What's new

First time grower with SILS on micro grow

Sampas92

Just newbin
So i made the transplant
I get her out, cleaned the roots pretty good and examined them hard to find anything, i didnt.
The tap root was the same size of the stem that was out of the soil, pretty much equal in length
Now she is back on the grow
picture.php

The stem was a tiny bit double the size you see now, i burried it to see if it helps on rooting, as she stretch, i will fill the rest of the pot. The soil is the same as the auto cookies, the bottom part with allmix from biobizz and the rest lightmix from biobizz also.
picture.php

Her leafs look dry, result of the low rh in the last 2 days of quarantine, but i hope with rh on 55/60% and the temps on 25c she will manage, will see in the next days.
Even if she dies, at least i learned something so ita not all wasted
Later in the day i will look for gnats, wich i couldnt find them since yesterday, i know that they cant enter the grow with the door closed, so i think im good.
Now i will spray the side holes of the pots with neem oil and a bit on top of the soil, just as preventive measure
See ya later guys

Sampas92

Just newbin
Updating the older ones

Updating the older ones

So, today i entered my room and i scent a sweet smell in the air, my skittles is flowering.
I say this because of the smell, the stretch she had in the last 2 days, and the pistils that she is showing.
picture.php

picture.php

You can notice they are thicker, fullier
picture.php

Im focusing only on the bigger one
picture.php

I tucked one of the big leafs yesterday and i already notice a difference in growth in the shadow and now have direct light
picture.php

Also at +/- 15cm for the sils directly above, i notice a faint purple light burn on the stems of the bigger leafs, dont mind

Sampas92

Just newbin
Day 04 of my seedling and the next day of the transplant of the second girl

Day 04 of my seedling and the next day of the transplant of the second girl

So, yesterday closer to lights out i already noticed that my transplanted, washed and cleaned of gants larvae photo skunk where pointing her leafs to the light, that told me i was in the good path for her to dont die.
Today, when i went to the grow i found her like this
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Perky leafs, not stretch whatsoever, and the start of the second set of leafs growth, once i looked at her i smilled from ear to ear, im happy, no gnats, the transplant seems that was a success.

Now the other one, so i know i shouldnt do certain things when im high, its not compatible, seeding is one of it. Yesterday i was respurposing the advance seeds and dinafem packages to store my gift from f-e when i notoce that i didnt seeded the cookies, i seeded the auto blueamnesia xxl from dinafem, i was pissed, i was saving her for the next better dialed and bigger pot grow, but today i forget about it because she is in a good path
Day 04 since broke the soil
picture.php

A beautifull seedling a good collouration i think and still not to stretchy.
Yesterday and today i sprayed the side holes of the pot with neem oil as preventive measure for gnats and larvae, even if its not the best thing for them.
See ya later guys
Peace

Caio

So, yesterday closer to lights out i already noticed that my transplanted, washed and cleaned of gants larvae photo skunk where pointing her leafs to the light, that told me i was in the good path for her to dont die.
Today, when i went to the grow i found her like this
View Image
View Image
View Image
Perky leafs, not stretch whatsoever, and the start of the second set of leafs growth, once i looked at her i smilled from ear to ear, im happy, no gnats, the transplant seems that was a success.

Now the other one, so i know i shouldnt do certain things when im high, its not compatible, seeding is one of it. Yesterday i was respurposing the advance seeds and dinafem packages to store my gift from f-e when i notoce that i didnt seeded the cookies, i seeded the auto blueamnesia xxl from dinafem, i was pissed, i was saving her for the next better dialed and bigger pot grow, but today i forget about it because she is in a good path
Day 04 since broke the soil
View Image
A beautifull seedling a good collouration i think and still not to stretchy.
Yesterday and today i sprayed the side holes of the pot with neem oil as preventive measure for gnats and larvae, even if its not the best thing for them.
See ya later guys
Peace

WoW the big plant have a beautiful lime green new growth, very very good :jump:.
Don't worry if the seedling do nothing for 2/3 days or grow slow, it's normal that a plant so young is a little bit stunt after a transplant. Give her time.

And i don't know if i can help, but the last time i grow automatic plants (10 years ago grass-o-matic seeds lowryder x ak47) didn't like the same amounts of water and fertilizer of photoperiod plants. Take it as a grain of salt.

Sampas92

Just newbin
WoW the big plant have a beautiful lime green new growth, very very good :jump:.
Don't worry if the seedling do nothing for 2/3 days or grow slow, it's normal that a plant so young is a little bit stunt after a transplant. Give her time.

And i don't know if i can help, but the last time i grow automatic plants (10 years ago grass-o-matic seeds lowryder x ak47) didn't like the same amounts of water and fertilizer of photoperiod plants. Take it as a grain of salt.

Im aware of the autos "beggining" in the grow scene and i saw the evolution they had along the years, this is my first grow but i crash on grow foruns and read about the subject since i was 14/15 years old, im 28 now, a lot of good info and lost to the time..there was pure gold in some threads from late 90s early 2000s..

Yeah she has a good colour now, its the first time im seeing this colouration in her, im hsppy with it.. she was a good school for me in very aspects, crash and learn.

Btw the transplanted skunk is not that stunted, the first pair is not bigger per se, but is more open if i should say and as the hours pass the second set of leafs is well defined..

Im loving the development of my auto blue amnesia, comparing with other threads i think im in the right schedule..

Now i just have one question to you all, should i raise the lights as she stretch?or should i let her grow to the lights as they are and chsnge anything if she ask for it?

Thanks caio

PCBuds

Yeah she has a good colour now, its the first time im seeing this colouration in her, im hsppy with it.. she was a good school for me in very aspects, crash and learn.

Do you know what was wrong at the start of your grow ?
Was it too much light, or nutes, or bad water?

What are you doing differently for your next batch ?

Now i just have one question to you all, should i raise the lights as she stretch?or should i let her grow to the lights as they are and chsnge anything if she ask for it?

I've found that the plants grow towards the lights and adjust to the intensity as they get closer, and older plants can handle more light.

I didn't raise my lights until I was worried about the plant hitting them.

I've had some of the leaves, even the smaller ones, drying up and dying but the buds were fine.

I say just watch the plants and see what they do.
Watch for signs of light bleaching.

Keep in mind that I always go overkill with lighting.

I'm trying my hardest to not do that with my latest closet plant.
It's like having a sports car and only being able to drive it 40 km/hr.
I just wanna hammer it. Lol

Sampas92

Just newbin
Do you know what was wrong at the start of your grow ?
Was it too much light, or nutes, or bad water?

What are you doing differently for your next batch ?

I've found that the plants grow towards the lights and adjust to the intensity as they get closer, and older plants can handle more light.

I didn't raise my lights until I was worried about the plant hitting them.

I've had some of the leaves, even the smaller ones, drying up and dying but the buds were fine.

I say just watch the plants and see what they do.
Watch for signs of light bleaching.

Keep in mind that I always go overkill with lighting.

I'm trying my hardest to not do that with my latest closet plant.
It's like having a sports car and only being able to drive it 40 km/hr.
I just wanna hammer it. Lol
Honestly, comparing with what i did the rest of the grow, i think i was watering too much, plus a lot of changes on spacing between them and the ligths intensity and such..and after thinking there was to waterings that the ph was a bit high and the bottled water..
In this new batch i seed that she stop stretching too much for ligth and start to put out growth between 8~10k lux in my luxmeter app, i dont care about the reliability of the readings but is a good tool to add to know a the proper spacing.

now i just want to dial how much tall i want her to grow and i think i need to adjust lights in the near future. i need to see how she space between each node, while im keeping in mind this strain is XXL and on the taller side of things, lets see.
I see differences before the skunk was transplanted between her and the autoblue.
The skunk streched more to start to put out growth, the stem was double the size of the entire size the auto is right now, lux readings was higher too, between 10~13k if i remember correctly, dunno if its because she is the photoperiod type wich likes more intense lights in some way than autos but she is a "small" strain..
For now and untill i see how they grow i will just be observant. Changes as needed.

I made something different and started it today. Aloe helps the soil to retain water, in the way it became very wet on my shallow pot even with the large surface area to evaporate, between that and the rh of the grow in proper levels, the soil maintains moisture much more time and i noticed that the more times i used the aloe in watering the soil, it become worse.
But i was thinking, the seedlings like the top of the pot moisture, the rest too, but the upper part dry faster. so to not have to spary so much, today i sprayed them with the aloe, comparing it with just water yesterday, the same times of spraying (5) and the same conditions, the soil is a bit more moist at this point, not something extreme, but is more suitable for their preferences at this stage, i dont want to add to much to dont have the water stagnat in the pot and i dont spray directly where she was seeded, a perimeter of 5cm radius +/-, so maybe ill spray with aloe again in 2 days, dunno, doing it as it goes kkkk

Tomorrow is another day, and the next one another, lets get by them one by one.
At this exact moment i feel im good
picture.php

At night time the rh reaches 35%, because the towells dryed, wainting a new fogger to help. Now the weather is 5~10c day time, -2~3c night time, rh is low, my setup is holdin on but i notice condensation forms only on the plastic, not isolated, walls because of temp differences, dont care.

The auto show good growth everyday compared to pics i see at the same days of life, no signs of anything bad, im a happy man right now :D

Peace

Caio

Im aware of the autos "beggining" in the grow scene and i saw the evolution they had along the years, this is my first grow but i crash on grow foruns and read about the subject since i was 14/15 years old, im 28 now, a lot of good info and lost to the time..there was pure gold in some threads from late 90s early 2000s..

Btw the transplanted skunk is not that stunted, the first pair is not bigger per se, but is more open if i should say and as the hours pass the second set of leafs is well defined..

Im loving the development of my auto blue amnesia, comparing with other threads i think im in the right schedule..

Thanks caio

If your plant need light she start to strech until she find a good amount of it, but, as pcbud wrote, if you want the maximum growth you need to find yourself whats the right distance between plant and led.
Try download "lux light meter" on play store and misure how many lux you have above your canopy.
You start with 20/30 klux and as your plant stretch she reach the maximum amount of light, 50/60 klux.

Write everything on a diary!!! Whatever you do, wrong or good.
Example: today i give 0.5 litre of water ph 6.2 with 2ml of biobizz bloom...write it!...today i rised the room temperature 2°C...write it!... the plant start display ph problems...write it!

picture.php

picture.php

On the left Nichia nfdlj130v1 2700°K 12.5 watts 1900 lumens at 10 cm from canopy, leafs set on fire (not joking). On the right 10x Cree Xp-l2 6000°K 9.5 watts 1900 lumens at 10 cm from canopy, leafs display severe damage.

picture.php

Zeus 308 308x Samsung lm308b 4000°K 12.5 watts 2900 lumens, plants can touch the leds without any damage.

Every led light is different!

And if some plants die don't give up!!!
Last year i've planted a C99 in 0.05 litre (50ml) of soil, 1 month veg 2 months flowering 1 month reveg and killed in 6 hours because i tested a new fertilizer thinking it was safe.
Sh@t happens. Lesson learned.

Fail+fail+fail=lesson learned.
Lesson learned=big harvest without any problems.

Try collect bagseeds for testing new fertilizer/soil/lamp/sprouting tecniques etc.

picture.php

:wave:

PCBuds

... between 8~10k lux in my luxmeter app, i dont care about the reliability of the readings but is a good tool to add to know a the proper spacing.

As far as I know and understand it,
You can't trust your luxmeter app to give an accurate lux reading,...
but you can trust the ratios.

If you're getting a reading of 16~20k lux, you know you've got twice as much.

You just need something to compare it to.

PCBuds

I think you need to think outside the box, and think within the orb...

Plants aren't flat. Their lighting shouldn't be either.

Something like this...

This is as close as I've come to orbital lighting...

I put a 10 Watt 800 lumen LED bulb, with the globe removed, in a coffee can full of dried leaves, and left it on for half a day.

I had no smoke or fire.

PCBuds

Sorry for the :off2:
How to like a post?

PS beautiful cat and wonderful test

Thanks, :thank you:
She's a happy cat.

I think you need to have 50 posts before you can give likes, as well as send and receive private messages, or edit your posts.
Make some posts on my thread if you want to get your post count up.
We can chat it up. Lol

I was really concerned about any potential for fire, so I put a SIL in the dry leaves to see what would happen.

If there is a fire, I might be asleep when it happens.

My LED light strips are 6.8 Watts and 1200 lumens. (the ceiling strips are twice that, and twice as long).

They run on 20 volts, so I don't have to worry about electrocuting myself.

They don't get too hot to touch but they can be damaged if the leaves grow right into them, so I covered them with plastic shields (cut from a cover for a fluorescent light fixture.)

I'm trying to have my closet as fail-safe and as simple as possible which is partly why I grow Autoflowers.

Sampas92

Just newbin
If your plant need light she start to strech until she find a good amount of it, but, as pcbud wrote, if you want the maximum growth you need to find yourself whats the right distance between plant and led.
Try download "lux light meter" on play store and misure how many lux you have above your canopy.
You start with 20/30 klux and as your plant stretch she reach the maximum amount of light, 50/60 klux.

Write everything on a diary!!! Whatever you do, wrong or good.
Example: today i give 0.5 litre of water ph 6.2 with 2ml of biobizz bloom...write it!...today i rised the room temperature 2°C...write it!... the plant start display ph problems...write it!

View Image

View Image

On the left Nichia nfdlj130v1 2700°K 12.5 watts 1900 lumens at 10 cm from canopy, leafs set on fire (not joking). On the right 10x Cree Xp-l2 6000°K 9.5 watts 1900 lumens at 10 cm from canopy, leafs display severe damage.

View Image

Zeus 308 308x Samsung lm308b 4000°K 12.5 watts 2900 lumens, plants can touch the leds without any damage.

Every led light is different!

And if some plants die don't give up!!!
Last year i've planted a C99 in 0.05 litre (50ml) of soil, 1 month veg 2 months flowering 1 month reveg and killed in 6 hours because i tested a new fertilizer thinking it was safe.
Sh@t happens. Lesson learned.

Fail+fail+fail=lesson learned.
Lesson learned=big harvest without any problems.

Try collect bagseeds for testing new fertilizer/soil/lamp/sprouting tecniques etc.

View Image

:wave:
You know the intensity of the cobs was the guilty for your problems, if your board was the bigger version they have ut could be a bit higher in power.

Im basing my distances by the excellent thread of sils here on icmag created by BLYNX they are just the evilution of cfls and work great. Some sativas strains require a lot more intensity in lighting as you know, and there are people here that had great success with them. Great thread.
Also comparing the results i was having with the older plants and my lux meter app, not because the readings per se but as a comparision, for example my older girls showed a little light burn at 15 cm from on sil directly above it, philips 13w 1521lm, and its a older plant that can get by with more intense light.
My seedling stoped stretching and started to put out growth at about 10k readings, the same amount i was getting in my older cab with more lights powered but at a greater distance, since i have the comparision of the first batch i started this one reaching for that readings and the stretch was minimal, i achieved my goal at that stage.
Now i just want to see the internodal spacing that she is going to get as she grows with this lights configuration and reading the intensity with my meter to get a better notion in the next grow, as you said, fail fail learn, in life its the only way.
Unfortanly at this time, in my country there is not many hash or weed of quality around, and its rare getting bagseeds from black market nugs here, in my 12 years of smoking, i only get them once.

Once again, thank you for passing your knowledge and experience and dont worry about the off topic.

Peace

Sampas92

Just newbin
I think you need to think outside the box, and think within the orb...

Plants aren't flat. Their lighting shouldn't be either.

Something like this...

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/YC6GW8vf/Screenshot-20210107-224039-Google.jpg]View Image[/url]

This is as close as I've come to orbital lighting...

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/zB6Kjv8n/20210107-232826.jpg]View Image[/url]

I put a 10 Watt 800 lumen LED bulb, with the globe removed, in a coffee can full of dried leaves, and left it on for half a day.

I had no smoke or fire.

[URL=https://i.postimg.cc/PJkVKStW/20191117_144649.jpg]View Image[/url]
They arent flat, but they have growed flat for ages on indoor grows with excelent results and you know that buds.
Honestly i like both aproches, yours is on the lazy side and the scrogging or sogging in on the other.
Its a learning curve that i want to start when i get a full notion on all stages of the plant, seed, veg, flo, with light from above. After that i will start learning and experimenting with sidelighting

Sampas92

Just newbin
Update on the flowering girls

Update on the flowering girls

So since they started flowering and trowing pistils out, i feed them some bloom, light mix
Today they are noticeably thicker..the younger one stretched more, the older one thicken more..
The younger one is flowering faster i think, she was seeded one week later and have the same problems her sister had but at a early and more critical stage of her life, maybe its because its smaller.
Some pics
picture.php

The leafs removed from both of them were the most damaged, i also cutted the old damaged tips of the leafs of the older girl to see if any new problem shows
picture.php

My hand for size comparision for you guys, also is the only leaf that have bad development and only in one of the fingers (curled one)
picture.php

picture.php

I didnt take pics of the bud site of the older one because almost no pistils there
picture.php

The younger is significantly smaller and thinner, shorther too (older one i made lst in the main stem)

Latest posts

Latest posts