What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First foray into organics

Bmac1

Veteran
Yes, teas are the only thing I am feeding them. Once a week I give them a tea of EWC and BSM. I dont use RO water either. I just fill the bucket with tap water and then put some dirt in and let it sit for a few minutes. The chlorine smell disappears almost instantly and it seems to be working well so far.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
I let my tap water sit for 24 hours to expel any chlorine from H2o. The chlorine kills the microbial colonies that are in the soil.I have heard aerating tap water speeds up the elimination of chlorine process Quicker.But Im not sure of how long that takes.

Great thread Bmac

Bmac1

Veteran
Thanks PH. Chlorine in the water was a big concern for me when I decided to try organics. Then I saw that adding something organic to the water neutralizes the chlorine very quickly. Then I add the good stuff. I used to let it it sit out for 24 hours prior as well but decided to go this route with this run.

lotus710

chloride evaps out but Chloramine doesnt evap from the water. that will also kill all the microbes. aquatic life sells an r.o filter for not even 100$:)

BigBozat

chloride evaps out but Chloramine doesnt evap from the water. that will also kill all the microbes. aquatic life sells an r.o filter for not even 100$:)

Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) neutralizes chloramines, too.
My muni tap water doesn't use chlorine anymore, just chloramines (which, indeed, don't easily degrade like chlorine, nor is easily filtered (need R/O w/ special filter). I think a lot of muni water systems are going that way to meet EPA regs, so chlorine is becoming somewhat less of a concern while chloramine's becoming more prevalent & thus of concern...

1,000 mg tablet (ground/pulverized) will neutralize roughly 40 gals of tap water. Somewhere in another thread recently, someone posted the reaction time; to be safe, I'd say let it react for an hour. The presence of the extra Vitamin C shouldn't impact negatively much, if anything, of anything going on microbially in the soil...

lotus710

woah! nice to know! thatll be helpful for when im in a pinch waiting on getting an r.o filter. i need an ac unit more then an r.o filter atm:p

Bmac1

Veteran
Here we are at day 43 of 12/12 and all is going well. Been a hectic week with a wedding coming up tomorrow so they didnt get a tea this week. I may back off on the weekly tea from here on out, maybe go to every other week till they come down. Starting to see a little bit of a fade on a couple of them. Giving them about 2-3 liters every other day.

Group shot:

picture.php

Here is ChemSour x SSCDH f2 #1. She has a very intoxicating aroma that makes me thing of cola/rootbeer/carrots with the diesel backend really picking up now. If it goes as the last one did, the diesel should really break through in the next week or so.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
CHemSour x SSCDH f2 #1 cont'd

picture.php

picture.php

DSD

She has a very nice sweet/skunky aroma that definitely has a strawberry twang to it. Nice, dense buds and good frost. The clawing would lead me to believe she is a little N sensitive but she is trucking along nicely and fattening up.

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
DSD cont'd

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the Purple Dream. So frosty and the densest nugs of the bunch, rock hard nugs that smell of sweetness and astringent.

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
Purple Dream cont'd

picture.php

picture.php

Here is ChemSour x SSCDH f2 #2. She is really packing on frost and swelling calyx's. She has a very sweet/sour aroma to her that reminds me of smelling sour patch kids candy. No diesel at all on this one.

picture.php

picture.php

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Ok Bmac today is the big day.:party:
I wanted to congratulate you and your queen on your nuptials. Please enjoy the day.
Remember if you have any questions on the honey moon you can PM me and I will advise you accordingly.:biggrin:

Have Fun Buddy and away respect one another:)

Bmac1

Veteran
These pics were from yesterday which was day 49 of 12/12. They have been getting just water for the past while. I do have a tea brewing right now but I think I will just use that to kick start my soil for the peppers and tomatoes I picked up on the weekend.

The plants are all doing well and the stink is heavenly. Such a good dose of terpenes in this group by the smell of things.

Group shot

picture.php

ChemSour x SSCDH f2 #1 - This one has such a great aroma. Last run I took her to about 9-9.5 weeks and I thought there were a little more amber trichs than I normally get to/like. The smoke was and is still fantastic though. This one being a clone, I thought would finish even a bit earlier and I do see some amber trichs starting to show up. I am guessing she is nearing the finish line. Getting a bit of floppage on her and while tying up the stem, I brushed up against her and put an oil slick on my arm, she is so greasy its unreal.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts