What's new

~Fitness thread~

ithinkiam

I dont really like to eat breakfast.. but im trying to eat healthier now im eating for two.....
Im going to start walking to get some exercise to make my legs stronger for when I am ready to give birth... I remember walking helped me a lot when I had my son

Congrats on that!! :blowbubbles:

Wow. That is hardcore. Have you done this before? Do you take vitamins or supplements? Especially during that first week aren't you starving and weak?

I did have some friends that last summer did a watermelon diett/cleanse. The only thing besides water that they consumed for a week was just watermelon. Morning, noon, and night. Sounded like a great way to get tired of watermelon. They both said that they did feel great afterwards though.

I've done shorter fasts before. Like 3-4 days. And yes it makes you incredibly weak and really hungry. But the key is to hydrate yourself to promote the metabolic rate and also to allow thorough cleansing of the body. Fruits, imo, are the best thing to start with when returning to a balanced and more complete diet. Most fruits have cleansing properties especially grapefruit, raspberries, blackberries, etc. So it is good to start with the fruit juice.

Watermelon is delicious, I wish it was in season! And really when you do any sort of cleanse or fast it is always good to be in a healthy state of mind. It makes it a lot easier. It does no good to be 4 days into a fast and then cave and eat a Big Mac. Even having a small meal, like a piece of toast with some milk, will shock your system into storing it as fat and totally defeat any hopes of a successful cleanse. Plus it may slow down the metabolism along with a bunch of other not fun things. You can always change it up, though. Like just drinking fresh fruit juice for one week would be a decent and effective, not to mention tasty, cleanse. Some supporters of body cleansing would even suggest that fasting for one day every week is beneficial. Ya know, just giving your body that one day to kind of rid itself of toxins without effecting the metabolism or energy supply of the body.

I hope I can manage to actually do this cleanse like I have planned. But it's only 2 weeks long. And honestly the first week is the only one that will suck. haha.

Helps Me

I been really interested in Pilates and just got the Pilates rubber bands and stuff.

Excited to get started! :) I really need to tone and firm up!! (don't need to lose weight, if anything need to gain it!!)

ithinkiam

I been really interested in Pilates and just got the Pilates rubber bands and stuff.

Excited to get started! :) I really need to tone and firm up!! (don't need to lose weight, if anything need to gain it!!)

I need to tone my body up as well...omg, I feel like a human jello mold sometimes. haha. Dancing used to do good things for me. It helped with my butt and stomach, that's for sure. People underestimate the benefits of dancing around your room in your underwear. hahah. :dance013:

<~Hades~>

have not dug threw this whole thread and see alot of diet advaice thrown around ....And has anyone thrown out the kinda body type a person is and each one has different needs......ENDOMORPH, ECTOMORPH AND MESOMORPHS each type has very different needs

ithinkiam

have not dug threw this whole thread and see alot of diet advaice thrown around ....And has anyone thrown out the kinda body type a person is and each one has different needs......ENDOMORPH, ECTOMORPH AND MESOMORPHS each type has very different needs

Are you talking about that BS "science"? What are you a body builder or something? lulz.

<~Hades~>

Are you talking about that BS "science"? What are you a body builder or something? lulz.
the diet for a naturally skinny person Ectomorph, vs a mesomorph <the type that is naturally built and Endomorphs .....They big guys who carry more body fat and can get huge , But have a hard time getting ripped as There usually of the lineman Body type Power builder.Large wide shoulders.. makes huge differences on there diet strategy !!! LOL no body builder , but every male where i lived trains to be the strongest as only The most violent , are free to roam unfucked with!!!

God hates me and made me sick a few years ago....Only thing i think about is still training and fighting 4-5 mutherfukers and taking 2 with me before the lights go out ~ Plus alot of chics dont like dating pussies so~ trainings +++ all around , Plus when you get to prison ,You need to be able to clean house or you end up with red m&m lipstick and giving knob jobs

growclean

Grow Clean.... Go Fast!
I don't know if this is trolling or what. But man, you need to chill out. Getting strong is fine, but your overall vibe is pretty negative. Why come on the net and start trying to pick fights? Apparently you can get that where you actually live. Just chill...

M

Mitch Connor

It's Hades, lord of the underworld... What do u expect :S

I'm going to look into this endo/ectomorph thing. I've always been a bit overweight, it kinda runs in the family. Any info that will help me achieve my goal (still haven't decided what that is) is good!

ithinkiam

It's Hades, lord of the underworld... What do u expect :S

I'm going to look into this endo/ectomorph thing. I've always been a bit overweight, it kinda runs in the family. Any info that will help me achieve my goal (still haven't decided what that is) is good!

Those concepts of body types are outdated, tbh. You shouldn't classify the human race in that manner. It's best to find what works for you individually. :)

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
ended the cleanse 4 days ago. my power, stamina and energy is back! about time! i was miserable for a while there!

did not lose any weight per say, but lost 2 % body fat after the cleanse was over........:jump:

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
I think I also lost a little bit of body fat. Very nice.

I didn't go through the whole thing, maybe half.

I'm starting a whole new stretching/toning routine. Some dance in there, too. Great workout.

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
This thread is fantastic. If you need one thing to lose weight and get in shape is SUPPORT .......Might have been the most important aspect of my weight loss.

I lost 135lbs over 1.5 year period started 5 years ago. It was 6 days a week working sets out of Arnold's bible. Body builder diet and workouts with a good workout partner. I've kept off the weight simply by living a healthful life and being fairly active. I don't go to the gym much lately. Between gardening, hiking, camping, cycling I keep pretty fit.

It is very strange to have people in my life that only know me thin. When I show people a pic of the old me they can't fuggin believe it :) I still feel strange looking into a mirror or see a pic on my wifes facebk page

That's what worked for me. Never too late just need the right motivation.

I happen to meet a girl that changed my entire life and how I thought and felt. Started smoking big time and my life (mentally and physically) has only improved. We were married this last summer. :) :)

PS My weight will swing 15-20lbs back and forth as my activity changes and I've just learned to have 2 sizes of clothing :D

Cheers and support

Smiley

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Congrats on the marriage, George!

Better weather is better mota-vation, imo!

Thanks :wave: This is the first year that I am supplementing 3000 IU vitamin D from fall to spring and it's done wonders.

I didn't even get a cold and my wife works with families and children. I think the D might be vital. Thus I feel I have enough energy to jump in the season with more stamina and strength.

This is going to be a great year for me. I'm troubled that my arthritic joint is going to prevent me from tennis and golf this year. It's been really bad.

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
I have been adding cayenne pepper to alot of my meals. Haven't gotten sick (knock on wood) for more than a year. Probably should get sick just to get the immune system up, but I'm getting 300x more vitamin C from peppers than from drinking orange juice.

The capsaicin from cayenne pepper (or any hot pepper) works as a natural remedy to relieve inflammation. My bones are also quite brittle. I have family history of back pain and arthritis, too. Cayenne pepper seems to help.

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
I have been adding cayenne pepper to alot of my meals. Haven't gotten sick (knock on wood) for more than a year. Probably should get sick just to get the immune system up, but I'm getting 300x more vitamin C from peppers than from drinking orange juice.

The capsaicin from cayenne pepper (or any hot pepper) works as a natural remedy to relieve inflammation. My bones are also quite brittle. I have family history of back pain and arthritis, too. Cayenne pepper seems to help.

Thank you thank you, I will research the pepper. My degenerative joint and arthritis is killing me right now.

smiley

qdavid

I have degenerative disk disease and arthritis too. I've found the only thing that really works for the arthritis pain is Aspirin, ...and doobage. Most of the Aspirin sold these days contains all kinds of extra stuff, like talc for example. Isn't talc baby powder? I made salysilic acid (aspirin) in 11th grade Chem. Lab. No big thing. It's cheap and easy to make, I thought anyway. Doh!

I'm trying to cut down on sugar in my diet. I was surprised to read that a tsp. of honey has more calories than a tsp. of granulated (table) sugar.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Checking in here, three weeks into my diet, 23 weeks to go. Down ten pounds, but the easy part is over, now it will go slower. The 1200 calories is working for me, but I need to add more variety, and am working on it. I agree with using pepper daily, good for body and spirit.
H