What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First closed loop system--Which should I get?

Lono

Sorry GW :). I'm sure a picture is worth far more than 1,000 words in this case.

As you can see, it's pretty much a v2 sweetleaf without the sight glass and a removable middle column. I figure if the safety risks of the sweet leaf are the sight glass and the type of seals and gaskets used, why not just scape em? No sight glass, and all proper materials(buna-n, ptfe, what ever,,,still learning about which to use when. only been at this for 2-3 weeks)

The filter on top of the collection filter is a 4u slow flow ashless lap filter paper(9.0cm->~3.5") which is sitting on a tri-clamp viton ring with a 250u SS mesh screen.
http://www.glaciertanks.com/TriClamp_Screen_Gaskets-TriClamp_VITON_Screen_Gasket_20_mesh_4.html

couldn't find the filter paper.

The mesh screen helps to keep the filter paper in place. These are secured by a 4"-3" tri-clamp adapter. Then attached to that is a 3" valve(ball or butterfly?).

At the bottom of the column is a 11u medium flow lab filter paper also sitting on a viton mesh screen gasket. And if I'm not mistaken, that could be secured using the valve that will be placed directly below it.

The rest is what I described in the above post...pretty straight forward. I pretty much copied Bret verbatim(thanks bret!). Not sure if this is how he runs his v2 or if this is how they all are.

I should say that the only reason I am skeptical of this idea is because I don't see Graywolf doing it already :)(serious though). Other than that, I am pretty confident about it. I understand that the valves for this size would be quite expensive, but I don't see any alternative(please enlighten me if you do)

So there you go GW, thanks for your time :) much love!

I'd wait for gw's his are the origional and extremely modifiable. It's like saying which is better, a Swiss Army knife or a knockoff Swiss Army knife, ones the original the other isn't but both will accomplish the job.

Given that both of our systems come from the same place, it really is a non-issue.

That being said, Wolfworx is now only GW and since he isn't interested in running a start-up yet has gotten stuck doing so, I don't see them doing much after their initial order arrived. I realize he may say otherwise, but when you lose your other partner to unfortunate circumstances, it makes the long term viability of the business that much more unlikely.

Grow4Flow

Given that both of our systems come from the same place, it really is a non-issue.

That being said, Wolfworx is now only GW and since he isn't interested in running a start-up yet has gotten stuck doing so, I don't see them doing much after their initial order arrived. I realize he may say otherwise, but when you lose your other partner to unfortunate circumstances, it makes the long term viability of the business that much more unlikely.

Does this mean Wolfwurx is building the Redbeards, or Terps and RB's will both be coming from the east?

GW,
Is Terpextractors also Wolfwurx?

I believe the reason you don't see GW doing the inline dewaxing is because he would just winterize. I wouldn't be surprised to see him working on something using cryo equipment.

The reason you don't see a lot of people doing what you are talking about is due to hassle of it all. It locks up a system for a longer period of time, provides new challenges to reclaim, requires a system that can handle cryo temps, etc.

For the small time guy, it might be fine, but when you start doing production, freezing your tubes and butane provides enough of the benefits of dewaxing without the long delays. We can flood and dump a 2.5lb column in under 3 min, so things are going to get that warm in that time

Lono

I believe the reason you don't see GW doing the inline dewaxing is because he would just winterize. I wouldn't be surprised to see him working on something using cryo equipment.

The reason you don't see a lot of people doing what you are talking about is due to hassle of it all. It locks up a system for a longer period of time, provides new challenges to reclaim, requires a system that can handle cryo temps, etc.

For the small time guy, it might be fine, but when you start doing production, freezing your tubes and butane provides enough of the benefits of dewaxing without the long delays. We can flood and dump a 2.5lb column in under 3 min, so things are going to get that warm in that time

Interesting RB, thanks for the input. Seeing now it may be more trouble than its worth.

Did you get the email I sent you yesterday?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=53196&pictureid=1241712View Image

Sorry GW :). I'm sure a picture is worth far more than 1,000 words in this case.

As you can see, it's pretty much a v2 sweetleaf without the sight glass and a removable middle column. I figure if the safety risks of the sweet leaf are the sight glass and the type of seals and gaskets used, why not just scape em? No sight glass, and all proper materials(buna-n, ptfe, what ever,,,still learning about which to use when. only been at this for 2-3 weeks)

The filter on top of the collection filter is a 4u slow flow ashless lap filter paper(9.0cm->~3.5") which is sitting on a tri-clamp viton ring with a 250u SS mesh screen.
http://www.glaciertanks.com/TriClamp_Screen_Gaskets-TriClamp_VITON_Screen_Gasket_20_mesh_4.html

couldn't find the filter paper.

The mesh screen helps to keep the filter paper in place. These are secured by a 4"-3" tri-clamp adapter. Then attached to that is a 3" valve(ball or butterfly?).

At the bottom of the column is a 11u medium flow lab filter paper also sitting on a viton mesh screen gasket. And if I'm not mistaken, that could be secured using the valve that will be placed directly below it.

The rest is what I described in the above post...pretty straight forward. I pretty much copied Bret verbatim(thanks bret!). Not sure if this is how he runs his v2 or if this is how they all are.

I should say that the only reason I am skeptical of this idea is because I don't see Graywolf doing it already :)(serious though). Other than that, I am pretty confident about it. I understand that the valves for this size would be quite expensive, but I don't see any alternative(please enlighten me if you do)

So there you go GW, thanks for your time :) much love!

That is pretty much what I was describing as far as a two chambered system, with interim filter, except for the type of filter.

We haven't given up on the design, pending the results from our cryogenic equipment associates review of alternatives. So far I haven't pressed him because not extracting the wax in the first place seems like an easier solution.

I do know folks just adding more filters, whom report improved results.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No, wolfworx was suppose to be the venture run by GW's son. GW was to help but that was it. Currently GW is the only one keeping it alive between those two. Given all that has happened, I doubt you will see anything come of the venture. I don't see them as competition, just an observation based on the information I know about the son. I know GW likes to keep the name relevant, but don't expect anything from them in terms of an outfit making extractors for anyone other than possibly high end and if GW handles it.

We both get parts from the same factory, although it was just a coincidence. It is too hard trying to get parts locally and I found that trying to find US made stainless steel more difficult and expensive than it was worth. In fact, some outfits charge US made prices for stuff they import from China. Hell, even the dixon clamps I get are made in china. You just can't beat the prices and quality.

No, terpextractors is just their own outfit. They created a niche for themselves because carla overcharged for her units. I'd be surprised if specialized stays in the business of making extractors.

Hee, hee, hee.................. What an interesting perspective! It must feel comforting to view things that way.

WolfWurx isn't advertizing or making any announcements until our hardware arrives, our site is built, and Waywardwolf has relocated. The last thing we want is to piss off all of our first customers, like some more naive startups are doing.

All of our customers thus far, have sought us out and pressed the order on us. All thus far still love us and sing our praise, a situation we intend to nurture.

I wish everyone making Terpenator clones and emulations, as well as competing designs success, because it looks to me to be a huge market and room for everyone.

If there was only one, they would soon turn into A-holes, and not care, because they wouldn't have to.

I've turned down multiple offers for partnerships from financiers to jump in with both feet and dominate the extractor market, because financial partners are often a pain in the neck and I have no desire to dominate any market.

I spent most of my professional career stressed out pushing the state of the art for the leading Fortune 500 company in their field and keeping them ahead of the international pack, so choose not to in retirement.

I don't consider you or anyone else competition, because WolfWurx, Inc is an engineering consulting firm, who designs and manages the building of custom equipment, based on Graywolf designs.

Not just for the cannabis market, but for industry in general, including aerospace. Attached is a good example of a dual vacuum interlocked inert atmosphere weld chamber for exotic allows, designed and installed by Graywolf in an Oregon aerospace facility.

Our customers are not just paying for the hardware, they are paying for our innovative abilities and reputation for solid technical support.

While we do import sell Mk IV and V Terpenator parts kits to protect ourselves against poor inventories and price gouging, we also have contracts with different investment groups to engineer complete processing plants, that includes custom extraction equipment, as well as a half dozen full dress Mk V's and a Mk VI.

Of one thing for certain, despite your dire predictions bro, after the first lot of kits being spoken for before arrival, WolfWurx will most certainly be placing a second larger parts order.

We can't keep up with orders without hardware and there certainly doesn't seem to be any problem moving parts kits, even without advertizing or attacking the competition........

Attachments

• Dual installation.jpg
    Dual installation.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 16

Lono

Hmm, decisions decisions...

Waiting for a wolfworx mkiv may be a possibility. I love the design. Plus I could use more time to research the process and what not. Never hurts to be prepared.

Since I am planning on doing this at the professional level, the mkiv/mkv seems like a clear choice. Like you said, fire Marshall pleaser. Definitely important to me. Seems like the only other real option for production at that level would be an emotek. And unfortunately I don't have 25k to shell out of a system.

I owe more than that on my f***Ing student loans for crying out loud!

Thanks so much for your time Graywolf. Always appreciated my friend.

PS any approximate date for when a mkiv kit will be a available :)?

I think that if people are waiting on more options in the market such as wolfworx, they should know that it happening is WAY off. To imply otherwise might be a bit more hopeful on your part than is realistic.

I agree this market is huge and there is room for everyone. Struggles with the current lot of extractor companies, mine included, certainly leaves room for competition if those problems can't be fixed. It is certainly more overwhelming than I anticipated, but we are finally able to hire some people to help ease the work load.

I certainly didn't mean to offend GW, but knowing your situation better than most, my predictions/observations are pretty spot on. You are also going for a different segment of the market than I. But in certain situations, we obviously overlap. Am I attacking you? I don't think so. Just like we are having problems, so do you. I hope we both overcome them, but I think yours are going to be more difficult because it requires something from your son that he currently doesn't have the ability to overcome. :(

Last edited:

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Uncool RB, that's airing other member's personal shit. You burn bridges even faster than me, and let me tell you, it's a lonely life...

Lono

Uncool RB, that's airing other member's personal shit. You burn bridges even faster than me, and let me tell you, it's a lonely life...
Yeah, I bit my tongue on that for sure. Definitely not cool.

BTW SkyHighLer, I've read a lot of your stuff before coming here. Would just like to personally thank you for your contributions to the community, as well as helping me out quite a bit :)

Lono

Given the very unfortunate circumstances of your son falling off the wagon, his life falling apart, the nastiness of his divorce, still lives in Socal, etc. I can't see how wolfworx will get going anytime soon. Well, unless wolfworx is just GW?

I think that if people are waiting on more options in the market such as wolfworx, they should know that it happening is WAY off. To imply otherwise might be a bit more hopeful on your part than is realistic.

I agree this market is huge and there is room for everyone. Struggles with the current lot of extractor companies, mine included, certainly leaves room for competition if those problems can't be fixed. It is certainly more overwhelming than I anticipated, but we are finally able to hire some people to help ease the work load.

I certainly didn't mean to offend GW, but knowing your situation better than most, my predictions/observations are pretty spot on. You are also going for a different segment of the market than I. But in certain situations, we obviously overlap. Am I attacking you? I don't think so. Just like we are having problems, so do you. I hope we both overcome them, but I think yours are going to be more difficult because it requires something from your son that he currently doesn't have the ability to overcome. :(

Wow, I'm sorry. I didn't see this. I don't think I will be doing business with redbeard, ever.

Btw redbeard, its been over a month since I emailed you from my personal email, with no response. Don't you like to attack others for doing the same?

Don't bother responding to either email I sent you though, as it will surely be a waste of your time.

Lono

Also red beard, please don't post on this thread anymore. You've derailed it enough, and I would like it return to the original discussion.

Grow4Flow

Given the very unfortunate circumstances of your son falling off the wagon, his life falling apart, the nastiness of his divorce, still lives in Socal, etc. I can't see how wolfworx will get going anytime soon. Well, unless wolfworx is just GW?

Ouch!!!!!

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Hard to offend Graywolf; he has been offended, screwed, blued, and tattooed by any number of the top professionals, but in my dotage, I have come to heavily rely on Occum's Razor, and watching folks actions vis a vis their words.

While your words say you weren't trying to offend me, your actual observable actions are clearly a personal attack on my son, in an effort to discredit me and WolfWurx. As neither of us has personally attacked you, I infer it is how you conduct your business affairs and encourage all who read this thread to take notice.

I don't think you are mentally challenged, so I'm unwilling to accept that you think that your comments improves our relationship, makes my son moot, or improves the odds of him accepting your previous business offer?

If you could summarize your intent in five words or less, what would they be?

So that your pregnant comments aren't left hanging, Son I didn't fall off the wagon, he believed he could hold his liquor better than he was able to, while simultaneously taking other contra-indicated prescription medications.

That got him in deep trouble with both his wife and the local protect and serve officers, whom were called to subdue him, and the divorce as well as making the state of CA happy, has drawn out his relocation to Portland, and added complications. A good example of someone being dead sure they were right, but being wrong and a good lesson for anyone feeling full of themselves!

Also ancient history and why we are relocating his business from So CA, to Portland, which causes me to question the reason that you feel it is pertinent at this late date, to share the lad’s woes on public forum?

Are you sure that you are grabbing the sword by the right end?

Lono

"Most left to their own demise will destroy themselves"

Couldn't have said it better myself Grow4Flow, he is doing an excellent job ruining his reputation all by himself.

That is the beauty of forums, and to people like RB, the evil of them. Everything he has said, whether it be under this handle or any other, is here for ever.

Not to call ICmag into question but perhaps they made a mistake allowing redbeard to promote himself on their site...I know I wouldn't want to associate with someone as rude and unfriendly as he is.

That being said, I am more than happy to wait for Wolfwurx as I would love to support GW and waywardwolf. I'm sure GW would rather see me spend a few more months on research before diving into this(even though time is of the essence, for personal reasons :/). I'll just get a bubble now to keep myself occupied :)

GW handled that like a true gentleman, as expected. My freakin' idol. Sorry to hear about the unfortunate events with your son GW, best wishes to you and your family!

Well, when you say something, you gotta own it and everyone is entitled to their views on what I said. I am sorry it was taken in such a negative light and am sorry to whomever I have offended. First and foremost it was not an attack on his son in any possible way. I hear he is a nice guy.

I think my desire was simply to point out that without his son in the picture, there really is no Wolfworx. This assumption is simply based on what GW has said over and over. So when GW keeps implying all is good on that end, it certainly feels as if he is misleading people. So what did I do? I publicly called GW out for misleading people by stating some truths. I may have gotten some stuff incorrect, but I think you get the gist. He wanted to keep insisting all is well with each reply to one of my posts and that I was wrong, so I shared why I made such statement to begin with.

Was I wrong in saying what I did? Quite possibly. Was my intention to hurt GW or Wolfworx, not at all.

And responding to GW's question "If you could summarize your intent in five words or less, what would they be?" You misrepresent this situation often.

Wow, I'm sorry. I didn't see this. I don't think I will be doing business with redbeard, ever.

Btw redbeard, its been over a month since I emailed you from my personal email, with no response. Don't you like to attack others for doing the same?

Don't bother responding to either email I sent you though, as it will surely be a waste of your time.

I don't mind you bashing me publicly, but at least try not to outright lie. The only emails I have from you started two days ago.

Latest posts

Latest posts