What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First foray into organics

Bmac1

Veteran
I did only use 30l of worm castings. I saw some bio char at the garden center and was going to grab it but decided not to. I guess I should have. I will pick some up in the future. I'm not sure I'll do another run right away but definitely have some decisions to make. Thanks for all the input.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not sure how much to trust my word, I thought I was in his thread in the Organic subforum. So much mental vomit. Now back to the regularly scheduled programming of looking at beauty organic flowers :D

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Hey Bmac
I seem to always find one plant that does not like the amount of N in my mix. I just stop teas and only give water. She never un-claws but will produce nice bud and grow to full potential.
I have a goji og cross with a couple eagle talon here and there.

Great thread

Bmac1

Veteran
Ya, it doesn't bother me much. Especially when they look as nice as they do otherwise. They have not gotten any tea for a while now and won't get any more from here on out. My SLH clawed no matter what it seemed so I totally get that some plants are just that way. This is the first time that all plants have shown signs of it though.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
Im planning on doing what heady blunts said. No till all the way:) do you think the high N is strain specific or from the easy bake? And if it is from the easy bake what would someone recommend to add in to even out the nitrogen?

the best solution is more light! :biggrin:

I'm not personally familiar with easy bake but if you're making a mix with an all purpose dry organic fertilizer mix and you're finding it is weighted too strongly in one nutrient profile simply use less per volume and compensate with other amendments or fertilizers.

Hey mates I really don't want to start a discussion but imo there is no way doing nothing for reuse the soil.

Old roots, as Ph-Patrol has well said, must to be removed because it is going to rot in a few days after chop the plant and the fungi and mold are going to appear, nothing good on it.

Also there are many P and K residues in salt form, wich is not good for a young plant. I would clean it before doing nothing with that soil.

So, here is a technical question... I mean, you can know the quantity of salts measuring the EC of the soil, just water the pots and collect the remaining water from below (percolation), if the EC is about 0'8ms or more, then clean the soil with some enzymes.

Keep in mind that not only the water but also the soil EC limits you to feed the plants.

On the other hand, the most part of microelements will be consumed by the current plant so might be a good idea to regenerate that soil.

Hope this helps

Vibes.

:confused:

Bmac1

Veteran
8 weeks today and the ChemSour x SSCDH #1 and the Purple Dream can be chopped right now while it looks like the #2 and the DSD could go another week or two. I Will split the difference and likely chop them this weekend. I have been having some temperature issues the past week or two and the #2 is throwing a few nanners here and there. I Think the 2 go hand in hand in this case. All the plants are getting their fade on pretty nicely.

There is also some family drama going on and it just has the hairs on the back of my neck standing up as it involves someone who is incapable of reason or civility and simply nothing they would do would surprise me. Makes me think I should tighten up my belt and assess the situation for a few weeks.

Enough of that and on to the last photo dump before the chop. Enjoy.

Group shot day 56

picture.php

ChemSour x SSCDH f2 #1

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
ChemSour x SSCDH f2 #1 cont'd

This is my second run with this plant and I think the organics may have effected the terpenes. In the first round with synthetics, the diesel was not there in the beginning, it came on strong in week 6ish and faded a little at the end. This round in the organics, the diesel note was present from the appearance of the first trichs and never got quite as intense. Just an observation. She still reeks just a little differently.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
DSD- looking good and smelling nice. I think I may run this one again if she smokes nice.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
Purple Dream- I am really liking this plant. Dense nugs, great aroma/flavor and bag appeal and ready in 8 weeks.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bmac1

Veteran
ChemSour x SSCDH f2 #2 - Really liking this one but she does seem a bit temperamental, throwing nanners due to the heat is what I believe. Ive picked a few clusters off and Im sure there are a few more in there somewhere but not enough to not want to run her again. Smells the way chewing on a mouthful of sour patch kids tastes, pure fruity sourness. I want to eat it when I smell it. Looks like she could use 2 more weeks but I cant give it to her this time.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Every thing is looking great on the final days of your organic run.
Now as far as family goes goes,I have sisters that I love but would not let them in on my hobbies because I do not trust them at all.
If You think some one has something on you just smile and comply with them.Then when you are safe proceed to burn them all to the fucking ground.:)

Play chess not checkers:)
Good luck brother Bmac

Seneca_

Im wondering if I could put a top layer of hydroton clay pellets on top to use as a mulch? I want to try and keep the top from drying out too quick.

I dont have access to straw and would stick out like dogs balls bringing a bail of hay into my place anyway, lol. I like the idea of the living mulch but dont have the seeds on hand and Im thinking that would be something I should get started before transplant.

You can purchase oat straw at the pet store for small critters. It will look like you have a hamster. Not out of place at all in an apartment setting.

Bmac1

Veteran
Every thing is looking great on the final days of your organic run.
Now as far as family goes goes,I have sisters that I love but would not let them in on my hobbies because I do not trust them at all.
If You think some one has something on you just smile and comply with them.Then when you are safe proceed to burn them all to the fucking ground.:)

Play chess not checkers:)
Good luck brother Bmac

Im definitely more of a chess guy PH and I am well aware of this person and their capabilities so I am just going to keep mt t's crossed and my I's dotted for a little bit.

I usually shut down over the summer anyway but we will see how this plays out cause we are getting summer temps a month early this year and it caused me a little grief with this run.

Got the stash jarred up yesterday and will be back with some pics,thoughts and reports shortly.

You can purchase oat straw at the pet store for small critters. It will look like you have a hamster. Not out of place at all in an apartment setting.

I did see tiny bails of straw at the grocery store one day out of the blue and thought about it but the hydroton worked just fine and I already had it on hand.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Im definitely more of a chess guy PH and I am well aware of this person and their capabilities so I am just going to keep mt t's crossed and my I's dotted for a little bit.

I usually shut down over the summer anyway but we will see how this plays out cause we are getting summer temps a month early this year and it caused me a little grief with this run.

Got the stash jarred up yesterday and will be back with some pics,thoughts and reports shortly.

I thought you had a green point project to start?
I usually shut down but i have a Karma test run commitment so summer heat here I come.
I'm thinking a long 200watt veg with ac going.:confused:
Looking forward to your next report especially the smoke report portion.

I hope your other issue resolves quickly.
Be Safe

Bmac1

Veteran
I do have a GreenPoint test that I committed to and I will follow through, it just may be delayed a bit. I have a portable ac so the heat can be dealt with. Its the crazy bitch that has me on my heels, lol. For now anyway.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bowchikka wow wow. Looks like a great run wrapping up, bring on the smoke resport and stash shots :) Loving the bud structure on the Chem Sour x SSCDH, looks easy on the ol' scissor hand.