What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First foray into organics

Bmac1

Veteran
Yes, apparently the rep isn't so good but I did say I will do it so I will. I won't be putting all my eggs in the Greenpoint basket thought as I have seen a lot of hermy reports mind you it was mostly with the monster cookie crosses.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
to be fair i just dabbed a bit of bruce banner #3 x monstercookies rosin and it's delish and very upbeat.

no male flowers on the ounce or two i've smoked. a talented friend grew them out and they're good looking nugs

to my eyes and palate it was leaning a lot towards the kksc grandma.

Bmac1

Veteran
So my first organic run is in the books. The buds have been sitting in jars for about a month or so and I have been sampling ever since, lol.

My initial observations are that I love being able to give just water and the odd tea. The buds were very aromatic and smooth as soon as they were dry and that has gotten even better with time in the jars. That being said, yield is noticeably less by about a few oz than what I am used to in my setup. It shocked me initially because the buds looked pretty girthy. They shrunk up a bit more than I had been used to. The frost and aroma was certainly there but yield and density were not up to par with previous Chem runs.

I think the Easy bake mix was a little N heavy but will balance out for the 9-11 weekers I think. Maybe a better mulch or some biochar would help that in the future? I am also thinking I will try to come up with a bit of an organic PK boost next time to see if that helps the yield and density.

The chemsour x sscdh f2 #1 is a special lady in my books. I can't tell if she smells more or less than the previous batch, seems about even. Same with frost. Still a frost monster with notes of cola, carrots and diesel.

The chemsour x sscdh f2 #2 could have used another week, maybe two but she was starting to throw nanners pretty good. She has a nice sour, fruity flavor and looks great but I find the high just average in effect and duration. I still have a cut of it but I think it will be culled. #1 is the star so far and I want to find a nice male to take it to f3.

The purple dream is solid but it's time to move on. Great bag appeal, nice high and flavor but she has been culled.

The DSD was a nice surprise. She too could have gone another week or two. She was the biggest yield of the bunch, nice frost and a great aroma of sour strawberry and menthol. She has a nice strong and lasting high as well. I was pleasantly surprised and will be keeping her around for a bit.

I will be back to update with pics and put this thread to bed. Thanks for tagging along.

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
So my first organic run is in the books. The buds have been sitting in jars for about a month or so and I have been sampling ever since, lol.

My initial observations are that I love being able to give just water and the odd tea. The buds were very aromatic and smooth as soon as they were dry and that has gotten even better with time in the jars. That being said, yield is noticeably less by about a few oz than what I am used to in my setup. It shocked me initially because the buds looked pretty girthy. They shrunk up a bit more than I had been used to. The frost and aroma was certainly there but yield and density were not up to par with previous Chem runs.

I think the Easy bake mix was a little N heavy but will balance out for the 9-11 weekers I think. Maybe a better mulch or some biochar would help that in the future? I am also thinking I will try to come up with a bit of an organic PK boost next time to see if that helps the yield and density.

The chemsour x sscdh f2 #1 is a special lady in my books. I can't tell if she smells more or less than the previous batch, seems about even. Same with frost. Still a frost monster with notes of cola, carrots and diesel.

The chemsour x sscdh f2 #2 could have used another week, maybe two but she was starting to throw nanners pretty good. She has a nice sour, fruity flavor and looks great but I find the high just average in effect and duration. I still have a cut of it but I think it will be culled. #1 is the star so far and I want to find a nice male to take it to f3.

The purple dream is solid but it's time to move on. Great bag appeal, nice high and flavor but she has been culled.

The DSD was a nice surprise. She too could have gone another week or two. She was the biggest yield of the bunch, nice frost and a great aroma of sour strawberry and menthol. She has a nice strong and lasting high as well. I was pleasantly surprised and will be keeping her around for a bit.

I will be back to update with pics and put this thread to bed. Thanks for tagging along.

Great report, thank you

Bmac1

Veteran
I generally do shut down to avoid the heat but am going to try to sneak another round in before October. Got the testers to do and I would like to pop a few more beans.

Bmac1

Veteran
CHemSour x SSCDH f2 #1

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
I just got the last ingredients I was waiting on to make my new mix. Will be letting it cook for a few weeks and firing up a new run in mid October.

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
I thought i had commented. Must have been too high. lol

Those nugs look real good and it will be great to see you get things going again. Organic! :)

Bmac1

Veteran
Been dealing with a few of lifes curves balls and am chomping at the bit to get going again. I hope to get something going soon.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i hear that. good luck sorting stuff out!

just stopped by to show support. i look forward to seeing the next round in here!

SourDank

Veteran
I know they're from an old grow man but you crushed those Chem Sour x's. Frost for days man, looking forward to seeing you rolling again homie

Latest posts

Latest posts