinkiam

The funny thing is, the taste is actually pretty good, to me at least. They give you a general recipe online, but I do not like my lemonade too sweet and have had stomach issues as well with pre-ulcers, so I put a little more lemon than the maple syrup when I make it. Also, again to cut down on the sweet flavor, I use limes instead of yellow lemons. It taste nothing like lemonade, and more like lemon water.
They also suggest you do a tea-cleanse concurrently, which I never did. I only stuck to the lemonade diet part of it. Let me know if you want my version of how I tweaked the drink.

Yeah, sure! I'd like to get a little insight to someone who's actually tried this themselves.