What's new

First time grower with SILS on micro grow

Sampas92

Just newbin
Im not worried or anything like it, im just curious because i just bented them and they just stayed in that position..they perked up already kkkkk
Thank you guys

PCBuds

Im not worried or anything like it, im just curious because i just bented them and they just stayed in that position..they perked up already kkkkk
Thank you guys

What about blowing a fan on them to help toughen up the stalks?

Unless you want to LST them sideways.

I suck at LST.
I just snap stuff (even when its soft and rubbery. Lol), then I'm getting out the crazy glue and trying to make splints. Lol

There is a lot of crazy glue on Reiko's window plants. Lol

This branch was a bit too broken, but it is still alive...

I had to tuck it into the branch above to hold it upright.

Sampas92

Just newbin
What about blowing a fan on them to help toughen up the stalks?

Unless you want to LST them sideways.

I suck at LST.
I just snap stuff (even when its soft and rubbery. Lol), then I'm getting out the crazy glue and trying to make splints. Lol

There is a lot of crazy glue on Reiko's window plants. Lol

This branch was a bit too broken, but it is still alive...

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/XYXmdRz9/20210109-162319.jpg]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/VkTTRKxp/20210109-162333.jpg]View Image[/url]

I had to tuck it into the branch above to hold it upright.

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/VLK2SfDY/20210109-162311.jpg]View Image[/url]
My ultimate goal in the future is to scrog a wide and flat plant and get the most of direct light at internodal spaces and budsites as possible but since im a lazy mf i think i will play with scrogging and go to sogging with multiple small plants in a SIP dry ammended just water setup, minimal effort and good results the same, plus we can get more variety that way.

I went to check on them, they perked up, not 100% but is not taking long, no pics taken

My auto is like this right now, i changed her position earlier, put it between 2 sils, no to direct light beam, the lux readings were thensame but the intensity may be different in some way?could it be helping for her to be like this?dunno, keep learning
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I like when they pray to the gods Phillips, Osran and Phimax :biggrin:

The soil looks dry but its just a very thin layer of dry soil, but indeed i think i will take a long time before i fully know how the soil should really be in terms of moisture..
i dont know if what if feeling when i stick my finger in the soil is correct when i say that it is humid, moisten. I dont feel water in the way that i stick my finger and it comes wet, i feel the moisture and the humidity and for me that its wet, but i dont have any means of comparision to be fully sure.
It will take a long time before i dial this down

Greenheart

Veteran
Looks like a beautiful start to me. Overwatering is an easy mistake. Your leaves look great. I keep doing what you are doing.

On the lighting I'm not sure what to say there. Different colors have different effects as well as intensities. Az was the man for that back in my learning day. I believe blue makes for shorter internodes and red jumps them. I had one in a 1200w cfl 3x3 chamber that didn't jump much. Buds were like solid little pebbles when she finished. That was my first run ever.

PCBuds

My auto is like this right now, i changed her position earlier, put it between 2 sils, no to direct light beam, the lux readings were thensame but the intensity may be different in some way?could it be helping for her to be like this?dunno, keep learning

I feel the same way, ...

I've got my four 2' LED strips 42" above my seedling.

I'm getting a reading of 7279 LUX above the plant.

According to the math and science, I could have four 1' strips at 21" above the plant, and everything would be EXACTLY the same.

I just don't buy it.

My intuition tells me that there is a difference.

I know that I'm wasting power right now and I could be running 35 Watts with four 1' strips, instead of 71 Watts, but I don't care about the wasted 35 Watts.

I still think that there is a difference.

Caio

Take a finger, put it all the way inside the pot. If it's dry as the Sahara desert it's time to give SOME water. Trust me, in this stage seedlings like dry more than wet, oxigen more than water, and they don't seek the grower care...they like to grow without any intervention.
I give some water to my plants today and it was 7 days since the last time.

:wave:

Sampas92

Just newbin
Looks like a beautiful start to me. Overwatering is an easy mistake. Your leaves look great. I keep doing what you are doing.

On the lighting I'm not sure what to say there. Different colors have different effects as well as intensities. Az was the man for that back in my learning day. I believe blue makes for shorter internodes and red jumps them. I had one in a 1200w cfl 3x3 chamber that didn't jump much. Buds were like solid little pebbles when she finished. That was my first run ever.

Thank you greenheart
how you manage such heat with so much cfl power in such small grow?

Sampas92

Just newbin
I feel the same way, ...

I've got my four 2' LED strips 42" above my seedling.

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/d10WdX6z/20210109-174052.jpg]View Image[/url]

I'm getting a reading of 7279 LUX above the plant.

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/hGsyXgLL/Screenshot-20210109-174221-Lux-Light-Meter.jpg]View Image[/url]

According to the math and science, I could have four 1' strips at 21" above the plant, and everything would be EXACTLY the same.

I just don't buy it.

My intuition tells me that there is a difference.

I know that I'm wasting power right now and I could be running 35 Watts with four 1' strips, instead of 71 Watts, but I don't care about the wasted 35 Watts.

I still think that there is a difference.

You can run the plant closer to the lights with the lighrs dimmed down with the same results.

My readings are a tiny bit higher, but different camera sensors may present different readings..
Lets see what we get buds

Sampas92

Just newbin
Take a finger, put it all the way inside the pot. If it's dry as the Sahara desert it's time to give SOME water. Trust me, in this stage seedlings like dry more than wet, oxigen more than water, and they don't seek the grower care...they like to grow without any intervention.
I give some water to my plants today and it was 7 days since the last time.

:wave:

Thanks for the suggestion caio :)

Caio

I've grow a bagseed seedling (the biggest seed i have ever see) that refused to grow until the pot was TOTALLY dry.
Was so dry the first time i give water that the coco refuse to rehidratate and gone straight out...
Than i killed it because was a pain into the a@@ to grow.

PCBuds

You can run the plant closer to the lights with the lighrs dimmed down with the same results.

That is what I'm questioning...

I could lower my 2' strips to 21" and turn their power down to half.

Or I could use four 1' strips at full power at 21".

The math and science suggests that four 2' strips at half power is the same difference as four 1' strips at full power.

I don't buy it.

I think four 2' strips at half power is better than four 1' strips at full power.

I dunno though, I need another closet with the exact same dimensions as the first, and two seeds that are exactly the same to compare... Lol

I don't care...

I'm going to illuminate my plant from way above.
I'm going to be wasteful. Lol

If I can just turn on my overhead lights at 71 Watts and let her grow until she flowers, then turn on my 150 Watts of side lighting, then things get real easy for me.

I don't adjust anything, or turn on my side lights, until she has pistols showing.

Real easy.

Greenheart

Veteran
how you manage such heat with so much cfl power in such small grow?

Not very well. I was a complete newbie with miracle grow soil and urea drops. The "exhaust fan" was a big box style fan. It was at the top of the shower stall with an oscillator fan pushing air into the stall and space blankets flapping everywhere.

I harvested almost a whole 7 grams dried. It really was a pitiful grow but at least it was successful and I learned a lot about it. I ended up moving all the cfls into a closet after that. Eventually got a decent fan and was seeing some pretty good results before making a jump into the HID.

Really interested in the new age led panels. You guys are crushing it!

Last edited:

Sampas92

Just newbin
Not very well. I was a complete newbie with miracle grow soil and urea drops. The "exhaust fan" was a big box style fan. It was at the top of the shower stall with an oscillator fan pushing air into the stall and space blankets flapping everywhere.

I harvested almost a whole 7 grams dried. It really was a pitiful grow but at least it was successful and I learned a lot about it. I ended up moving all the cfls into a closet after that. Eventually got a decent fan and was seeing some pretty good results before making a jump into the HID.

Really interested in the new age led panels. You guys are crushing it!

Pitiful grows are always good to grow kkkkk

I never used cfl, because so much heat and so much power needed and so few results..
Hps i never used because i am afraid of fire and our summers here are really hot..
Thanks for the compliment but im not crushing anything..i hope i will do it :biggrin:

Sampas92

Just newbin
That is what I'm questioning...

I could lower my 2' strips to 21" and turn their power down to half.

Or I could use four 1' strips at full power at 21".

The math and science suggests that four 2' strips at half power is the same difference as four 1' strips at full power.

I don't buy it.

I think four 2' strips at half power is better than four 1' strips at full power.

I dunno though, I need another closet with the exact same dimensions as the first, and two seeds that are exactly the same to compare... Lol

I don't care...

I'm going to illuminate my plant from way above.
I'm going to be wasteful. Lol

If I can just turn on my overhead lights at 71 Watts and let her grow until she flowers, then turn on my 150 Watts of side lighting, then things get real easy for me.

I don't adjust anything, or turn on my side lights, until she has pistols showing.

Real easy.
You could, caio is using a board at a closer time and was running it at 8w..
If you are getting good results, keep what you are doing buds

Sampas92

Just newbin
I've grow a bagseed seedling (the biggest seed i have ever see) that refused to grow until the pot was TOTALLY dry.
Was so dry the first time i give water that the coco refuse to rehidratate and gone straight out...
Than i killed it because was a pain into the a@@ to grow.

I wish i have bagseed here in my country..nowadays weed is not that easy to come by and along the years the quality was pretty good without any seed.

PCBuds

You could, caio is using a board at a closer time and was running it at 8w..
If you are getting good results, keep what you are doing buds

So far, my results are good.
This is the first time that I'm using the ceiling lights from the beginning.
I used an adjustable fixture with the last grow.

Sampas92

Just newbin
Auto day 7 / photo 4th day after transplant

Auto day 7 / photo 4th day after transplant

So day 7 after broke soil
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It growed a bit in height but is minimal, the 2nd set is bigger and i start to see the 3rd growing
Good lime green of new growth but still i think it should be a bit stretchier, also im afraid some of the lime green may be a tiny sign of a bit to much intense light
I dont want it to grow squating and bushier..
What you guys think?turn off the 65k sil?
Im thinking in add a 25w halogen bulb to get far red to stimulate stretch..
Im going to eat something and think on the subject
But i think it should be a bit taller by now at this stage..what you guys think when you compare to your grows?

Sampas92

Just newbin
picture.php

picture.php

The photo is in a slow steady growith rate.
Still stunted. Maybe putting some root work.
But the first set is bigger and the second set is a tiny bit bigger

Caio

LoL i've made 8gr with this lamp with a power between 8-13watts (without driver) in flowering; the grow box (thank you Blynx for inspire me) was 20cm x 27cm x 50cm.

Actual power consumption with meanwell LCM-40 (roughly 77% efficiency now) driver

picture.php

11 watts only lamp 25600 lux

Latest posts

Latest posts