First time grower with SILS on micro grow

Caio

So day 7 after broke soil
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

It growed a bit in height but is minimal, the 2nd set is bigger and i start to see the 3rd growing
Good lime green of new growth but still i think it should be a bit stretchier, also im afraid some of the lime green may be a tiny sign of a bit to much intense light
I dont want it to grow squating and bushier..
What you guys think?turn off the 65k sil?
Im thinking in add a 25w halogen bulb to get far red to stimulate stretch..
Im going to eat something and think on the subject
But i think it should be a bit taller by now at this stage..what you guys think when you compare to your grows?

The Skunk is doing fine give her time.

Don't worry if doesn't strech...if she have a lot of indica in her genes is normal...wait up another week for streching...
don't give your plants strong difference of temperature between the canopy and roots. 18° soil and 20° canopy is better than 18° soil and 30° canopy.

Sampas92

Just newbin
The Skunk is doing fine give her time.

Don't worry if doesn't strech...if she have a lot of indica in her genes is normal...wait up another week for streching...
don't give your plants strong difference of temperature between the canopy and roots. 18° soil and 20° canopy is better than 18° soil and 30° canopy.

After seeing your timelapse again im not so worryed kkkkkk

Sampas92

Just newbin
I added the halogen bulb, 25w at the same heigth the leds are, next to the 65k sil..its a lot of power for the amount of led watts that they are getting now, but will see what it does in the next hours, days.
It should add some stretch to them, plus a bit higher leaf temp, i just want to see if she strech a little..plus i dont have any halogen bulb with lower watts..

Sampas92

Just newbin
So now, after this few minutes with the halogen bulb, i feel im in a mix of 2 worlds.
I just added the halogen bulb and did not do anything else besides wet my towels to maintain proper rh values.
After 10 minutes my grow was on 31.5c getting up.
Shit, i forgot that as leaf temps get up everything else gets up temp wise because of ir of the halogen, so i oppened the door to cool it a bit..after some while of getting the grow stable i see that now it maintain the temps easier withouth the need of the heater turn on so much.

I do see a difference in temps between the lower floor of the grow and the upper one..the upper one have a bit less temp registered than the lower one where the halogen is, ir may contribute to that.
Lets see where this gets.
Meanwhile i catch this girl praying loud
picture.php

"Please God Phillips, make my grower treat me good, with good food, good ventilation, protected from the harmfull, and i promise he will harvest half a joint":biggrin:

Caio

What's the temperature of the soil?

If the temperature is 31° the photosyntesis is at maximum, but if the soil is too cold the roots can't give enough water and nutrients.

PCBuds

I added the halogen bulb, 25w at the same heigth the leds are, next to the 65k sil..its a lot of power for the amount of led watts that they are getting now, but will see what it does in the next hours, days.
It should add some stretch to them, plus a bit higher leaf temp, i just want to see if she strech a little..plus i dont have any halogen bulb with lower watts..

Be careful, it sounds like a big change all at once.

Sampas92

Just newbin
What's the temperature of the soil?

If the temperature is 31° the photosyntesis is at maximum, but if the soil is too cold the roots can't give enough water and nutrients.

Are you telling me to get my soil at 31c?
If you are talking about the air temp, thats a discussion in leds grows that i see nobody come to a even conclusion
I dont know about my soil temp..i feel since my heater is below them that it should the same the air temp or a bit less, later i will stick my probes to it.
Cold feet on summer times, warm feet on winter times.

Sampas92

Just newbin
Be careful, it sounds like a big change all at once.

Call me crazy but i went to moisture the top part of the pots a bit and i think i see a slight stretch, also my temps are even more stable since the heat output of the halogen, thats a plus till now.
I want to see the difference in the next 2 days, then i will decide if i keep the bulb or not..if it works in this % of power ratio, it will be fun to play with it in different stages of growth :biggrin:

PCBuds

I want to see the difference in the next 2 days, then i will decide if i keep the bulb or not..if it works in this % of power ratio, it will be fun to play with it in different stages of growth :biggrin:

Just don't broil them. Lol

Caio

Try it!

If you don't try you can't know!

But take them on visual sight in next few hours...if there are some problems you can act promptly to remove the halogen.

As PCBuds say, it's a big change all in once.

Sampas92

Just newbin
picture.php

picture.php

She perked up.
Im so happy that she is doin perfect untill now.
Readings on her are 9~10k lux
On the older sisters the readings are 45~50k, super perky, the new growth has 2cm long and its completly flat against each other, i dindt measure the temps in that exact point, but i put my cold her under the sil i dont feel a lot of heat for the 4 finger spacing she have between her and the light
picture.php

I used the widelens of my camera for this one, it misleads the spacing between them

PCBuds

I don't know if it's your lighting, or your camera, but the older sisters look kinda pale to me.

Sampas92

Just newbin
I don't know if it's your lighting, or your camera, but the older sisters look kinda pale to me.

Its the lighting spectrum, i only have one 9w 65k to 2 13w 25k, the lime green is healthy new growth that is expanded by the spectrum and the phone camera IA..
at naked eye they dont show any sign of any def or toxicity that i can find not even light burn
On the younger ones you dont notice that because as the light spreads, the 65k seems to be intenser than the 25k in the same proportion..also the plants slightly turn to the middle 9w65k sil instead of the side 13w 25k, all of them at the same distance.
From what i have seen its because the % of 25k diodes to 65k is off. Usually to make the so talked 35k spectrum 20% of the diodes must be 65k, and the rest 25k +/-, not because of the diodes are stronger but because of the spectrum intensity difference between them..

PCBuds

I've found that the pictures where I'm zoomed in more look more like what I am actually seeing.

I still find hard to get an accurate picture though.

Turning off my lights and using the camera flash, helps a bit.

Sampas92

Just newbin
10 minutes to lights off and my auto looks like this
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Its perkier, this will be a nice comparision pics for tomorrow..
I also watered all the girls, the pot were quite light so for the youngins i watered 250ml pure tap ph'd 6.5 water each and the older ones get 500ml of ph 6.5 with 0.5ml/l of calmag and 0.4 of bloom..its there second watering with bloom so im adding up slowly, the first one was 0.2. No pics of them cause i need to get some sleep and they were like me, all floppy down ready to some sleep, tomorrow ill take pics of it
Edit: i burried my probes 10cm deep in the soil, half the length of the pot height to the side of each girl, the roots were at 23c, perfect, the watering was at 15c and then started going back up. So no cool soils for me
Peace

Sampas92

Just newbin
Auto day 8 /photo day 5 after transplant

Auto day 8 /photo day 5 after transplant

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Day 8 since she broke the spoil.
I expect to see kind of a explosion in growth, i dont know if i should add more light or let her grow but i think its growing squaty, what you guys think?
Should i reduce my lights my light output? Or move the pot to not so much direct light beam? Since she germinated i didnt see with the leafs perky as i would like them to be..you guys that been around longer, my leafs show a pattern of good, high or low intensity lighting?

This is day 5 since the photo was transplanted, success against gnats, i didnt see any in these days i think im free of them.
picture.php

picture.php

The 1st set is longer but thin, the 2nd set is more pronounced

Both of them seem to have liked the watering, at least everything is still fine
Temps are in check, 25c, 1c variation, 50/55% i would like it to be a bit higher but i cant, the intake air is too dry
The older girls will have a update later in the day
But they dont look dry at all so at least i save time on hand watering kkkk

Caio

Your seedling is growing happy and fast.
Take a deep breath and relax.
I personally hate the seedling stage because is so slow and booring...
If temperature, fertilizer, ph, rh, lights are in the right range, you haven't anything else to do. Give her time.
Probably she is growing roots right now and you can't see them. I see also some stretch in her.

If she stop the growth and start some yellowing and leaves drops that mean there is too much light.
If the next set of leaves have 3 fingers and not 5, you need more light.
:)

PCBuds

If the next set of leaves have 3 fingers and not 5, you need more light.

I didn't know that,...

What do you figure that I've got going on?

It looks like 3 fingers.

Do things like the Indica/Sativa mix have anything to do with it?

Does my Autoflower plant effect things?

I can raise the planter to give it more light.
I'm trying to not overdo it with lighting this time but maybe she does need more?

Caio

I didn't grow autos in 10 years so idk.
But that set of leaves is not complete...only when leaves have a stalk you can clearly see if she have 3 or 5 fingers.

PCBuds

I didn't grow autos in 10 years so idk.
But that set of leaves is not complete...only when leaves have a stalk you can clearly see if she have 3 or 5 fingers.

Thanks,
I did turn up my lights a bit.
I'm at about 8000 LUX now,... maybe still a bit low though.

Hmmm???
I might hook up my hanging adjustable light again?

Maybe I should aim for around 12,000 LUX ??